Daily Current Affairs December 31
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 31. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 31 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 31
1. Quinton de Kock announced retirement from Test cricket. He was related to which country?
C) South Africa
Answer: C) South Africa
- De Kock made his Test debut against Australia in 2014.
- In 54 matches, he scored 3300 runs with a high score of 141 not out, at an average of 38.82 and strike rate of 70.93.
- He also took the third-most catches in the inaugural ICC World Test Championship – 48 in 11 matches (47 catches and 1 stumping) and has a personal best of six dismissals in an innings, against England in Centurion in 2019.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs December 31
2. Kanai Sarkar passed away. He was related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: D) Football
- Former India international goalkeeper Kanai Sarkar has died after a prolonged illness, All India Football Federation sources said.
- One of the prominent Indian custodians in the 1960s, Sarkar turned out for all three major clubs in the country then – Mohun Bagan, East Bengal and Mohammedan Sporting.
- He made his national team debut in September 1971 in a friendly match against the USSR and was also a part of the Bengal team which went to Tehran to participate in the Asian Club Cup in 1970.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 31
3. ADB gets _____ grant from JFPR for Assam skill university?
A) USD 2 mn
B) USD 1 mn
C) USD 3 mn
D) USD 4 mn
E) USD 5 mn
Answer: B) USD 1 mn
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has secured a USD 1 million (about Rs 7.4 crore) grant from Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) to be utilized for knowledge and technical support for an ADB-funded skill university in Assam.
- The JFPR grant, together with a technical assistance grant of USD 0.15 million from ADB’s Climate Change Fund, will support the USD 112 million Assam Skill University (ASU) Project.
4. Which company, Paytm join hands for card tokenisation to protect cardholders’ data?
D) SBI Cards and Payment Services
Answer: D) SBI Cards and Payment Services
- Tokenisation refers to masking the original card number by replacing it with a set of unique characters, termed as token, which secures the customer’s card details when a transaction is under process.
- SBI Card said the card tokenisation facility is available only on Android NFC (near field communication) devices.
5. Paisabazaar.com and which bank Launch Pre-Qualified Program for Personal Loans?
A) Bank of Maharashtra
B) DCB Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: E) Axis Bank
- Axis Bank customers, both salaried and self-employed, who are eligible for pre-qualified personal loans from the bank, will now be able to view and apply for the same offers through the Paisabazaar platform as well.
- This integration would lead to instant access to credit for these select customers through an end-to-end digital process, which can be completed through the click of a few buttons on Paisabazaar.
6. Which bank launched WhatsApp banking service for its customers as well as non-customers?
A) Bank of Maharashtra
B) DCB Bank
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: A) Bank of Maharashtra
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 31
7. Who is appointed India’s Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament?
A) Dr. Anu Ray
B) Dr. Sakthi Ray
C) Dr. Suba Ray
D) Dr. Krishnan Ray
E) Dr. Anupam Ray
Answer: E) Dr. Anupam Ray
- Dr. Anupam Ray has been appointed as the next Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
- Dr. Ray, an Indian Foreign Services (IFS) officer of the 1994 batch is currently serving as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 31
8. The Sahitya Akademi announced a list of ____ winners each of the Yuva Puraskar and the Bal Sahitya Puraskar for 2021?
Answer: E) 22
Sahitya Akademi Award 2021:
1. Anuradha Sarma Pujari (Assamese)
2. Bratya Basu (Bengali)
3. Mwdai Gahai (Bodo)
4. Raj Rahi (Dogri)
5. Namita Gokhale (English)
6. Daya Prakash Sinha (Hindi)
7. DS Nagabhushana (Kannada)
8. Wali Mohd Aseer Kashtawari (Kashmiri)
9. Sanjiv Verenkar (Konkani)
10. George Onakkoor (Malayalam)
11. Kiran Gurav (Marathi)
12. Chhabilal Upadhyaya (Nepali)
13. Hrushikesh Mallick (Odia)
14. Khalid Hussain (Punjabi)
15. Meethesh Nirmohi (Rajasthani)
16. Vindeshwariprasad Mishr “Vinay” (Sanskrit)
17. Niranjan Hansda (Santali)
18. Arjun Chawla (Sindhi)
19. Ambai (Tamil)
20. Gorati Venkanna (Telugu)
- The Yuva Puraskar for Tamil will be declared at a later date, and there will be no award in Rajasthani this year, the statement said.
Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2021:
1. Mrinal Chandra Kalita (Assamese)
2. Sunirmal Chakraborty (Bengali)
3. Ratneshwar Narzary (Bodo)
4. Narsingh Dev Jamval (Dogri)
5. Anita Vaccharajani (English)
6. Devendra Mewari (Hindi)
7. Basu Bevinagida (Kannada)
8. Majeed Majazi (Kashmiri)
9. Sumedha Kamat Desai (Konkani)
10. Anmol Jha (Maithili)
11. Raghunath Paleri (Malayalam)
12. Ningombam Jadumani Singh (Manipuri)
13. Sanjay Wagh (Marathi)
14. Sudarsha Ambatey (Nepali)
15. Digaraj Brahma (Odia)
16. Kirti Sharma (Rajasthani)
17. Asha Agarwal (Sanskrit)
18. Sova Hansda (Santali)
19. Kishin Khubchandani “Ranjayal” (Sindhi)
20. Mu. Murugesh (Tamil)
21. Devaraju Maharaju (Telugu)
22. Kausar Siddiqui (Urdu)
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar 2021:
1. Abhijit Bora (Assamese)
2. Gourob Chakraborty (Bengali)
3. Gautom Daimary (Bodo)
4. Arun Akash Dev (Dogri)
5. Megha Majumdar (English)
6. Drashti Soni (Gujarati)
7. Himanshu Vajpai (Hindi)
8. L.Lakshmi Narayan Swamy (Kannada)
9. Razi Tahir Bhagat (Kashmiri)
10. Sharddha Garad (Konkani)
11. Amit Mishra (Maithili)
12. Mobin Mohan (Malayalam)
13. Lenin Khmancha (Manipuri)
14. Pranav Sakhadeo (Marathi)
15. Mahesh Dahal (Nepali)
16. Debabrata Das (Odia)
17. Veerdavinder Singh (Punjabi)
18. Swetapadma Satapathy (Sanskrit)
19. Kuna Hansdah (Santali)
20. Rakesh Shewani (Sindhi)
21. Thagulla Gopal (Telugu)
22. Umar Farhat (Urdu)
- There are no awards in Gujarati and Punjabi this year.
- The recipients of both the awards will be given a casket containing an engraved copper plaque and a cheque of Rs 50,000 at a special function to be held at a later date.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 31
9. Which country test-fires new hypersonic Tsirkon missiles from frigate, submarine?
Answer: B) Russia
- Russia test-fired around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and two more from a submarine, Interfax news agency said citing northern fleet.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has lauded the weapon as part of a new generation of unrivaled arms systems.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 31
10. Which ministry extended the validity of the FCRA registration of NGOs by three months till March 31?
B) Civil Aviation
D) Women & Child Development
Answer: E) Home
- The Union home ministry extended the validity of the FCRA registration of NGOs by three months till March 31.
- However, organizations such as the Missionaries of Charity will not be eligible for the extension benefits as their applications for a renewal of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act registration have already been rejected, according to a notice issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
Govt approves 19th tranche of electoral bonds; sale opens on Jan 1:
- Ahead of assembly elections in five states, the government approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds, which will be open for sale from January 1 to 10.
- Electoral bonds have been pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
- However, Opposition parties have been raising concerns about alleged opaqueness in funding through such bonds.
- The 29 specified SBI branches are in cities, such as Lucknow, Shimla, Dehradun Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Srinagar, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Raipur, and Mumbai.
- Assembly elections for 5 states– Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Goa— are expected to be announced next month.
- The sale of the first batch of electoral bonds took place from March 1-10, 2018.
- The 18th tranche of the bond sale took place from September 1 to September 10, 2021.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance