Daily Current Affairs December 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 19
1. Goa Liberation Day is observed on which date?
A) December 11
B) December 19
C) December 18
D) December 12
E) December 14
Answer: B) December 19
- Every year on 19 December, Goa Liberation Day is celebrated in the state as Goa was liberated from Portuguese rule on that day in 1961.
- Goa was a Portuguese colony for 451 years.
How Goa was liberated:
- In the 19th Century, when there was a movement for Independence in India, the effects of which were felt on a smaller scale in Goa as well.
- Goans participated in Satyagraha in the late 1940s. After India got independence, the Portuguese refused to give up their hold over Goa.
- Finally, on 19 December, 1961, India conquered Goa from the Portuguese and Goa became a part of India.
- Goa was taken over by the Portuguese from the Maratha rule in 1641 and began the minor Bicholim conflict, which ended in a peace treaty between the Portuguese and Maratha Empire.
- The government of India under Jawaharlal Nehru in 1961 adopted a plan called Operation Vijay to free the Portuguese colonies in India.
- General JN Chaudhari was in charge of carrying out this plan. By 11 December, 1961, Indian forces were placed at Belgaum, Vapi and Una for attacks on Goa, Daman and Diu, respectively.
- Operations against Goa were directed by Major General KP Candeth.
- On 12 December, 1961, the two mainland routes connecting Goa and India were sealed for the civilian population.
- 18 December, 1961, was the day determined for the attack.
- All the three sections of the Indian armed forces participated in Operation Vijay.
- The Indian attack overpowered the Portuguese 3,000-member army with a force of almost 30,000.
- After numerous operations all over Goa, on 19 December, the Indian forces, which had successfully reached Betim the previous day, arrived at Panjim and hoisted the Indian flag.
- The Indian national flag was hoisted by Major General KP Candeth.
- A War Memorial at Indian Naval Ship Gomantak was constructed in memory of seven sailors and other personnel who laid down their lives on 19 December 1961.
- Every year on this day, the officers of the Indian Navy pay their homage to the soldiers.
A Guard is paraded and wreaths laid on the occasion at the war memorial.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 19
2. Which small finance bank has introduced TReDS (Financing Trade Receivable Electronic Discounting System) for discounting bills using a TReDS platform?
A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
B) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank.
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
D) A U Small Finance Bank.
E) ESAF Small Finance Bank.
Answer: E) ESAF Small Finance Bank.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has introduced ESAF TReDS (Financing Trade Receivable Electronic Discounting System) for discounting bills using a TReDS platform.
- TReDS is an electronic platform for facilitating the financing/discounting of trade receivables of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through multiple financiers, a press release said here.
- ESAF Small Finance Banks is committed to promoting financial inclusion and gender equality through specialized financial services.
- ESAF Bank is a member of certain TReDS platforms and bills are discounted by participating in the bidding process on these platforms.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank is one of the small finance banks in the country to get access to three TReDS platforms approved by RBI, i.e., Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL), Invoicemart, and M1xchange-Mynd Online National Exchange for Receivables.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs December 19
3. CSC e-Governance Services India and which company have collaborated to impart digital skills among six crore students of the age of 10 to 22 years, mainly in rural areas in the country?
Answer: B) Infosys
- CSC e-Governance Services India and IT giant Infosys have collaborated to impart digital skills among six crore students of the age of 10 to 22 years, mainly in rural areas in the country.
- Powered by Infosys Wingspan, a next-gen learning solution, Infosys Springboard aims to enhance the digital literacy of students and help them be competent in digital technologies and supporting life skills.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs December 19
4. Gajapati: A king without a kingdom is authored by whom?
1) Kavitha Rao
2) Bimal Prasad
3) Ashok Bal
A) Only 1
B) Only 3
C) Only 2
D) Only 1 & 3
E) Only 2 & 3
Answer: B) Only 3
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has released a book on Gajapati kings of the state.
- The book titled ‘Gajapati: A king without a kingdom’ and written by Ashok Bal, was released by the chief minister.
Fiction novel on Subhas Chandra Bose, titled ‘A Bird From Afar’, launched by Amitabh Kant:
- It was an evening of history lessons and lively discussions as senior journalist Anshul Chaturvedi’s debut historical fiction novel on Subhas Chandra Bose, titled A Bird From Afar, was launched by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant in the national capital at the week-long Kitaab Festival organised by the Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
- The book, Chaturvedi’s fourth, is a fictional narrative of “World War 2 going differently at critical moments in 1942, and Subhas and his Indian Legion raised in Germany exploring if that presented an opportunity to ‘Chalo Dilli’”.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 19
5. Which State has been awarded the Agri-Entrepreneur Krishak Ratan Award-2021 for the Best Initiative in Risk Management and Brand Development (Har Hit Stores)?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Haryana
- Haryana State has been awarded the Agri-Entrepreneur Krishak Ratan Award-2021 for the Best Initiative in Risk Management and Brand Development (Har Hit Stores).
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Parshottam Rupala presented this award to the Haryana Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister J P Dalal during Progressive Agri Leadership Summit-2021 held at Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry Nauni-Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
- Notably, Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni-Solan and Sikkim State Co-operative Supply and Marketing Federation Limited (IMFED) jointly organised Progressive Agri Leadership Summit-2021 which has brought all stakeholders on a single platform.
- The aim of the summit was to share ideas and strategies for achieving the national goals of agriculture, doubling farmer’s income, and sharing valuable experiences.
6. Which organisation Receives Prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2021?
A) NITI Aayog
Answer: C) SAIL
- The Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), under the Ministry of Steel has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2021 in the Steel Sector by the Institute of Directors.
- SAIL has been the winner of this award for successive three years.
- This bears testimony to the efforts made by the Company for sustainable and environmentally responsible steel making.
- SAIL is sensitive to global concern for climate change.
- Carbon footprint reduction has become an integral part of the company’s corporate policies and operations.
- Deployment of state-of-the-art environment friendly technology, R&D initiatives in association with academic institutes of repute for resource efficiency, creation of carbon sinks by massive plantation drives, gradual shift to LED lighting, enhancing share of renewable energy etc are some of the major initiatives undertaken by SAIL in this area.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs December 19
7. A SpaceX rocket carried ____ Starlink internet satellites into orbit from California?
Answer: E) 59
- A SpaceX rocket carried 52 Starlink internet satellites into orbit from California .
- The two-stage Falcon 9 rocket lifted off from coastal Vandenberg Space Force Base at 4:41 am and arced over the Pacific.
- The Falcon’s first stage returned and landed on a SpaceX droneship in the ocean.
- It was the 11th launch and recovery of the stage.
- The second stage continued into orbit and deployment of the satellites was confirmed, said launch commentator Youmei Zhou at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California.
- Starlink is a satellite-based global internet system that SpaceX has been building for years to bring internet access to underserved areas of the world.
- Saturday’s mission was the 34th launch for Starlink, a constellation of nearly 2,000 satellites in low Earth orbit.
- SpaceX also was scheduled to launch a Turkish communications satellite from Florida at 10:58 pm EST.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 19
8. Which organization conducts flight demonstration of Controlled Aerial Delivery System?
A) NITI Aayog
Answer: B) DRDO
- The Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE), Agra conducted a flight demonstration of Controlled Aerial Delivery System of 500 kg capacity (CADS-500), informed the Ministry of Defence.
- As per the Ministry, ADRDE, Agra is an R&D laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the flight demonstration is part of a series of activities organised towards celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, commemorating 75 years of Independence.
- The CADS-500 is used for precise delivery of payloads up to 500 kgs at a predetermined location by making use of manoeuvrable capabilities of the Ram Air Parachute (RAP).
- It uses Global Positioning System for the coordinates, altitude and heading sensors for the heading information during its flight.
- The CADS, with its onboard electronics unit, autonomously steers its flight path using waypoint navigation towards the target location by operating controls.
- System performance was demonstrated at Drop Zone, Malpura from an altitude of 5000m.
- The system was para-dropped from AN32 aircraft and then steered to the predesignated landing point in autonomous mode.
- Eleven paratroopers of the Indian Army and Indian Air Force chased the CADS-500 in the air and landed simultaneously.
9. Which state government created three new districts bringing the total number of such administrative units in the state to 15?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Nagaland
- The Nagaland government created three new districts bringing the total number of such administrative units in the state to 15.
- The state Cabinet decided on the formation of Tseminyu, Niuland, and Chumukedima districts, Deputy Chief Minister Yanthungo Patton told journalists on the sidelines of a programme here.
- While the Tseminyu sub-division in Kohima district has been upgraded to a district, Niuland and Chumukedima have been carved out of Dimapur district.
- Though there were demands from at least 11 tribes for the creation of new districts, the Cabinet could consider only three of them as some districts are inhabited by only one tribe and those cannot be divided, the deputy chief minister said.
10. Who launches Sarthak’s Rozgar Sarathi job portal for persons with disability?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Anurag Singh Thakur
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: E) Nitin Gadkari
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari launched ‘Rozgar Sarathi online job portal’, promoted by NGO Sarthak, which promises to provide private as well as government jobs for persons with disabilities (PwD’s).
- Speaking at the valedictory function of 8th national conference on Disability hosted by Sarthak Educational Trust and National Abilympics Association of India, Gadkari said, “Disabled people have wonderful capacity, we need to extract the best of them and NGO like Sarthak is doing good work.
- For the people who are ‘divyang’, it is very difficult to survive, hence its a duty of society to give them employment and sustainable life.
- It’s the time of the country to lend a helping hand and give them an appropriate vision.
- The portal enables people with visual impairments access the website using assistive technologies, such as screen readers.
- Sarthak Educational Trust has been working since 2008 and in last 13 years, it has successfully reached out to 4 per cent (0.8 million) of disabled populace in India and trained 34,300 and placed 23,450 PwDs to let them excel in their fields.
- Meanwhile, several national and global experts took part in the two-day event.
11. Which edition of India Central Asia Foreign Ministers level dialogue in New Delhi?
Answer: C) 3
- India and Central Asian strategic ally Tajikistan decided to widen bilateral partnership in matters of security, connectivity, trade and capacity building to expand New Delhi’s presence in the periphery of Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan situation also figured prominently when foreign minister S Jaishankar held wide-ranging discussions with his Tajik counterpart Sirojiddin Muhriddin here on the eve of third edition of India Central Asia Foreign Ministers level dialogue.
- This was the fourth meeting between Jaishankar and Muhriddin this year that included three visits to Dushanbe since April.
12. Which organisation inks MoU with NCC to reuse plastic waste collected by cadets in building roads?
Answer: A) NHAI
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Cadet Corps (NCC) to reuse plastic waste, collected by the cadets during its latest campaign, for construction of roads across the country, the Defence Ministry said .
- NCC started a month-long Puneet Sagar Abhiyan on December 1 to clean the beaches.
- The MoU between NCC and NHAI has been signed and exchanged on December 17 by NCC’s Director General Lt Gen Gurbirpal Singh and NHAI’s Chief General Manager Sushil Kumar Mishra, it said.
- The aim of the campaign is to propagate the message of ‘importance of clean seashores/beaches’ amongst the local population and future generations, it noted.
- The NCC has also approached IITs and other premier institutes for their cooperation in recycling and gainful utilisation of the plastic wastes collected, it mentioned.
13. Which state launched a major initiative to save the lives of road accident victims in the State – Innuyir Kaappon – providing free medical treatment within the first 48 hours to those injured?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin launched a major initiative to save the lives of road accident victims in the State – Innuyir Kaappon – providing free medical treatment within the first 48 hours to those injured.
- A total of 609 hospitals across the state– 408 private hospitals and 201 government hospitals–have been networked to provide the medicare during the golden hour and save precious human lives.
- The scheme offers about 81 recognised live saving procedures to a maximum cover of up to Rs one lakh to the victim and the gesture will include the beneficiaries of the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS) and non-members.
- The free medicare during the first 48 hours will be provided to accident victims of Tamil Nadu and others visiting the State, the government said.
- The beneficiaries of CMCHIS would be allowed to continue treatment at the same hospital while those not covered under this scheme or any insurance scheme will be treated for free at the government hospital after his or her condition is stabilised, a release said.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Books and Authors
Science and Technology