Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Fish Farmers Day is observed on which date?
A) July 13
B) July 12
C) July 15
D) July 10
E) July 11
Answer: D) July 10
2. Pankaj Singh announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He was related to which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Rajasthan
3. P K Warrier passed away. He was Doyen of ____?
Answer: E) Ayurveda
- Doyen of Ayurveda and managing trustee of Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (KAS)
Dr P K Warrier passed away.
- In hislifetime spanning a century, he treated tens of thousands of patients from across the globe and his patients included former presidents and former prime ministers of India and abroad.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank signed MOU with the Indian Army offering a defence service salary package under its “Power Salute” initiative?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) CSB Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) Axis Bank
- The country’s third-largest private lender Axis Bank signed MOU with the Indian Army offering a defence service salary package under its “Power Salute” initiative.
- The Defence service salary package will offer different benefits to all ranks of army officers.
- According to the bank, it will offer–Personal accidental cover of up to ₹56 lakh to all army personnel; additional up to 8 lakh education grant; total Permanent Disability Cover benefit up to 46 lakh; permanent partial disability cover of up to ₹46 lakh; air accident cover of ₹1 crore, and free additional debit card for a family member.
- The benefits of the MoU will cover both serving Defence personnel as well Defence pensioners.
- At present, the bank also offers unlimited free payable-at-par chequebooks, and unlimited free demand drafts and pay orders.
5. Which organisation approves $650 billion expansion to fight pandemic?
B) World Bank
Answer: E) IMF
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which company rolls out digital platform to provide car financing solutions to customers?
D) Mahindra & Mahindra
E) Maruti Suzuki India
Answer: E) Maruti Suzuki India
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India announced the nationwide roll-out of its digital platform that provides customers end-to-end online car financing solutions.
- The company, which had launched Maruti Suzuki Smart Finance in limited cities in December 2020, said it is now available across India for customers of both ARENA (mass-market car retail chain) and NEXA (premium cars outlet).
- It has on-boarded 14 financiers, including HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank, Axis Bank, State Bank of India, IndusInd Bank, Bank of Baroda, Mahindra Finance, and Sundaram Finance.
7. Federal Bank gets RBI nod to re-appoint Shyam Srinivasan as MD & CEO for how many yrs?
Answer: D) 3
- Srinivasan took charge as MD and CEO of the lender on September 23, 2010.
8. Govt Sets Up how many Member Development Council For Cement Industry?
Answer: C) 25
- The government has set up a 25-member development council for cement industry, including Dalmia Bharat Group CMD Puneet Dalmia and UltraTech Cement MD K C Jhanwar, which will suggest ways to eliminate waste, obtain maximum production, improve quality, reduce costs and promote standardization of products.
- Dalmia is the chairman of the council.
- Its members include Shree Cement Ltd MD HM Bangur, The India Cements Ltd Executive President Rakesh Singh; Birla Corporation Limited CEO Pracheta Majumdar; J.K. Cement Ltd Deputy Managing Director Madhavkrishna Singhania, and JSW Cement Ltd CEO Nilesh Narwekar.
- The council’s functions also include promoting or undertaking inquiry as to materials and equipment and as to methods of production, management and labour utilization, including the discovery and development of new materials, equipment and methods.
9. Which Indian warship carries out drills with Spanish Navy in Cape Trafalgar?
A) INS Vikrant
B) INS Surat
C) INS Virat
D) INS Roober
E) INS Tabar
Answer: E) INS Tabar
- The assets deployed by the Spanish Navy for the maritime partnership exercise included a Cessna maritime patrol aircraft and a Sea King (SH-3D) helicopter.
- INS Tabar undertook a maritime partnership exercise at sea with the aircraft of Spanish Navy on July 8 near Cape Trafalgar soon after crossing the Straits of Gibraltar.
10. India, which country exchange pact to increase efficiency, cost-competitiveness in rail freight segment?
Answer: E) Nepal
- India and Nepal signed a letter of exchange aimed at allowing market forces to come up in the rail freight segment to increase efficiency and cost-competitiveness, making another milestone in India’s efforts to enhance regional connectivity under the “Neighbourhood First” policy.
- According to the LoE, all authorised cargo train operators, which include public and private container trains operators, automobile freight train operators, special freight train operators or any other operator authorised by the Indian Railways, will be able to utilise the Indian railway network to carry Nepal’s container and other freight — both between India and Nepal or third country from Indian ports to Nepal.
11. Which state implements first of its kind disaster management model for better preparedness?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the State Level Situation Room at Annexe-II of Vallabh Bhawan, State Level Control and Command Centre at Home Guard Headquarters and District Control Rooms in 52 districts.
- Chouhan’s disaster management model is the “first of its kind and effective model” in the country.
- With the help of modern technology, we will be able to fight disasters in a better way.
- With technology, 5,500 home guards, 550 SDRF personnel and other teams are ready to deal with any disaster.
- Inaugurated the State Level Situation and Disaster Control Room at Vallabh Bhawan.
12. Which organization in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and Antrix Corporation Ltd will be organising an International Space Conference and exhibition from September 13 to October 4, 2021?
Answer: D) CII
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and Antrix Corporation Ltd will be organising an International Space Conference and exhibition from September 13 to October 4, 2021.
- The digital conference and exhibition will be on the theme ‘Building NewSpace in India’ with an aim to facilitate and strengthen industry’s participation in manufacturing of satellites, launch vehicles and using space applications in various sectors.
13. Which Minister discussed at the G20 Finance Ministers meeting the global economic risks in view of emerging Covid19 variants?
A) Health Minister
B) Women Minister
C) AYUSH Minister
D) Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Minister
E) Finance Minister
Answer: E) Finance Minister
14. Which ministry has kicked off a mega survey on migrant workers in the country?
A) Health ministry
B) Women ministry
C) AYUSH ministry
D) Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises ministry
E) Labour ministry
Answer: E) Labour ministry
- The survey on migrant workers, proposed after a massive job crisis forced tens of thousands of them to flee cities after a total lockdown in 2020, is the first attempt to estimate their numbers and details associated with their work.
- The absence of such a database is a key hurdle in formulating policies for migrants.