Daily Current Affairs February 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 12
1. RBI to observe financial literacy week during Feb 14-18:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will observe ‘financial literacy week’ during February 14-18, in order to propagate financial education messages among the public across the country.
- Theme of this year’s week-long financial literacy and awareness programme will be “Go Digital, Go Secure”.
- This theme is one of the strategic objectives of the National Strategy for Financial Education 2020-2025.
- The focus will be on creating awareness about:
- Convenience of digital transactions
- Security of digital transactions
- Protection of customers.
2. National Productivity Day 2022:
- On February 12, India celebrates National Productivity Day. The National Productivity Council (NPC) is the organiser of this special day.
- The planning of your time, skills, intelligence, energy, resources, and opportunities to help you achieve your goals is considered to be productivity.
- From February 12 to 18, the National Productivity Council will be celebrating productivity week across the nation under the theme “Self Reliance Through Productivity.”
- The NPC is an autonomous organisation established in 1958 under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- National Productivity Day also celebrates the formation of the National Productivity Council.
- The NPC is a national institution dedicated to promoting India’s productivity culture.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 12
- ESPNcricinfo awards Rishabh Pant wins ‘Test Batting Award’, Kane Williamson is ‘Captain of Year’:
- The winners:
|Men’s Test batting||Rishabh Pant 89 not out vs Australia|
|Men’s Test bowling||Kyle Jamieson 5 for 31 vs India|
|Men’s ODI batting||Fakhar Zaman 193 vs South Africa|
|Men’s ODI bowling||Saqib Mahmood 4 for 42 vs Pakistan|
|Men’s T20I batting||Jos Buttler 101 not out vs Sri Lanka|
|Men’s T20I bowling||Shaheen Afridi 3 for 31 vs India|
|Women’s batting||Beth Mooney 125 not out vs India|
|Women’s bowling||Kate Cross 5 for 34 vs India|
|Associate batting||Gerhard Erasmus 53 not out vs Ireland|
|Associate bowling||Ruben Trumpelmann 3 for 17 vs Scotland|
|Debutant of the year||Ollie Robinson|
|Captain of the year||Kane Williamson|
- India’s dashing keeper batter Rishabh Pant won top ‘Test batting’ prize for his series-winning knock of 89 against Australia in Brisbane last year while New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson was adjudged ‘Captain of the Year’ at the 15th Annual ESPNcricinfo awards.
- The Test bowling award went to Kyle Jamieson for his 5 for 31, which helped New Zealand become the first World Test champions.
- Pant steered India to an unlikely victory in the dying moments of play in the final Test, taking them to a 2-1 series win.
- Williamson, who was up against ViratKohli, Babar Azam and Aaron Finch for the award, won it for leading his side to the World Test Championship win and a runners-up place at the T20 World Cup.
- England fast bowler Ollie Robinson was named Debutant of the Year for his 37 wickets at 21.16 in eight Tests, which made him England’s second highest wicket-taker in Tests in 2021.
- While England men’s side had a largely forgettable year, they still managed to grab three awards.
- Saqib Mahmood’s 4 for 42 in a nine-wicket win over Pakistan got him the top ODI bowling prize.
- Jos Buttler won the T20I batting award for his unbeaten 101 off 67 balls on a challenging surface in Sharjah against Sri Lanka at the T20 World Cup.
- The ODI batting and T20I bowling awards went to Pakistan.
- Fakhar Zaman won the top batting prize for his 155-ball 193 against South Africa at the Wanderers, the highest score in an ODI chase and the second highest ever in a losing cause.
- Shaheen Afridi won the T20I bowling award for his annihilation of India in the 10-wicket win for Pakistan at the T20 World Cup.
- The jury for the awards included former players Daniel Vettori, Ian Bishop, Tom Moody, AjitAgarkar, Lisa Sthalekar, Daryll Cullinan, Russel Arnold, Daren Ganga, ShahriarNafees, Bazid Khan and Mark Nicholas, as well as ESPNcricinfo’s senior editors and writers.
- The jury picked the best performances in the three men’s international formats, and performances in women’s and Associates cricket at large, in the previous calendar year.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 12
4. Former Bajaj group chairman Rahul Bajaj passes away at 83:
- Industrialist and former chairman of Bajaj Group Rahul Bajaj passed away, February 12.
- Rahul Bajaj was awarded with the third-highest civilian award Padma Bhushan in 2001.Bajaj also served as a Rajya Sabha MP.
- As per February 2021, Rahul Bajaj was ranked at 421 on the Forbes list of the world’s billionaires with a net worth of USD 8.2 billion.
5. PHRO founder Justice Ajit Singh Bains passes away at 99:
- Punjab Human Rights Organisation (PHRO) founder and former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge Justice Ajit Singh Bains breathed his last.
- He was a judge at the Punjab and Haryana High Court from 1974 to 1984.
- Justice Bains founded the PHRO which was instrumental in exposing human rights violations in the state.
- Justice Bains’ son R S Bains is a prominent lawyer while his second son is a senior IAS officer.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 12
6. Global Entrepreneurship Monitor releases ranking of countries for conditions to start a business:
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor’s National Entrepreneurship Context Index (GEM NECI) provides policymakers with insights on how to foster such an environment.
- The index measures the 12 entrepreneurial environment conditions (EFCs) that make up the context in which entrepreneurial activity takes place in a country.
- In its latest ranking, Indonesia, Netherlands and Taiwan are the top three.
- There are 36 experts in each respective country who weigh in on the following 12 EFCs:
- Financial environment related with entrepreneurship
- Government concrete policies, priority, and support
- Government policies bureaucracy, taxes
- Government programs
- Entrepreneurial level of education at Primary and Secondary
- Entrepreneurial level of education at Vocational, Professional, College and University
- R&D level of transference
- Professional and commercial infrastructure access
- Internal market dynamics
- Internal market burdens
- General physical infrastructures and services access
- Cultural, social norms and society support
Country Wise Ranking:
7. Democracy Index 2021:
- Since the year 2006, the Economist Intelligence has been bringing forth the state of democracy worldwide in around 165 independent nations and two territories through its democracy index.
- The last year’s democracy index was published on February 10, 2022.
- It is based on the clearly stated five categories,e. electoral process and pluralism, functioning of the government, political participation, political culture and last but not least, civil liberties.
- India with a rank of 46 found its presence in the flawed democracy segment.
- Our neighbour Pakistan has been placed further below in the hybrid regime with a rank of 104.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 12
8. Indian Bank inks pact with University of Madras; to train staff on local language:
- Public sector Indian has tied-up with the University of Madras here to teach local language ‘Tamil’ to non-Tamil speaking staff members.
- The move to train the officers in local language comes in the backdrop of the amalgamation of Allahabad Bank into India Bank and many officers were transferred from various parts of the country to Tamil Nadu.
- A workshop on ‘Communicative Tamil’ with was organised today in association with the University to enable the officers posted in Tamil Nadu and whose mother language was not ‘Tamil’.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 12
9. DebashisMitra takes over as ICAI President; Aniket Sunil Talati becomes VP:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) said Debashis Mitra has been elected as its President for the 2022-23 term.
- Aniket Sunil Talati has been elected as Vice President of the institute, which has more than 3.40 lakh members and over 7 lakh students.
- Mitra, who is serving his third term in ICAI Council, has been in the accounting profession for more than 34 years.
- Apart from being a Chartered Accountant, he is also a Cost Accountant and a Company Secretary.
- He holds a master’s degree in commerce and is also a law graduate as well as a qualified Information Systems Auditor.
- ICAI is the world’s second largest accounting body.
10. Agritech platform Krishi Network onboards actor Pankaj Tripathi as investor, brand ambassador:
- Agritech platform Krishi Network has announced that it has on boarded actor Pankaj Tripathi, as an investor and brand ambassador.
- The association with the actor marks the startup’s efforts to reach out to the masses and help connect with farmers at the grassroot level.
- Pankaj’s background as a farmer resonates with the startup’s vision to enable farmers to improve profits by providing them instant answers to their questions for making critical farm decisions.
11. PoonawallaFincorp board reinstates AbhayBhutada as MD:
- The board of PoonawallaFincorp has re instated AbhayBhutada as its Managing Director.
- Bhutada had stepped down from the board in September 2021 following the interim exparte order passed by SEBI for his alleged contraventions of the SEBI Insider Trading Regulations involving the shares of Magma Fincorp.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 12
12. IIT-M Pravartak Technologies, Asha for Education to launch rural technology centers in TN:
- Pravartak Technologies Foundation run by Indian Institute of Technology-Madras was partnering with Asha For Education to launch rural technology centres to take computer science literacy to remote and rural government school students in Tamil Nadu.
- 2 Asha-IIT-Madras Pravartak Rural Technology Centres were inaugurated in neighbouring Tiruvallur district and plans were more to launch such centres near government schools this year.
- The Centres would spread the knowledge of technology and its benefits to rural areas of Tamil Nadu and would train class 9 to 12 students.
- Pravartak Technologies Foundation would provide the financial and technical support for this project.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 12
13. India to provide grant to Sri Lanka to implement ‘Unitary Digital Identity framework’ modelled on Aadhaar card:
- India has agreed to provide a grant to Sri Lanka to implement a ‘Unitary Digital Identity framework’, apparently modelled on the Aadhaar card.
- The government of Sri Lanka has decided to speed up the implementation of a Unitary Digital Identity framework in the country.
- The personal identity verification program: Is a digital tool that can represent the identities of individuals in cyberspace, and the identification of individual identities that can be accurately verified in digital and physical environments by combining the 2 devices.
- GoI previously agreed to provide a grant to implement the Unitary Digital Identity framework, after bilateral talks between the Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2019.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 12
14. Finance Minister launches first colour souvenir coin on ‘Panchtantra’:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the first colour souvenir coin on ‘Panchtantra’ on the occasion of 17th foundation day of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL).
- she emphasized on ramping up the quality of products and to brand SPMCIL as lead producers of currency and other sovereign products.
- The minister was also joined by Economic Affairs Secretary Ajay Seth and other senior officials of the ministry.
15. MoD signs up Bengaluru startup for pseudo satellite deal:
- The ministry of defence has signed up a design and development contract with a Bengaluru-based company to develop a High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) which will be able to conduct surveillance operations and support communications by staying airborne for months at a stretch.
- Mentored under the ministry’s Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) initiative, the programme has been supported by the armed forces and will see Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) as the lead prototype development partner.
- NewSpace Research & Technologies signed the contract with defence ministry with plans in place to develop the first prototype for tests within the next four years.
- The first phase of the programme will be undertaken by the startup with the seed funding by defence ministry and the prototype development is likely to see HAL as the lead partner.
- The estimated budget to develop the system is upwards of ₹700 crore and it will be part of HALs Combat Air Teaming System (CATS) that seeks to integrated manned airborne platforms with swarm drones and a high altitude surveillance network.
16. National Health Authority announces integration of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission with AarogyaSetu app:
- The National Health Authority announced the integration of its flagship Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission with the AarogyaSetu app, allowing users to create the 14-digit unique Ayushman Bharat Health Account numbers from the app.
- This integration takes the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) number to the AarogyaSetu user base.
- People can use their ABHA number to link their existing and new medical records, including doctor prescriptions, lab reports, hospital records and also share those with health professionals and health service providers.
17. Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry launches ‘SamajikAdhikaritaShivir’ & ‘An Integrated Mobile Service Delivery Van’forDivyangjan and Senior Citizens:
- A ‘SamajikAdhikaritaShivir’ for distribution of aids and assistive devices to ‘Divyangjan’ under the ADIP Scheme and Senior citizens under ‘RashtriyaVayoshriYojana’ (RVY Scheme) of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- It will be organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) in association with ALIMCO and District Administration Chhatarpur at Government Higher Secondary School, No.1, Chhatarpur in Madhya Pradesh.
- A total of 5286 aids and assistive devices valued at Rs. 2.33 crore will be distributed free of cost to 1391 Divyangjan and 553 Senior Citizens at Block/Panchayat levels.
- Union Social Justice and Empower Minister Dr.Virendra Kumar will be the chief guest ,will also launch ‘An Integrated Mobile Service Delivery Van’.
- Which has been developed by the ALIMCO to provide “After-Sale Service” and undertakean awareness campaign on the use of Aids and Assistive devices.
- And offering in-situ repairs/ correction /adjustment and fitting of Prosthetics and orthotics devices at the destination for the Aids and Assistive devices being distributed under the ADIP/RVY Scheme of Govt. of India.
- Shri Pradumn Singh Lodhi, Chairman Madhya Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd.,and MLA, Badamalhera, Madhya Pradesh will preside over the function.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology