Daily Current Affairs February 11
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 11. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 11
1. World Unani Day 2022:
- World Unani Day is celebrated across the world on 11 February every year.
- The day is marked on the birth anniversary of social reformer and great Unani scholar, Hakim Ajmal Khan.
- The day highlights the contribution of Hakim Ajmal Khan in the development of Unani medicine in India and across the world.
- The First World Unani day was celebrated in 2017 at the Hyderabad’s Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM).
- In 2018, the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) also began the scheme of AYUSH awards for Unani system of Medicine.
- The year 2018 also marked Hakim Ajmal Khan’s 150th birth anniversary and hence, celebrations were carried out in a grand manner.
- AYUSH awards for Unani medicine were distributed at a two-day International Conference during the event held at Vigvan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Every year, on World Unani Day, the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine, ministry of AYUSH organises an International Conference on Unani Medicine.
- The theme for the International conference of 2022 is ‘Diet and Nutrition in Unani Medicine for good health and well-being’.
- The conference will be held on 10 and 11 February in hybrid virtual mode due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hakim Ajmal Khan:
- Born on 11 February in 1868, l Khan was a Unani physician, an educationist and the founder of scientific research in Unani System of Medicine.
- He was also one of the founders of Delhi’s Jamia Millia Islamia University and was appointed the first Chancellor of the University in 1920.
- He served as a Chancellor till his death in the year 1927.
- Hakim Ajmal Khan was a spiritual healer, a herbalist and a distinguished Unani clinician.Khan had a career in politics too.
- He became the founding Member and President of the All-India Muslim League.He also served as the president of Indian Congress.
- To recognise his contributions, the Ministry of AYUSH, government of India declared his birthday as World Unani Day.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 11
2. Tasnim Mir wins Iran Fajr International Challenge:
- Junior World No 1 Indian shuttler Tasnim Mir notched a three-game win over Yulia Yosephine Susanto of Indonesia in the final to claim the women’s singles title at the Iran Fajr International Challenge.
- The 16-year-old from Gujarat, who became the first Indian woman shuttler to claim the world no 1 status in u-19 singles, beat second seed Susato 21-11, 11-21, 21-7 in 51 minutes.
- In the decider, Tasnim got her bearings back, zooming to 6-1.
- En route to the title, Tasnim defeated Iran’s Nazanin Zamani, Armenia’s Lilit Poghosyan, Iran’s Fatemeh Babaei, India’s Samayara Panwar before outwitting top seed and World Number 71 Martina Repiska in the semifinals.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 11
3. Luc Montagnier passes away at 89:
- Luc Montagnier, a French virologist awarded with the Nobel Prize for Medicine for co-discovering the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), has died.
- The laureate of the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 2008, co-discoverer of the AIDS-associated virus together with Francoise Barre-Sinoussi.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 11
4. India Ranks Number Three in Top 10 Countries for LEED Green Buildings:
- The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), announced India has ranked third in the world on its annual list of the Top 10 Countries and Regions for LEED in 202
- The ranking highlights countries and regions outside the United States that are making significant strides in healthy, sustainable, and resilient building design, construction, and operations.
- India certified a total of 146 buildings and spaces to LEED, representing nearly 2.8 million gross area square meters (GSM) of space.
- This marks a nearly 10 percent increase in LEED certified space in India from 2020.
- India ranks third on the list behind China, which topped the list with more than 14 million GSM, and Canada which certified more than 3.2 million GSM.
- India has consistently placed within the top three countries, representing the ever-growing domestic demand for LEED certification in the country as a means to reduce emissions, decrease environmental impact, and support health and well-being.
- In India, LEED is administered by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), which has been working relentlessly towards accelerating the adoption of green buildings across the country.
- On a cumulative basis, India’s overall projects under LEED stand at 1,649 buildings with a total of 46.2 million gross square meters.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 11
5. Hero Electric ties up with SBI for retail finance:
- Hero Electric said it has tied up with State Bank of India (SBI) for retail finance for its customers.
6. Tata AIA Life Insurance launches flexible annuity solution:
- Tata AIA Life Insurance has announced it has launched Tata AIA Life Fortune Guarantee Pension, a flexible annuity (guaranteed income for life) solution offering multiple tailor-made guaranteed income options.
- In a recent report by the World Economic Forum, the size of the retirement savings gap in India is expected to touch $85 trillion by 2050.
- Fortune Guarantee Pension is positioned on the premise of “Raho Befikr, Aaj ho Ya Kal”.
7. Kotak Mahindra Bank signs MoU with Prasar Bharati for salary accounts:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has become the first private sector bank to offer its corporate salary account proposition to employees of public broadcaster Prasar Bharati.
- MoU to this effect was signed between the bank and Prasar Bharati at Prasar Bharati House in New Delhi.
- The ceremony was chaired by DPS Negi, member (finance) Prasar Bharati and the MoU was signed by Jagat Singh Chauhan, deputy director (general admin), HOO, Prasar Bharati and Anirudh Maheshwari – senior executive vice-president and business head (corporate salary), Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- It will provide a zero-balance salary account with free unlimited ATM transactions on all Visa ATMs and anywhere banking across its 1,622 branches and 2,601 ATMs.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 11
8. Munishwar Nath Bhandari new Chief Justice of Madras High Court:
- Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari has been appointed Chief Justice of the Madras High Court.
- Justice Bhandari had taken over as the Acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court after the transfer of Justice Sanjib Banerjee to the Meghalaya High Court in November last year.
- The Law Ministry also notified the appointment of a total of 13 advocates and three judicial officers as judges of Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh High Courts.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 11
9. RailTel gets ICAI award for excellence in financial reporting:
- RailTel has bagged the ICAI award for excellence in financial reporting for the year 2020-21 in Public Sector Entities Category.
- The company was adjudged as winner in the category “plaque”.
- The award was given by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the premier accounting body which has been holding the annual competition for these awards since 1958.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology Jitendra Singh presented the awards .
- RailTel continues to be a profitable company since the 2006-07 financial year (FY).
- Despite the Covid pandemic, RailTel managed to make rapid growth and recorded its highest-ever consolidated income in FY 20-21 of Rs 1,411 crore, a growth of 21 per cent and achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16.6 per cent over the last 3 years.
- The company declared an interim dividend at the rate of 17.5 per cent of paid-up share capital (Rs 1.75 per share) for the FY 2021-22.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 11
10. Bharti Airtel-backed OneWeb confirms successful deployment of 34 satellites:
- Bharti Airtel-backed OneWeb confirmed successful deployment of 34 satellites by Arianespace from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
- This is the company’s first launch in 2022.It has had 13 successful launches bringing OneWeb’s total in-orbit constellation to 428 satellites.
- This represents 66% of OneWeb’s planned 648 LEO satellite fleet that will deliver high-speed, low-latency global connectivity.
- Liftoff of the latest launch occurred on Thursday, 10 February 2022.
- OneWeb’s satellites were separated from the rocket and dispensed in nine batches over a period of 3 hours 33 minutes with signal acquisition on all 34 satellites were confirmed.
- Neil Masterson, OneWeb CEO.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 11
11. India Pavilion participates at 72nd Berlinale European Film Market 2022:
- The virtual inaugural session of India’s participation in the annual film market at Berlin called EFM or the European Film Market which is organised on the sidelines of the Berlin International Film Festival.
- The Inaugural session, hosted by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB), National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), saw the unveiling of the virtual India Pavilion which showcases, among other things, 75 Years of India’s Independence – Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The star-studded Inaugural Session saw Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Mr Apurva Chandra extolling the film industry of India as the biggest in the world, producing 3000 films every year.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 11
12. SER becomes fully electrified railway zone:
- South Eastern Railway (SER) has achieved 100 per cent route electrification with the completion of work in Rupsa-Bangriposi section of the Kharagpur division.
- The Kolkata-headquartered SER is the second railway zone in the country after West Central to fully electrify its route.
- The 89-km Rupsa-Bangriposi project was sanctioned in 2018-19 at a cost of Rs 94.89 crore.
13. J&K govt, OYO launch ‘Crown of Incredible India’ home-stay initiative:
- To give a boost to the distressed tourism industry and turn the youth into start-up entrepreneurs in Jammu and Kashmir, hospitality tech firm OYO partnered with the J&K administration to launch a rural tourism initiative, ‘Crown of Incredible India’, across the Union Territory.
- By this, OYO will also partner with the government’s ‘Mission Youth’ programme to open homestays across 75 villages to promote entrepreneurship and create self-employment opportunities.
14. Indian Army conducts Hackathon at MCTE, Mhow to promote expertise in use of emerging technologies:
- A first-of-its-kind Hackathon was conducted at the Military College of Telecommunication Engineering (MCTE), Mhow under the overall guidance of the Shimla based Army Training Command (ARTRAC).
- The event, “Sainya Ranakshetram”, was conducted from 01 Oct 2021 to 31 Dec 2021 in collaboration with the Rashtriya Raksha University, in which over 15000 participants took part.
- The event was conducted virtually over the Internet and comprised a number of challenges based on Secure Coding, Software Defined Radio exploitation and Cyber Offensive skills.
15. Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 14.5 km long Rail-cum-Road-bridge over Ganga River in Munger:
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 14.5 km long Rail-cum-Road-bridge over Ganga River approach project on NH 333B in Munger, Bihar at a cost of Rs.696 crore.
- One of the major tourist and pilgrimage sites of Bihar, the city of Munger is known for its rich ancient history, culture, education and commerce.
- With the construction of this bridge, the distance from Munger to Khagaria will be less than 100 km and the distance from Munger to Begusarai will be less than 20 km.
- There will be a saving of three hours in traveling from Munger to Khagaria – Saharsa and 45 minutes in traveling from Munger to Begusarai – Samastipur.
16. Niti’s Atal Innovation Mission, UNDP India launches Community Innovator Fellowship for SDG solutions:
- The NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and UNDP India launched the Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF), which will provide the youth with an opportunity to establish their social enterprise focusing on sustainable development goals (SDG)-based solutions for solving community issues.
- This is going to be a one-year-long intensive fellowship programme.
- During the course of this fellowship, each fellow will be hosted at one of the AIM’s Atal Community Innovation Centres (ACICs) and will acquire SDG awareness, entrepreneurial skills and life skills while they are working on their idea.
17. J&K LG launches QR Code based mechanism for certification of handmade carpets:
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched QR Code based mechanism, which is first of its kind in the country, for certification and labeling of handmade carpets of J&K.
- With the QR-based application, customers can check and verify authenticity and other requisite details of carpets produced in Jammu Kashmir UT.
18. PM to address high-level segment of One Ocean Summit:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the high-level segment of the One Ocean Summit through a video message.
- The high-level segment of the summit will also be addressed by several other heads of states and governments including Germany, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan and Canada.
- PM Modi will address the high-level segment of the One Ocean Summit.
- The summit is being organised by France from February 9-11 in Brest in cooperation with the United Nations and the World Bank.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology