Daily Current Affairs December 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 05
1. International Volunteer Day is observed on which date?
a) December 4
b) December 3
c) December 6
d) December 2
e) December 5
Answer: e) December 5
- Day is observed on December 5 to encourage the role of volunteers at national and international level for achieving sustainable development goals.
- This awareness also wants the government to spread the importance of volunteer services.
- Finally, on November 20,1997, the day came into effect.
- Theme – “Volunteer now for our common future”
World Soil Day is observed on December 5:
- World Soil Day is commemorated on December 5 annually and is aimed at spreading awareness about the importance of soil.
- The date of December 5 was chosen because it coincides with the birthday of Thailand’s King, HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who formally sanctioned the event.
- Theme: “Halt soil salinization, enhance soil production” is the theme for World Soil Day 2021.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 05
2. Manu Bhaker was crowned the Women’s 10m air pistol championships. She is related to which state?
e) Tamil Nadu
Answer: a) Haryana
- Haryana’s Manu Bhaker was crowned the women’s 10m air pistol champion for the second successive time, shooting 241.6 in the final of the ongoing 64th National Shooting Championship.
- Esha won the bronze in the event behind second placed Shri Nivetha of Tamil Nadu, to go with both the junior and youth women gold medals, but Bhaker could not be dislodged in the senior category.
3. Which country won the Asian Team Men’s Squash Championships?
Answer: b) Malaysia
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs December 05
4. Eileen Ash passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: c) Cricketer
- Eileen Ash, the world’s oldest former Test cricketer, passed away at the age of 110.
- The former right-arm seamer made her Test debut against Australia at Northampton in 1937.
- She represented England on seven occasions before retiring in 1949.
- Two years later her portrait was unveiled at the Home of Cricket, where she held a life-long honorary MCC Membership.
Veteran journalist Vinod Dua passes away:
- Vinod Dua, a Hindi broadcast journalism pioneer with stints in Doordarshan and NDTV.
- He lived an inimitable life, rising from the refugee colonies of Delhi to the peak of journalistic excellence for over 42 years, always, always speaking truth to power.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 05
5. According to the Air Quality Index (AQI) which topped the most polluted city ranking?
c) Ulan Bator
d) New Delhi
Answer: e) Lahore
Most Polluted City Ranking:
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 05
6. Who has been appointed as the secretary of the Department of Science and Technology (DST)?
a) Dr S Ramachandran
b) Dr S Chandrashekhar
c) Dr R Ravichandran
d) Dr M Prashant Kumar
e) Dr S Sudhip Raj
Answer: b) Dr S Chandrashekhar
- Dr S Chandrashekhar, director, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, has been appointed as the secretary of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), senior officers in the department confirmed.
- He will assume charge from M Ravichandran, secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences, who had the additional charge of the DST.
Over All Review