Daily Current Affairs December 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 01 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 01
1. The Border Security Force (BSF) observed its 57th Raising Day on which date?
A) December 2
B) December 3
C) December 4
D) December 5
E) December 1
Answer: E) December 1
- The Border Security Force (BSF) 1 December observed its 57th Raising Day. The BSF was established as a unified Central agency on 1 December, 1965, after the wars with Pakistan and China in 1965 and 1962.
- Termed as the country’s first line of defence, the aim behind the formation of BSF was to ensure the security of the country’s borders.
Nagaland Statehood Day:
- Nagaland, a border state in the northeast, is a diverse region and is home to many tribes.
- It became a state on December 1, 1963.
- Nagaland celebrated its 59th Statehood Day with Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio extending his greetings to the people of the State
World AIDS Day:
- Every year, on 1 December, the world commemorates World AIDS Day.
- People around the world unite to show support for people living with and affected by HIV and to remember those who lost their lives to AIDS end by 2030.
December 1 – World AIDS Day.
December 1 – Nagaland celebrates 59th Statehood Day.
December 1 – The Border Security Force (BSF) observed its 57th Raising Day.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 01
2. The sixth edition of the World Athletics Relays in which year will be held in Guangzhou, China?
Answer: A) 2023
- The sixth edition of the World Athletics Relays 2023 will be held in Guangzhou, China from May 13 to 14, the international governing body announced here.
- It will be the second time that the World Relays will be hosted in Asia and the first time in China.
- The event was previously held in The Bahamas, Japan and Poland.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 01
3. Tel Aviv is the world’s most expensive city to live in, according to a ranking compiled by ___?
Answer: E) EIU
|3||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 01
4. Which Bank signs MoU with Usha International for empowering women entrepreneurs?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) Indian Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) State Bank of India
- The financial assistance will be provided under the Joint Liability Group model, SBI said in a statement.
- As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between SBI and UIL, branches of the bank in Uttarakhand, Delhi, Western UP, and NCR Haryana will be financing women entrepreneurs to Usha Silai School to purchase sewing machines for enhancement and upgradation of technical sewing skills or to purchase thread of clothes, etc. related to above for running their livelihood, it said.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 01
5. Sanjeev Kaushal is appointed as chief secretary of which state?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Haryana
- Haryana government appointed senior IAS officer Sanjeev Kaushal as the state’s new chief secretary.
- Kaushal replaces Vijai Vardhan, who retired on September 30, a government order said.
- He will be the 35th chief secretary of Haryana since it was carved out as a separate state in 1966.
6. Barbados has become the world’s newest republic. Who is appointed as first-ever President of Barbados?
A) Drone Sandra Mason
B) Michel Sandra Mason
C) John Sandra Mason
D) Dame Sandra Mason
E) Varun Sandra Mason
Answer: D) Dame Sandra Mason
- Barbados has become the world’s newest republic — cutting its last remaining colonial bonds after nearly 400 years.
- The Caribbean island nation has removed Queen Elizabeth II as head of state and instated Dame Sandra Mason, as its first-ever President.
- Marking the historic transition the Royal Standard flag representing the queen was lowered during the ceremony on Monday evening and the new Presidential Standard raised in its place.
7. Govt Forms Panel to Revisit Criteria For Determining Economically Weaker Sections. How many members in this committee?
Answer: D) 3
- The government has constituted a committee to revisit the criteria for determining the economically weaker sections to provide them reservation.
- In an official memorandum issued, the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry said the government constituted the committee in accordance with the commitment given to the Supreme Court to revisit the criteria for determining the economically weaker sections (EWS) in terms of the provisions of the explanation to Article 15 of the Constitution.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 01
8. Which country navy test-fires hypersonic missile capable of flying at nine times the speed of sound?
Answer: E) Russia
- Russia’s navy successfully test-fired a prospective hypersonic missile, the military said.
- The Defense Ministry said that the Admiral Gorshkov frigate in the White Sea launched the Zircon cruise missile, hitting a practice target 400 kilometers (215 nautical miles) away.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 01
9. Which company, IRCTC collaborate to launch rail ticketing service ‘redRail’?
Answer: C) redBus
- redBus has launched this rail ticket booking service in collaboration with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation) as their authorised partner.
- The Android app users of redBus will be able to make reservations for bus as well as rail travel now within the same app.
- In an official statement, redBus has stated that the service will be available on desktop, mobweb and iOS phones.
10. Who addresses India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021?
A) Sandhosh Kumar
B) P C Iyar
C) S P Kochar
D) K Rajaraman
E) Jitendra Singh
Answer: D) K Rajaraman
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have commenced India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021.
- It is a four days virtual event starting from 30 November to 3 December 2021.
- Several high-level speakers, panellists and experts from ITU, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), INTERPOL, National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) and other eminent organizations participated in the inaugural session.
11. Which state has introduced a ‘Back To Work’ scheme for women who have had to quit their jobs due to family reasons?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Rajasthan
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the scheme through which regular or work-from-home job opportunities will be provided to such women with the help of the private sector.
- A target to provide 15,000 jobs in three years has been fixed.
- Priority will be given to widows, divorcees, and victims of violence, an official statement said.
- Those women who will not be able to do regular office jobs will be provided work-from-home job opportunities.
12. The gross GST revenue collected in November 2021 is _________?
A) 2 lakh 31 thousand 526 crore rupees
B) 1 lakh 41 thousand 526 crore rupees
C) 1 lakh 31 thousand 576 crore rupees
D) 1 lakh 31 thousand 626 crore rupees
E) 1 lakh 31 thousand 526 crore rupees
Answer: E) 1 lakh 31 thousand 526 crore rupees
- GST revenues for November this year have been the second highest ever since introduction of GST.
- The gross GST revenue collected in November this year is 1 lakh 31 thousand 526 crore rupees.
The revenues for November this year are 25 percent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance