Daily Current Affairs February 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 23 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 23
1. SAAF & National Cross Country Athletics Championship to be held in Kohima on Mar 26:
- The 2nd South Asian Athletic Federation (SAAF) Cross Country championship and the 56th National Cross Country Athletics Championship will be held at Indira Gandhi stadium in Kohima, Nagaland on March 26.
- The tournament was initially scheduled to be held on January 15 but it postponed due to the spread of Omicron.
- The tournament will be the first-ever international athletics event in Nagaland.
- More than 600 athletes will participate in the event from all the AFI affiliated states and union territories.
2. Carlos Alcaraz becomes youngest ATP 500 winner with Rio Open Tennis title:
- 18-year-old Carlos Alcaraz of Spain became the youngest to clinch an ATP 500 title after defeating Diego Schwartzman in the final of the Rio Open.
- It was a second tour-level title for Alcaraz and his 6-4 6-2 victory against 13th-ranked Argentine Schwartzman made him the youngest ATP 500 champion.
- Alcaraz, who won the NextGen ATP Finals in 2021.
- He defeated top seed and world number six Matteo Berrettini and another Italian Fabio Fognini, a former top 10 player, and climbed to a career best 20th.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 23
3. Star Health & South Indian Bank announce Bancassurance tie-up:
- South Indian Bank and Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd have joined to provide a innovative health insurance products for its Bank’s customers.
- Benefits of Star Health’s retail insurance products and group affinity products helping the customers to address their health insurance needs under one roof.
4. ESAF signs MoU with NABARD to improve rural prosperity:
- ESAF Small Finance Bank signed a MoU with NABARD to boost rural development initiatives in Kerala.
- For the benefit of agriculturalists, commercial horticulture, farmer producer organizations, agri clinic, agri start-ups etc. in the State.
- The activities include providing refinance, credit and other services for promotion of agriculture, horticulture, small scale, cottage and village industries, handicrafts and other rural crafts and other allied activities in rural areas, with a view to promote integrated rural development and securing prosperity in the state.
- ESAF has been doing various initiatives in association with NABARD since 1996.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 23
5. Adani Enterprises divests stake in DC Development Hyderabad, NDCL:
- Adani Enterprises Ltd announced divestment of its entire stake in DC Development Hyderabad Pvt Ltd and Naida Data Center (NDCL) to AdaniConnex Pvt Ltd.
- DC Development Hyderabad and NDCL to be wholly-owned subsidiaries of the company, Adani Enterprises.
- The company has divested its 100 % stake in DC Development Hyderabad Private Ltd and Naida Data Center Ltd.
- AdaniConnex is 50 % joint venture company of AEL with EdgeConneX Europe B.V.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 23
6. Coca-Cola ropes in Shah Rukh Khan as brand ambassador for Thums Up:
- Coca-Cola has signed Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan as the brand ambassador.
- Khan was associated with rival cola brand, Pepsi, for a long period of time.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 23
7. Army Chief presents prestigious ‘President’s Colours’ to 4 Para battalions:
- Chief of the Army Staff General M.M. Naravane and the Senior Military officials were presented the prestigious ‘President’s Colours’ or ‘Nishan’ as popularly known in the Army, to 4 Parachute battalions,Viz
- 11 PARA (SPECIAL FORCE)
- 21 PARA (SPECIAL FORCE)
- 23 PARA
- 29 PARA
- The award of President’s colours is one of the ”greatest honours” bestowed upon a Military Unit in recognition of exceptional service rendered by it to the nation, both during war and in peace.
- The ‘Colour Presentation Parade’ was held at the Parachute Regiment Training Centre (PRTC),It included a display of ‘combat free fall’ by 8 paratroopers.
- However, the paramotor flying demonstration was cancelled due to heavy winds.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 23
8. IIT Roorkee Launches ‘KISAN’ Mobile App For Dissemination Of Agromet Advisory Services:
- IIT Roorkee organised a regional farmers’ awareness program under Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa (GKMS) project in the continuation series of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- Farmers from Haridwar, Dehradun and Pauri Garhwal districts were participated.
- Farmers and other stakeholders were sensitized about the Agromet Advisory Services jointly provided by the AMFU Roorkee and India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- A mobile App “KISAN” has been launched with a special feature of the weather forecast and advisory bulletin will display only for the block selected by the farmer.
- The App is bilingual and users can select either Hindi or English language.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 23
9. Three more Rafale fighter aircraft arrived in India after taking off from France:
- The Rs 60,000 crore contracts between India and France in 2016 for 36 Rafale fighter jets is now nearing completion as only one aircraft is left to be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- The aircraft were provided aerial refueling support by the UAE Air Force.
- The 36th aircraft will arrive in India from France by March-end or April first week.
- The twin engine Rafale jets are capable of carrying out a variety of missions: ground and sea attack, air defence and air superiority, reconnaissance, and nuclear strike deterrence.
- The Rafales carrying the long-range Meteor air to air missiles are considered to have an edge over fighter planes with Pakistan and China.
- The planes equipped with the Hammer missiles have enhanced India’s capability to carry out air to ground strikes like the one in Balakot.
10. Tata Housing to invest USD 36 mn to develop 2 residential projects in Maldives:
- Tata group’s firm Tata Housing announced an investment of USD 36 million (around Rs 270 crore) to develop two luxury residential projects at Nadhee and Odean in the city of Male, Maldives.
- The projects are in close proximity to the airport and is developed in a public-private partnership with the Government of Maldives.
- It has already completed a social housing project in the island country in partnership with the Maldives government.
- The company will construct around 117 housing units in these two projects.
- Tata Housing has also launched another international project in Maldives.
- Tata Housing plans to develop these two residential plots with a total development area of 2.52 lakhs square feet, and aims to redefine quality residences in the region.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 23
11. Dr Jitendra Singh addresses 28th DST-CII India-Singapore Technology Summit:
- Jitendra Singh addressed the 28th edition of DST-CII India-Singapore Technology Summit. He stated that India is now an attractive hub for foreign investments in the manufacturing sector.
- With the help of Make in India drive, India is on a path of becoming the hub for hi-tech manufacturing as global giants have either set up or are in process of setting up manufacturing plants in India, attracted by India’s market of more than a billion consumers and an increasing purchasing power.
12. DRDO and IIT jointly demonstrate Quantum Key Distribution:
- DRDO and IIT Delhi demonstrated Quantum Key Distribution link between Prayagraj and Vindhyachal in Uttar Pradesh a distance of more than 100 kilometres.
- This technology will enable security agencies to plan a suitable quantum communication network with indigenous technology backbone.
- Quantum key distribution (QKD) is a secure communication method for exchanging encryption keys only known between shared parties.
- The performance parameters have been measured and found to be repetitively within the reported international standards at sifted key rates of up to 10 KHz.
13. MoS Meenakshi Lekhi inaugurates 3-day-long Craft Mela in New Delhi:
- Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi inaugurated a 3 day long Craft Mela organized by Indian Council for Cultural Relations, ICCR, in New Delhi.
- Craft Mela which celebrates India’s arts and crafts is an apt way of celebrating Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
14. Union Minister G Kishan Reddy addresses North East MSME Conclave: Building Competitiveness for Leveraging Opportunities:
- Kishan Reddy addressed the ‘North East MSME Conclave: Building Competitiveness for Leveraging Opportunities’ was Organized by the Confederation of Indian Industries.
- He stated that, MSMEs will play a critical role for the nation’s economic growth over the next 25 years of ‘Amrit Kaal’.
15. Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurates Second Bangladesh Film Festival in Agartala:
- The 2nd Bangladesh Film Festival was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Tripura Biplab Kumar Deb in Agartala with the opening of new channels of communication including waterways and railways.
- The 3-day-long film festival at Agartala is part of the golden jubilee celebration of the liberation of Bangladesh.
- Tripura is becoming the commercial corridor of North East and also providing huge potential for film making.
- The festival is showcasing the best movies related to the liberation war of Bangladesh to commemorate the glorious history of 1971 and the role of India in the liberation of Bangladesh.
16. Rajasthan rolls back New Pension Scheme, announces Old Pension Scheme from next fiscal:
- Rajasthan has become the first State to go back to Old Pension Scheme (OPS) for its government employees.
- Till date, barring West Bengal all States and Union Territories and the Centre have New Pension Scheme, better known as National Pension System (NPS).
- Rajasthan was first among States which adopted the system and later various States except West Bengal adopted the system.
17. Nasscom centre launches Smart Manufacturing Forum for MSMEs in Gujarat:
- The NASSCOM Centre of Excellence, Gandhinagar, has launched the Smart Manufacturing Forum, an initiative to help MSMEs adopt ‘Industry 4.0’ solutions.
- To help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and achieve maximum utilization.
- The forum will help manufacturing enterprises with an annual turnover of less than Rs 1,000 crore start, scale, and sustain the adoption of Industry 4.0 solutions.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology