Daily Current Affairs February 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 09
1. Safer Internet Day:
- February 8 is being celebrated as Safer Internet Day across the world.
- Its aim is to create safe and better internet, where everyone is able to use technology responsibly, respectfully and creatively.
- This year, it is a 19th edition of Safer Internet Day.
- A website has been created for the purpose which talks about the importance of Safer Internet Day and the programmes being organised on this day.
- Safer Internet Day started as an initiative of the European Union’s (EU’s) SafeBorders project in 2004 and was taken up by the Insafe network as one of its earliest actions in 2005.
- It is now celebrated in nearly 200 countries across the world.
- Theme: ‘Together for a better internet’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 09
2. Ahmedabad IPL team to be called Gujarat Titans:
- The Ahmedabad team of the Indian Premier League will be called the Gujarat Titans.
- The franchise, owned by private equity firm CVC Capital and to be led by India all-rounder Hardik Pandya, said the name was chosen to pay tribute to the state’s rich cricketing legacy.
- Former India pacer Ashish Nehra will be the head coach and Vikram Solanki the director of cricket, while World Cup-winning coach Gary Kirsten has been appointed as the team mentor and batting coach.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 09
3. Emmy-winning TV cinematographer George Spiro Dibie dies at 90:
- Television cinematographer George Spiro Dibie, who had a career spanning 48 years, died.
- Dibie served as president of Local 659 and then national president of Local 600 post-merger, with his tenure as a union leader lasting from 1984 to 2004.
- Since then, Dibie has been responsible for over 60 telefilms and more than 1,500 hours of primetime sitcoms, accruing 12 Emmy nominations and five Emmy awards for his work. Dibie’s Emmy wins came for his work on ‘Mr. Belvedere’, ‘Growing Pains’, ‘Just The Ten of Us’ and ‘Sister, Sister’.
- He later received a television career achievement award from the American Society of Cinematographers, as well as a distinguished service award from the Society of Camera Operators in 2008.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 09
4. NITI Aayog announces 5 most improved aspirational districts in Agriculture, Water Resources sector:
- NITI Aayog has announced the five most improved aspirational districts in the Agriculture and Water Resources sector for December 2021.
- As per NITI Aayog’s Delta Rankings ,Malkangiri in Odisha tops the list, followed by Chhatarpur in Madhya Pradesh and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir. Ramgarh in Jharkhand and Begusarai in Bihar also feature in the list.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 09
5. Aditya Birla Health Insurance inks Bancassurance Partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank:
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited (ABHICL) announced its bancassurance partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank for the distribution of health insurance products through the Bank’s network of branches Pan-India.
- This suite of Health insurance plans, including protection health plans, will be available for purchase to 2.7 million+ customers of the Bank across 642 branches in 214 districts spread across 19 states and 2 Union Territories in the country.
- This tie-up will help to reach the tier II and tier III markets with insurance solutions thereby increasing insurance penetration in the country.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance company has 175 branches located in India and has a diversified presence in than 2800 cities spread across the length and breadth of the country.
- With a vast network of more than 9,500 hospitals, ABHI can provide health insurance facility to the deeper and underpenetrated parts of the country.
- With this new partnership, ABHI now has 12 Bancassurance partners with over 51,120+ direct selling agents all over India.
- Mayank Bathwal, CEO – Aditya Birla Health Insurance; Utkarsh Small Finance Bank MD and CEO Govind Singh.
6. SBI partners with NSE Academy to launch five online courses:
- State Bank of India (SBI) has announced its partnership with NSE Academy that promotes financial literacy as a necessary life skill.
- Learners can start to enroll for the five inaugural MOOCs of SBI on the NSE Knowledge Hub platform.
- The courses curated by SBI are a good blend of theory and operational aspects.
- Om Prakash Mishra, DMD (HR) & CDO, SBI.
- NSE Academy, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of National Stock Exchange of India.
7. Bharti AXA Life Insurance launches Guaranteed Wealth Pro:
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance today announced the launch of Bharti AXA Life Guaranteed Wealth Pro – a comprehensive product that provides life insurance coverage along with a competitive and efficient savings avenue.
- The plan offers liquidity in the form of tax-free income from the second year onwards with its early income variants.
- The plan gives customers the flexibility to choose from two pay-out structures – ‘Endowment’ and ‘Income’, allowing customers to receive pay-outs based on their personal requirements and financial goals.
- The ‘Endowment’ option to receive pay-outs under the product as lump sum enable planning for future milestones and life goals
- ‘Income’ option offers a choice between short-term, long-term income and lifelong income with two early income variants as well.
- The riders available with the product are Term Rider, Hospi Cash Rider, Accidental Death Benefit Rider and Premium Waiver Rider.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 09
8. Sourav Ganguly brand ambassador of Shapoorji Pallonji group company:
- Former Indian team captain Sourav Ganguly will be the new brand ambassador of Joyville Shapoorji Housing, a brand of the diversified Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
- The housing company will launch the new brand campaign soon with Ganguly.
- Joyville Shapoorji Housing is a USD 200 million platform dedicated to developing accessible homes in India.
- It has been jointly created by Shapoorji Pallonji, Actis, International Finance Corporation (an arm of the World Bank) and Asian Development Bank.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 09
9. Nitin Gadkari to receive Late Madhavrao Limaye award:
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari will be felicitated with the 18th Late Madhavrao Limaye award in the category of Efficient MP, the Nashik Public Library.
- The felicitation ceremony will be held at his New Delhi residence on February 10.
- Union Minister of State for Health Bharti Pawar will grace the function as the chief guest.
- Instituted 17 years ago in the memory of senior socialist leader and former MLC Limaye, the award recognises the exceptional performances of elected representatives.
- Consisting of Rs 50,000 in cash and several mementos, the award has so far been bestowed upon stalwart politicians like B T Deshmukh, Ganapatrao Deshmukh, R R Patil, Pramod Navalkar, Shobha Fadnavis, Jiva Pandu Gavit and Dattaji Nalawade.
- The honour has also been received by Girish Bapat, S R Patil, Pandurang Fundkar, Jaywantrao Patil, Devendra Fadnavis, Balasaheb Thorat, Bachchu Kadu, Neelam Gorhe, Girish Mahajan and Dhananjay Munde.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 09
10. Iran unveils missile with range of 1,450km – Tasnim:
- Iran unveiled a new missile with a range of 1,450 kilometers, the semi-official news agency Tasnim said, a day after the resumption of indirect talks in Vienna on salvaging Tehran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
- The missile was displayed during a visit by top Iranian military leaders to the elite Revolutionary Guards’ (IRGC) missile bases.
- “The strategic weapon is a third-generation long-range missile developed by the IRGC that is propelled by solid fuel and is capable of penetrating missile shields with high manoeuvrability,”.
- “The modified design of “Kheibarshekan” has reduced its weight by a third compared to similar missiles”, while the preparation time needed for its launch has been cut to one sixth of what is normally required.
- Western powers say little time remains before Iran’s nuclear advances make the 2015 deal restricting them redundant.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 09
11. Turkey to open longest midspan suspension bridge:
- As Per the chairman of the board of directors of Limak Holding Ebru Ozdemir, The 1915 Canakkale suspension bridge across the Dardanelles with the world’s longest midspan of 2023 meters (6637 feet) is ready to open.
- The total cost of the bridge, which was initially estimated at $3.5 billion, increased by $342 million due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The spires of the bridge will tower 318 meters (1,043 feet) high while the total length of the bridge will reach 4,608 meters (15,118 feet).
- The junctions of the towers and elements of the bridge will be painted red and white like the Turkish flag. Construction started in March 18, 2017.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 09
12. Asia’s 1st Education Metaverse Crypto Coin- Koubek launched in India:
- Bitcoins like SHIBA INU, SAFEMOON, ELONGATE, DOGECOIN AND MORE are providing investors with huge returns which can completely secure your financial future in relatively short periods of time.
- Had you bought just $100 worth of SHIBA INU on 1st Jan 2021, it would have been worth a staggering $47M in Oct 2021.
- Asia’s 1st Education Metaverse Crypto Coin- Koubek Coin launched in India, Koubek Coin is being hailed as one of the most exciting projects to emerge in this space.
- Koubek Coin – Asia’s 1st Education Metaverse Coin revolutionise the Education space .
- Koubek Coin is a deflationary, self-reflecting Coin designed to become scarcer over time.
- With the Initial launch on Pancakeswap, It is on track to list on World’s leading Crypto exchange platforms like CoinExchangeWorld, Coinsbit, Coingeiko.
- Koubek Coins are also reserved for development team, Marketing team, Affiliate team, Educational initiatives for fair allocation & promotion of coin across the world.
- To increase the Koubek Coin utility, Koubek team has already partnered with Asia’s Leading Edtech Company – Digital Gurukul to offer Koubek as a utility coin for their 44850+ students via their Online/Offline platform.
- It is also in advance stage of discussion to partnered with 37+ Education Organisation across the Asia.
- Future development includes a niche NFT Education marketplace, $KBK Pay, NFT Play-to-Earn games, and token staking pools & much more.
- Koubek Coin was founded by a group of technology and blockchain enthusiasts of over 1 year of in-depth & detailed research with a guiding principle for honesty and transparency.
- The Koubek Coin Token contract is publicly viewable and was fully audited by Techrate.
13. Meghalaya CM launches eProposal System:
- Meghalaya CM, Conrad Sangma launched the eProposal System in governance to ensure that the delivery mechanism improves at the grassroots level, reducing time and increasing efficiency to sanction various important projects.
- “The eProposal System is a great milestone in governance which will really make a difference.
- Launching the eProposal System in the 50th year of Statehood sends a strong message of reform.
- Last week, the Chief Minister had inaugurated the ‘Shillong Technology Park, which is one of the 300 ambitious projects of the State Government, which will be inaugurated in 2022 as part of Meghalaya’s Golden Jubilee year.
- “Meghalaya has 70 per cent population below the age of 35 years.
- The first phase building of the Technology Park is going to create employment for more than 1500 people directly.The first phase of the building has been completed and funded by the State Government.
- For the subsequent phases, Government would encourage the Shillong Technology Park to operate on a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- The State Government is coordinating actively with all stakeholders, including the Government of India for expeditious roll-out of BharatNet and improvement in the Telecom network in the State.
- Emphasis is being given to the 4G towers being set-up funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF), The State is actively engaging with the Centre and Government of Bangladesh to ensure that submarine cable is made available to the Shillong Technology Park from Chittagong Port.
14. Aravalli Biodiversity Park in Gurugram declared as India’s first OECM site:
- The Aravalli Biodiversity Park was declared India’s first “other effective area-based conservation measures” (OECM) site on the occasion of World Wetlands Day.
- The announcement was made by officials of the Union ministry of environment, forest and climate change.
- “The OECM tag is given by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) to areas that are not protected but support rich biodiversity.
- Aravalli Biodiversity Park in Gurugram has been notified as the first OECM site in the country.
- The OECM tag does not bring any legal, financial or management implications, but designates the area as a biodiversity hotspot on the international map.
- The proposal to declare Aravalli Biodiversity Park an OECM site was sent by the National Biodiversity Authority to the IUCN in December 2020.
- The Aravalli Biodiversity Park is spread across 390 acres and has semi-arid vegetation, with around 300 native plants, 101,000 trees, 43,000 shrubs, and several species of birds.
- The park was transformed into a city forest from a 40-year-old mining site through the efforts of citizens, ecologists and scientists along with the help of the urban local body of Gurugram.
- The work started in the year 2010, when a citizens group called IAmGurgaon, wanted to do save the Aravallis and create a public space.
- Vineet Kumar Garg, the chairman of the Haryana State Biodiversity Board.
- In April last year, the MCG signed a MoU with Hero MotoCorp Limited for the ecological restoration and conservation of the Aravalli Biodiversity Park till 2031, and formally handed over its management in July.
15. UNEP signs MoU with Mah govt for implementing climate change actions:
- The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) has signed an MoU with the Maharashtra government to support its ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ campaign, an initiative with regard to the energy and environmental dimensions of sustainable development.
- ‘Majhi Vasundhara’ (literally, My Earth) is an initiative of the Government of Maharashtra’s Environment and Climate Change Department to empower citizens with knowledge on the impacts of climate change and environmental issues and to encourage them to make a conscious effort towards improvement of the environment.
16. IIM Kozhikode, Niti Aayog ink pact to boost monitoring and evaluation ecosystem:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation ecosystem in India is set to receive a boost with the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK) and the Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog joining hands.
- The premier B-School and the country’s top policy maker, DMEO, NITI Aayog, inked a historic Statement of Intent (SoI) on Institutional Partnership that will focus on strategic and technical collaboration to strengthen the overall monitoring and evaluation environment in India, with special focus on building a data monitoring and evaluation stack.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology