Daily Current Affairs February 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 03| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 03
1. Joginder Sharma has announced retirement. He is related to which sports?
- Indian pacer Joginder Sharma has announced retirement from all formats of cricket
- The cricketer is known for his exceptional bowling in the T20 World Cup 2007 Final, where India defeated Pakistan to grab the prestigious trophy.
- Joginder Sharma played his first international match in an ODI against Bangladesh in Chattogram in 2004.
- He played eight matches for India, including four ODIs and four T20Is. The pacer is remembered for his spectacular performance in the India vs. Pakistan match in the 2007 T20 World Cup final.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 03
2. Kalatapasvi K Viswanath passed away. He is film maker of which language?
- Renowned Telugu filmmaker Kalatapasvi K Viswanath passed away at his residence at the age of 92 from age-related ailments.
- The film director, screenwriter and actor is recipient of five National Film Awards, seven state Nandi Awards, ten Filmfare Awards South, and a Filmfare Award in Hindi.
- In 1992, he was awarded the Padma Shri and in 2017, the Central government presented him with Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest award in Indian cinema.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 03
3. Which company in collaboration with Reliance Retail, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank announced the launch of in-store acceptance of retail payments via Digital Rupee – Retail [e₹-R]?
E) Innoviti Technologies
Answer: E) Innoviti Technologies
- Innoviti Technologies in collaboration with Reliance Retail, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank, announced the launch of in-store acceptance of retail payments via Digital Rupee – Retail [e₹-R].
- After being the first to introduce dynamic QR based in-store UPI payments, Reliance Retail, in continuance of its endeavour to create convenient and seamless payment experience for customers, becomes the first enterprise retailer to adopt India’s digital currency acceptance.
- Innoviti Technologies, as a technology partner to Reliance Retail, has architected this solution using advanced technology that integrates into the cashier billing system. After billing, if a consumer chooses to pay through e₹-R, a dynamic Digital Rupee acceptance QR code is presented to the consumer for scanning.
- Customers, using their choice of Digital Rupee app powered by ICICI Bank or Kotak Mahindra Bank, need to simply scan the QR code on the terminal and enter their passcode to authorise payment through e₹-R. Cashiers and consumers get instant confirmation of e₹ transfer from consumer to Reliance Retail. The technology enables automatic reconciliation.
- On Dec 1, 2022, e₹-R was first introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for retail markets across select Indian cities in a pilot mode, with access limited to consumers of certain identified banks.
- Initially limited to four cities viz, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru and Bhubaneswar, it was later extended to nine other cities. Eight banks, including ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank have been identified for phase-wise participation in this pilot
4. RailTel Corporation of India Ltd has received a Work Order from which bank for providing 4G LTE connectivity to 15,000 offsite ATMs spread across India?
- RailTel Corporation of India Ltd, a PSU under the Ministry of Railways, has received a Work Order from the State Bank of India (SBI) for providing 4G LTE connectivity to 15,000 offsite ATMs spread across India.
- The project also entails the operations and maintenance of the entire network for a period of 5 years. The estimated total value of the project awarded to RailTel is Rs 253.35 crore (excluding taxes).
- It is notable that RailTel, a Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a pan-India optic fibre network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong a reliable network of 61,000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empanelled tier III data centres as well. RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data centre services etc. RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 03
5. Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced that India will have its first hydrogen train designed and manufactured locally by _______ on the Kalka-Shimla historic circuit?
A) December 2023
B) December 2024
C) December 2025
D) December 2026
E) December 2027
Answer: A) December 2023
- Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw announced that India will have its first hydrogen train designed and manufactured locally by December 2023 on the Kalka-Shimla historic circuit.
- Although hydrogen-powered train technology is still in its infancy with only a few countries using it on a limited basis, India’s early adoption is regarded as a significant step toward green initiatives.
- The upcoming hydrogen-powered trains will be known as Vande Metro
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 03
6. SpaceX launched and deployed a new batch of ______ Starlink internet satellites into low-Earth orbit?
- SpaceX launched and deployed a new batch of 53 Starlink internet satellites into low-Earth orbit. The Falcon 9 rocket carrying the satellites lifted off at 2:58 a.m. ET from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
- Falcon 9 is a two-stage-to-orbit reusable rocket designed and manufactured by SpaceX.
- The powerful rocket has completed many successful launches and has played a significant role in advancing the commercial space industry.
- launch was the rocket’s 200th successful mission and the fifth launch and landing for the first-stage booster, which previously launched CRS-24, Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13F, OneWeb 1 and now two Starlink missions.
7. Which IIT ties up with Drone Destination to open Bihar’s 1st govt-approved UAV training centre?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Mumbai
C) IIT Varanasi
D) IIT Hyderabad
E) IIT Patna
Answer: E) IIT Patna
- One of India’s leading unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) training and manufacturing groups, Drone Destination (DD), has signed an MoU with IIT Patna to open Bihar’s first government-approved drone training hub.
- DD is the state-run Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA)’s partner for drone training and has several centres across India.
- Drone Destination was became the first Drone Training Organisation to certify over 1,200 DGCA-certified Drone Pilots in the country along with our training partners IGRUA and Sanskardham.
- We now operate from 10 locations and intend to go to 150 Drone hubs in the next three years.
- We became NSDC’s first Drone Training Partner and plan to jointly open 10 new drone hubs as well as offer first-of-its-kind skill loans to make training affordable and a lucrative career choice for our aspiring drone enthusiasts.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 03
8. Which country has recently joined in the International Solar Alliance?
- India has welcomed Congo to International Solar Alliance.
- The External Affairs Ministry said Ambassador of Republic of Congo, Raymond Serge Bale signed the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement in the presence of Joint Secretary (Economic Diplomacy).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 03
9. An agreement worth _______ was signed between Dredging Corporation of India Limited and the lnland Waterways Authority for the “development and maintenance” of various national waterways in the northeast India?
A) Rs 104.5 crore
B) Rs 204.5 crore
C) Rs 304.5 crore
D) Rs 504.5 crore
E) Rs 704.5 crore
Answer: B) Rs 204.5 crore
- An agreement worth Rs 204.5 crore was signed between Dredging Corporation of India Limited and the lnland Waterways Authority for the “development and maintenance” of various national waterways in the northeast India.
- Dredging Corporation of lndia Limited (DclL), is a listed and premier dredging organization of India catering to the dredging and allied services to Ports, Indian Navy, fishing harbours and other maritime organizations.
- According to a release put out by Dredging Corporation of India, the works to be undertaken in Dhansiri River (NW-31): Numaligarh jetty to Dhansiri Confluence (35 km); Barak River (NW-15): Bhanga to Badarpur (10.5 km); Kopili River (NW-57): Confluence at Brahmaputra to Kalongpar Bazar (10 km); Brahmaputra River (NW-2): Ro-Pax Routes along river Brahmaputra (NW-2) and adjacent areas such as Dhubri, Guwahati, and Neamati.
10. The new Madhya Pradesh Bhawan, built at a cost of _______ in central Delhi’s Chanakyapuri, was inaugurated by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan?
A) Rs 150 crore
B) Rs 250 crore
C) Rs 350 crore
D) Rs 450 crore
E) Rs 550 crore
Answer: A) Rs 150 crore
- The new Madhya Pradesh Bhawan, built at a cost of Rs 150 crore in central Delhi’s Chanakyapuri, was inaugurated by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- The 108-room facility with six storeys has come up on a 1.5-acre land along the Jesus and Mary Road in Delhi’s Chanakyapuri area that houses a number of embassies.
- The old Madhya Pradesh House is located a few kilometres from the new one on the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Marg in Chanakyapuri, while another such facility called ”Madhyanchal Bhawan” is situated in the Vasant Kunj area of south-west Delhi.
11. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has estimated a credit potential of _______ under the priority sector for Jammu and Kashmir in 2023-24?
A) Rs 34,082 crore
B) Rs 44,082 crore
C) Rs 63,082 crore
D) Rs 74,082 crore
E) Rs 84,082 crore
Answer: A) Rs 34,082 crore
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has estimated a credit potential of Rs 34,082 crore under the priority sector for Jammu and Kashmir in 2023-24.
- Potential linked credit estimates for various sub-sectors of the priority sector were presented, which included Rs 18,732 crore for agriculture (Rs 17,312 crore in farm credit, Rs 467 crore for agriculture infrastructure, Rs 676 crore for food and agro-processing) and Rs 11,167 crore for MSME segment 2023-24.
12. Which Ministry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, NABARD and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited to enable Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) to provide services offered by Common Service Centers?
- The Ministry of Cooperation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, NABARD and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited to enable Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) to provide services offered by Common Service Centers.
- As per the MoU, which was signed in presence of Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah here in the national capital, PACS will now be able to function as Common Service Centres, along with this, more than 300 services will be made available to the rural population including 13 crore farmer members of PACS.
13. Which state government has renamed historic Islam Nagar in state capital Bhopal to Jagdishpur?
Answer: E)Madhya Pradesh
- The Madhya Pradesh government has renamed historic Islam Nagar in state capital Bhopal to Jagdishpur, which was the area’s earlier name
- Last year, the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government had renamed Habibganj railway station as Rani Kamlapati railway station after the legendary Gond queen, while Hoshangabad district was renamed as Narmadapuram.
- Incidentally, the Union government had recently renamed Mughal Gardens in Rashtrapati Bhavan as ‘Amrit Udyan’, which was criticised by some opposition parties
Ladli Bahna Yojana:
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced on Narmada Jayanti and Narmadapuram’s pride day that like Ladli Laxmi Yojana, now Ladli Bahna Yojana will be started in the state.
- Under the scheme, poor sisters of all classes will get one thousand rupees per month and if they are getting the benefits of other schemes, they will continue to get the same.
An estimated 60 thousand crore rupees will be spent on the scheme in 5 years
14. Which edition of Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary summit began in Wardha district of Maharashtra?
Answer: B) 96th
- The 96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary summit began in Wardha district of Maharashtra.
- The Sammelan was inaugurated in the presence of Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, School Education and Marathi language minister Deepak Kesarkar and other dignitaries in Sahitya Nagari in Wardha. While speaking at the inauguration ceremony Deepak Kesarkar expressed concern that Marathi schools are closing down gradually and came out with a suggestion to discuss this issue in the ongoing literary summit.
15. The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights launched its WhatsApp chatbot called _______ to enable two-way communication between people and the child rights panel?
A) ‘Varun Mitra’
B) ‘Bal Mitra’
C) ‘Sehal Mitra’
D) ‘Neo Mitra’
E) ‘Girl Mitra’
Answer: B) ‘Bal Mitra’
- The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights launched its WhatsApp chatbot called ‘Bal Mitra’ to enable two-way communication between people and the child rights panel.
- The chatbot aims to help citizens and the commission to interact more effectively, according to a government statement.
- Some of the features of the chatbot include complaint registration, searching information and tracking complaint status, and seeking information on admissions, among others.
- The chatbot aims to provide authentic information on various matters related to children and their rights, and ensure confidentiality of the matters reported through it.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology