Daily Current Affairs December 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 15
1. Who formally inaugurated the first-ever national-level Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (Under 21) at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Anurag Singh Thakur
D) Venkaiah Naidu
E) Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer: C) Anurag Singh Thakur
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur formally inaugurated the first-ever national-level Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (Under 21) at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi.
- Thakur was joined by Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Nishith Pramanik and the Indian Olympic Association President Narendra Batra and other dignitaries.
- The league holds a cash prize of Rs 30 lakh for the winners- 15 lakh from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and 15 lakh from Hockey India.
- A total of 14 teams are competing in the first phase of the tournament to be held from December 15 to 21.
- As many as 42 matches will be played during the first phase, while the second and third phase will be held early next year.
2. The International Boxing Association Extraordinary Congress ushered in a new era for the sport as the federation changed its acronym from AIBA to ____?
Answer: A) IBA
- The International Boxing Association Extraordinary Congress ushered in a new era for the sport as the federation changed its acronym from AIBA to IBA while adopting a comprehensive set of governance reforms developed by independent experts.
- A total of 107 of IBA’s national federations were in attendance to approve these widespread changes.
- “As we celebrate our 75th anniversary, I am very proud of the way IBA is quickly and comprehensively becoming fit for the future.
- Only a year has passed since I had the privilege of becoming President of IBA.
- Working together, we have already completed reforms that would not have been thought possible before,” said President Umar Kremlev.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 15
3. Tata Motors ties up with which bank for passenger vehicle finance?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) HDFC Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) Bandhan Bank
- Tata Motors said it has tied up with Bandhan Bank for retail finance for its range of passenger vehicles.
- As part of the tie-up, Bandhan Bank will provide loans to Tata Motors’ customers at an interest rate starting from as low as 7.5 per cent, the automaker said in a statement.
- The scheme will offer a maximum of 90 per cent financing on the total on-road cost of the vehicle, it added.
- Customers can also enjoy a benefit of special EMI options with a repayment tenor of up to seven years and the bank has also designed certain exclusive features like zero charges on foreclosure and part payment, Tata Motors said.
4. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a _______ loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU)?
A) $212 million
B) $312 million
C) $412 million
D) $512 million
E) $112 million
Answer: E) $112 million
- To unleash the growth potential of the state of Assam, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $112 million loan to strengthen skills education and training through the establishment of the Assam Skill University (ASU).
- The ADB assistance for a skill university will create pathways for skills progression and mobility and raise skills levels to enhance the productivity and competitiveness of Assam’s economy and industries.
- Though the state has abundant natural resources and a high proportion of young population, its economy remains dominated by low value-added, natural resource-based products and it is poorly integrated with global and regional value chains.
- Fewer growth prospects have propelled out-migration for jobs and education, exacerbating shortages of skills in Assam.
- The project will improve skills and employability of youth and adults, especially women and disadvantaged groups as well as their prospect of getting higher-paying, decent jobs, according to ADB senior education specialist for South Asia Asako Maruyama.
- The project will develop the capacity of the ASU faculty to support and manage entrepreneurship, applied research and development (R&D), and technology transfer and promote professional development of trainers and faculty members of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions.
- The project will further enhance collaboration between the ASU and TVET and higher education institutions in neighbouring countries to establish programs for common strategic industries.
- An additional $1 million grant from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction will support the introduction of technologies for smart campus management and integrated teaching, learning and career development management.
5. RBI comes out with PCA framework for NBFCs, new norms kick in from ____?
A) Sep, 2022
B) Aug, 2022
C) June, 2022
D) Dec, 2022
E) Oct, 2022
Answer: E) Oct, 2022
- Seeking to tighten regulatory norms, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- The framework would enable the central bank to take necessary steps in case an NBFC is under stress, breaches set norms for non-performing assets (NPAs) or fails to meet asset quality standards.
- The PCA Framework for NBFCs would come into effect from October 1, 2022 based on the financial position of NBFCs on or after March 31, 2022.
- With several NBFCs defaulting on their repayment commitments, RBI has acted against them superseding their Boards and appointing administrators.
- Underscoring the need for PCA framework for NBFCs, the RBI said that it is intended to act as a tool for effective market discipline.
6. FSS, which bank launch hyperlocal banking services to boost financial inclusion?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) Punjab National Bank
D) CSB Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: D) CSB Bank
- FSS and CSB Bank have partnered to deliver hyperlocal banking services to financially underserved segments.
- “Under the aegis of this partnership, CSB Bank and FSS plan to open 1,000 Smart Cash franchisees in semi-urban and rural areas across India to expand financial services adoption among underserved segments,” they said in a statement
- Modelled on a Branch-in-a-Box service concept, Smart Cash franchisees, equipped with a kiosk or micro-ATM device, would offer affordable banking, investment, credit, and insurance products to target segments, the statement further said.
- The Smart Cash franchisees would also offer products of CSB Bank as well as third party partner products – utility payments and domestic money transfers, and will also extend interoperable banking services to customers of any bank.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs December 15
7. Vice President Naidu releases memoir ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master at Work’ is authored by whom?
A) Michael Wolff
B) Valerie Biden Owens
C) Kavitha Rao
D) Rahul Rawail
E) Subhadra Sen Gupta
Answer: D) Rahul Rawail
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu today said the purpose of good cinema is not just entertainment and urged filmmakers to make films that infuse a sense of ethics, morality, patriotism and humanity among the youth.
- Addressing a gathering after releasing the book ‘Raj Kapoor: The Master at Work’ authored by well-known film director, Rahul Rawail in New Delhi, the Vice President emphasized that cinema should be a vehicle with a higher purpose and motivate our youth to fight social evils such as casteism, corruption, gender discrimination and criminality.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 15
8. Cabinet has approved the Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters between India and which country?
Answer: A) Poland
- Cabinet has approved the Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters between India and Poland.
- The Treaty will enhance capability and effectiveness of both countries in investigation and prosecution of crimes, including crimes related to terrorism through mutual legal assistance.
- It aims to enhance effectiveness of both the countries in investigation and prosecution of crime, through cooperation and mutual legal assistance in criminal matters.
- In the context of transnational crime and its linkages to terrorism, the proposed Treaty will provide a broad legal framework for bilateral cooperation with Poland in investigation and prosecution of crime as well as in tracing, restraining, and confiscation of proceeds and instruments of crime.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 15
9. Cabinet approves ______ PLI scheme for semiconductor manufacturing?
A) Rs 70,000-cr
B) Rs 66,000-cr
C) Rs 72,000-cr
D) Rs 74,000-cr
E) Rs 76,000-cr
Answer: E) Rs 76,000-cr
- The Union Cabinet approved a production linked incentive (PLI) scheme for semiconductor and display board production in the country, I&B Minister Anurag Thakur said.
- The scheme envisages investment of Rs 76,000 crore in semiconductor production over the next 5-6 years, he said.
- Telecom and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said the decision will help design, fabrication, packing, and testing of the microchips and develop a complete ecosystem.
10. NTPC has awarded a standalone fuel-cell based green hydrogen microgrid project at Simhadri, in ____?
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Andhra Pradesh
- State-run power giant NTPC said it has awarded a standalone fuel-cell based green hydrogen microgrid project at Simhadri, in Andhra Pradesh.
- ”NTPC has awarded a project of standalone Fuel-Cell based Micro-grid with hydrogen production using electrolyser in NTPC Guest House at Simhadri (near Visakhapatnam),” a power ministry statement said.
- As per the statement, this will be India’s first green hydrogen-based energy storage project and one of the largest in the world.
- The ministry said that it would be a precursor to large-scale hydrogen energy storage projects and would be useful for studying and deploying multiple microgrids in various off grid and strategic locations of the country.
- The hydrogen would be produced using the advanced 240 kW Solid Oxide Electrolyser by taking input power from the nearby Floating Solar project.
- The hydrogen produced during sunshine hours would be stored at high pressure and would be electrified using a 50 kW Solid Oxide Fuel Cell.
- The system would work in standalone mode from 5 PM in the evening to 7 AM in the morning, it stated.
- This unique project configuration is designed in-house by NTPC.
- It is a unique project for India and would open doors for decarbonising the far-off regions of the country like Ladakh, J&K etc, hitherto dependent on diesel generators, it stated.
- The project is in-line with the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi for becoming carbon neutral by 2070 and making Ladakh a carbon neutral territory, it stated.
- NTPC’s present installed capacity is 67,907.5 MW (including 13,425 MW through JVs/Subsidiaries) comprising 47 NTPC stations and 26 joint venture stations.
11. Which Ministry and Financial Intelligence Unit-India sign MoU for data exchange between the two organisations?
A) Women & Child Development Ministry
B) AYUSH Ministry
C) Corporate Affairs Ministry
D) Civil Aviation Ministry
E) Defence Ministry
Answer: C) Corporate Affairs Ministry
- A formal Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Financial Intelligence Unit-India, Ministry of Finance for data exchange between the two organizations.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Manoj Pandey, Joint Secretary, MCA and Shri Manoj Kaushik, Additional Director FIU-India in the presence of Secretary, MCA, and Director (FIU-India).
- The MoU is in line with the vision of MCA and FIU-INDIA to harness data capabilities to ensure effective enforcement.
- The data sharing arrangement gains significance in light of development of MCA21 Version 3 and FINNET 2.0 which will utilize state of the art technology for improving their regulatory and facilitating functions.
- MCA is in process of rollout of MCA21 Version 3 in phases.
- FIU-India is in the process of upgrading existing FINnet 1.0 to FINnet 2.0.
- FINnet 2.0 project is of national importance and assists FIU-IND by leveraging technology to collect, analyze and disseminate financial information for combating money laundering and related crimes with many improved and additional features to inculcate the latest technologies like AI/ML and advanced data analytics to streamline the IT processes with improved strategic data analysis capabilities and other aspects.
- The MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between MCA and FIU-INDIA on an automatic and regular basis.
- It will enable sharing of specific information such as information relating to suspicious transactions, KYC related details and consolidated financial statements of companies registered in the country.
- The MoU will ensure that both MCA and FIU-INDIA have seamless linkage for regulatory purposes. In addition to regular exchange of data, MCA and FIU-INDIA will also exchange with each other, on request, any information available in their respective databases, for the purpose of carrying out scrutiny, inspection, investigation and prosecution.
- Technology and data will play a critical role going forward in fulfilling the Government’s vision of minimum government, maximum governance and both MCA and FIU-INDIA are well placed to fulfill this vision.
- The MoU comes into force from the date it was signed and is an ongoing initiative of MCA and FIU-INDIA, both of which are already collaborating through various existing mechanisms.
- A Data Exchange Steering Group also has been constituted for the initiative, which will meet periodically to review the data exchange status and take steps to further improve the effectiveness of the data sharing mechanism.
- The MoU marks the beginning of a new era of cooperation and synergy between the two organisations.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors