Daily Current Affairs December 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 06
1. India and Bangladesh jointly celebrate Maitri Diwas on which date to commemorate 50 years of the Bangladesh Liberation War?
A) December 2
B) December 3
C) December 6
D) December 5
E) December 1
Answer: C) December 6.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 06
2. Who became the first player to record 50 international wins in each format of the game?
A) Saurav Ganguly
B) Virat Kohli
C) Virender Sehwag
D) Rohit Sharma
E) Jasprit Bumrah
Answer: B) Virat Kohli.
3. Who won Saudi Arabian Grand Prix?
A) Sergio Pérez
B) Charles Leclerc
C) Max Verstappen
D) Valtteri Bottas
E) Lewis Hamilton
Answer: E) Lewis Hamilton.
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix:
|2||Max Verstappen||Netherlands||Red Bull|
4. Indian win over which country in Women’s Hockey Asian Champions Trophy?
Answer: D) Thailand.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs December 06
5. India’s first woman psychiatrist Sarada Menon passes away. He won Padma Bhushan award in which year?
Answer: E) 1992.
- India’s first woman psychiatrist and Founder of the Schizophrenia Research Foundation Sarada Menon passed away.
- The Mangaluru born Sarada Menon was the longest-serving head of the Institute of Mental Health here.
- She is the country’s first woman psychiatrist and the Central government honoured her with the Padma Bhushan award in 1992.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 06
6. Ashok Leyland inks pact with which bank for vehicle financing?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) HDFC Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: E) Bank of Baroda.
7. Which insurance company has launched a new plan called Activ Health Essential, an affordable health solution plan for the special health needs of senior citizens?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance.
C) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
E) Liberty General Insurance
Answer: C) Aditya Birla Health Insurance.
Key Features of Active Health Platinum Essential Plan includes:-
- Coverage of mental illness hospitalisation.
- An expert health coach is available to assist you through your health journey.
- A reward of up to 50% of the premium paid as Health Returns.
- An optional benefit of waiver of mandatory co-payment available (20% for all S.I. options).
- Cashless coverage for in-patient hospitalization in a wide network of 9000+
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 06
8. Who is the first Indian to be elected as president of the International Cooperative Alliance Asia-Pacific (ICA-AP)?
A) Chandra Pal Singh Yadav
B) Krishna Pal Singh Yadav
C) Moorthi Pal Singh Yadav
D) Guna Pal Singh Yadav
E) Varun Pal Singh Yadav
Answer: A) Chandra Pal Singh Yadav.
- It has 110 members from 32 countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Being the head of regional body ICA-AP, Yadav has also become an ex-officio vice-president of apex global body of cooperatives ICA.
- Earlier, Yadav had worked as vice-president at ICA-AP.
9. Sanjiv Mehta is appointed as President of which Organisation?
Answer: B) FICCI.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) announced that Sanjiv Mehta, the Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) will be appointed as its President on December 18.
- Mehta, presently the Senior Vice President of FICCI, will be succeeding media industry veteran Uday Shankar.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs December 06
10. Tata Power, which IIT ink MoU to collaborate on R&D, training, tech solutions?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Mumbai
E) IIT Bombay
Answer: B) IIT Madras.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 06
11. The first 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue began between which country and Indian ministers at the Sushma Swaraj Bhawan?
Answer: C) Russia.
India, Russia ink four defence pacts; resolve to expand military ties:
- India and Russia inked an agreement for joint production of over six lakh AK-203 assault rifles at a manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh’s Amethi besides firming up another pact on military cooperation for 10 years.
- The rifles will be manufactured for the Indian armed forces at a cost of around Rs. 5000 crore.
- The agreements were signed at the 20th meeting of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-M&MTC).
12. The 11th edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India and which country will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island?
Answer: C) Maldives.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 06
13. Pushpa Bhatt launches GRSE made Large Survey Vessel ____?
Answer: E) ‘Sandhayak’.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd. (GRSE) achieved another milestone with the launch of the first Survey Vessel, in the series of four ships under the Survey Vessel (Large) project for the Indian Navy.
- Upholding the maritime traditions, the ship was named “Sandhayak” and launched by Pushpa Bhatt, wife of Ajay Bhatt, MoS, Ministry of Defence, who graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
14. Who launches SRESHTA scheme for socio economic upliftment of SC students?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Virendra Kumar
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: B) Virendra Kumar.
- The scheme will enable bright SC students to have a better future by getting high-quality education.
- It will also aid in controlling dropout rates of SC students from class 9th to 12th.
- In the next five year the Ministry will extend support to around 25 thousand meritorious SC students involving 300 crore rupees for providing them quality residential education.
- The Ministry also transferred Post Matric Scholarship to more than four lakh SC and ST students through Direct Benefit Transfer amounting to over 245 crore rupees.
- 50 percent of these beneficiaries are women.
15. Who addresses 5th Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Virendra Kumar
C) Arjun Munda
D) S Jaishankar
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: D) S Jaishankar.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar has stressed on the importance of respecting and facilitating freedom of navigation and overflight and unimpeded commerce in a globalised world.
- He said this while addressing the fifth Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi.
- One is the American withdrawal from Afghanistan and the second is the impact of Covid on a region that is particularly vulnerable to health and economic stresses.
- He pointed out that Quad has developed a robust agenda covering many areas including maritime security, cyber security, climate action, vaccine collaboration, critical and emerging technologies, higher education, and resilient supply chains.
16. MoHUA and which organisation sign MoU for Strengthening Waste Management Sector in India under Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0?
Answer: E) UNDP.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology