Daily Current Affairs December 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 30
1. Ross Taylor announces retirement from international cricket. He was related to which country?
E) New Zealand
Answer: E) New Zealand
- Taylor hence will play his final appearance in the second Test against Bangladesh, where will will equal Daniel Vettori’s record of 112 tests for New Zealand.
- Taylor, who made his Test debut back in 2008 against South Africa and played the first of 233 ODIs against the West Indies in 2006, will bid adieu to the game as New Zealand’s top-scorer in Test and one-day international cricket.
- His 21 ODI centuries also are a New Zealand record.
Ross Taylor – Retirement from International cricket.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 30
2. Which institute is topped in Institute of National Importance, Central Universities & CFTIs category in Atal Innovation Rankings 2021?
A) IIT, Kanpur
Answer: E) IIT-Madras
- The Ministry of Education’s innovation cell released the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2021 on December 29.
- This is the third time that IIT Madras has secured the first rank.
- IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi were placed at the second and third ranks respectively.
Institute of National Importance, Central Universities & CFTIs:
|10||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology|
In government and government-aided universities:
|2||Delhi Technological University|
|3||Netaji Subhas University of Technology|
|4||Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University|
|5||Avinashilingam Institute For Home Science And Higher Education For Women|
|6||Institute of Chemical Technology|
|7||Gujarat Technological University|
Govt. and Govt. Aided College/Institutes:
|1||College of Engineering Pune|
|2||PSG College of Technology|
|3||L. D. College of Engineering|
|4||Thiagarajar College of Engineering|
|5||Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute|
Private or Self-Financed Universities:
|1||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Khordha|
|3||Lovely Professional University|
|4||S.R.M. Institute of Science And Technology|
|5||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University|
Private or Self-Financed College/Institutes:
|1||G H Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|2||R.M.K. Engineering College|
|3||KIET Group of Institutions|
|4||Sri Krishna College of Engineering And Technology|
|5||Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology|
Institute of National Importance, Central Universities & CFTIs (non-technical):
|1||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|2||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode|
General (Non-Technical): Top 5 Ranks
|1||Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India|
|2||Sree Narayana College|
|3||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|4||PSG College of Arts And Science|
|5||Holy Cross College, Tiruchirappalli|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 30
3. Which organisation extends deadline for periodic KYC update till March 31 2022?
Answer: C) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the last date for periodic KYC update till March 31, amid Omicron uncertainties and has advised banks and other regulated entities not to take restrictive action against customers till the fiscal end.
- Earlier in May, the RBI had extended the last date for updation of KYC by regulated entities till December-end because of the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs December 30
4. ITC partners with which organisation to crowdsource innovative ideas for single-use plastic substitution?
E) Invest India
Answer: E) Invest India
5. Which company and Bajaj Finance partner to provide financing to used car buyers?
B) Tata Motors
Answer: E) Cars24
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 30
6. Durga Shankar Mishra assumes charge as chief secretary of which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
- Newly-appointed Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Durga Shankar Mishra assumed charge and said he would work diligently to take various schemes of the government to people.
- Mishra, a 1984-batch IAS officer who was due to retire on December 31, was given the important responsibility ahead of the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
- He took over from Rajendra Kumar Tiwari, a 1985-batch IAS officer who is due to retire in February 2023.
- Mishra has been given a one-year extension in service.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs December 30
7. Which country launches satellite-carrying rocket into space?
Answer: C) Iran
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 30
8. Which country is selected as member of New Development Bank of BRICS?
Answer: A) Egypt
- India welcomed Egypt’s entry as the fourth new member of the New Development Bank (NDB) that was established by the BRICS countries six years ago.
- The NDB admitted Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Uruguay as its new members in September.
- The BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa) set up the bank with an aim to mobilise resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in emerging economies.
9. Which country has launched a new nuclear powered icebreaker ‘Sibir’?
Answer: B) Russia
- During the 21st edition of the India-Russia summit held on December 6, the Indian Side also expressed its interest in collaborating with Russia on the Northern Sea Route.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 30
10. PM Modi inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 23 projects worth over Rs 17500Cr in which state?
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Lakhwar Multipurpose Project which was first conceived in 1976 and was pending for many years.
- He inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of Rs 8700 crore road sector projects.
- These road projects would realise PM’s vision to improve connectivity in remote, rural and border areas.
11. Which state government has renamed Jhansi Railway Station as ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’ after Rani Laxmibai?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
12. Which organisation released a compendium of innovations focused on agriculture featuring 70 startups and a collection of 41 innovations in technology?
E) AIM, NITI Aayog
Answer: E) AIM, NITI Aayog
- According to an official statement, both books are a celebration of the success stories of young innovators of India.
- ”The ‘Innovations for You’– a compendium of innovations focused on agriculture featuring 70 startups supported by Atal incubation Centers (AICs) of AIM and ‘The Ingenious Tinkerers’ – a compendium on the innovations on technology featuring 41 innovations from Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) of India,” it said.
13. Which state launches digital life certificate mechanism for pensioners?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Odisha
- Patnaik said the introduction of digital life certificates and E-dairy were part of his government’s 5T and ‘Mo Sarkar’ initiatives.
- The 5Ts include teamwork, technology, transparency, transformation, and time limit on which performance of government officials and projects are judged, while the ‘Mo Sarkar’ initiative attempts to bring in professionalism and behavioural change in public offices through a direct random feedback system from citizens.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology