Daily Current Affairs August 31
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 31. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 31 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
1. Singhraj Adana clinched a bronze medal in the P1 – Men’s ____ Air Pistol SH1 final here at Asaka Shooting Range in Tokyo Olympics?
Answer: E) 10m
- Indian shooter Singhraj Adana clinched a bronze medal in the P1 – Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 final here at Asaka Shooting Range.
- This is Indian’s shooting contingent second medal at the Tokyo Paralympics after the 19-year-old Avani Lekhara became the first woman from the country to win a gold medal.
- China’s Chao Yang created a Paralympic record with 237.9 points to win gold while another Chinese Xing Huang grabbed silver with 237.5 points.
Mariyappan Thangavelu wins silver in men’s High Jump (T63), Sharad Kumar bags bronze:
- Mariyappan Thangavelu clinched silver after leaping the mark of 1.86m.
- This is his second medal at the Games, having already won a gold in Rio 2016.
2. Fast bowling legend Dale Steyn announced his retirement from all forms of the cricket. He was related to which country?
B) South Africa
Answer: B) South Africa
- South Africa’s fast bowling legend Dale Steyn announced his retirement from all forms of the cricket.
- The 38-year-old played 93 Test matches, picking 439 wickets at a stunning average of 22.95.
- He also played 125 ODIs, picking 196 wickets at 25.95, and 47 T20Is, in which he claimed 64 at 18.35.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs August 31
3. Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) has tied up with which Bank to offer a gamut of finance schemes to its customers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Karnataka Bank
D) Central Bank of India
E) Union Bank of India
Answer: B) IndusInd Bank
- Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) said it has tied up with IndusInd Bank to offer a gamut of finance schemes to its customers, addressing their varied financing and payment needs.
- The partnership will facilitate customers to avail custom-built financing solutions on purchase of Honda Amaze and Honda City such as low EMI, flexi term, up to 100 per cent ex-showroom funding and customised schemes for specific customer groups.
4. Which Bank partners with BharatPe to expand its merchant acquiring business?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Karnataka Bank
D) Central Bank of India
E) Union Bank of India
Answer: B) Axis Bank
- In a strategic move to expand its merchant acquiring business, Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank has partnered with BharatPe, India’s leading fintech company for merchants.
- As a part of this strategic alliance, Axis Bank will be the acquiring bank for BharatPe’s POS business (BharatSwipe) and will empower acceptance of credit and debit card payments for BharatPe’s merchants using BharatSwipe.
- This association will help BharatPe enhance merchant experience by leveraging the best-in-class technology platform offered by Axis Bank.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
5. Be Water, My Friend: The True Teachings of Bruce Lee is authored by whom?
A) Ashok Chakravarti
B) SK Joshi
C) Manan Bhatt
D) Shannon Lee
E) Dr Mukesh Batra
Answer: D) Shannon Lee
- Actor-martial artist Shannon Lee said she wrote a book on her father Bruce Lee with an aim to share the untold stories and philosophies of the screen icon and martial arts legend with the world.
- Shannon said the idea to pen Be Water, My Friend: The True Teachings of Bruce Lee stemmed from a podcast on her father that was started by the Bruce Lee Foundation, which she has been running for more than 20 years.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
6. Sanjay Arora takes charge as new DG of ___?
B) Sikh Regiment
Answer: E) ITBP
- Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) office Sanjay Arora took charge as Director-General of the elite mountain-trained Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP).
- The 1988-batch IPS officer, Arora, took charge as 31st chief of the ITBP from
S.S. Deswal, who retired after his three years service to the force as its Director-General.
- Deswal handed over the customary baton to Arora at the force headquarters.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
7. Which company is winner of PayAuth Challenge for developing an alternative solution for authorising UPI payments?
Answer: B) Tech5
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) announces Tech5, an international touchless biometric solutions management company as the winner of the Global level Hackathon – ‘PayAuth Challenge’ for creating an innovative alternative for authenticating UPI based transactions.
- The solution developed by Tech5 involves using biometric in a secured manner to authenticate the financial transactions on UPI.
- Tech5 has also been rewarded prize money of USD 20,000 along with a chance to develop a proof of concept (POC) with NPCI.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – Daily Current Affairs August 31
8. Which IIT , NDMA develop app that predicts natural disasters?
Answer: D) IIT-Roorkee
- In a joint venture with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), IIT Roorkee has built an app that can predict natural disasters.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
9. The navies of India and which country have carried out a maiden naval exercise off the Algerian coast?
Answer: B) Algeria
- The navies of India and Algeria have carried out a maiden naval exercise off the Algerian coast, in reflection of growing maritime cooperation between the two sides.
- Indian Navy’s stealth frigate INS Tabar and Algerian naval ship ANS Ezzadjer were part of the maritime partnership exercise that took place.
10. Karanvir Singh to represent India at Eastern Economic Forum in which country?
Answer: B) Russia
- Chairman of Visionum Group Karanvir Singh has been invited by the Roscongress to represent India’s entrepreneurial ecosystem at 6th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF), an annual event established by Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin.
- The EEF will take place on 2-4 September 2021 at Vladivostok in Russia, with a mission to support economic development and expand international cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region, with more than 3,000 participants representing 51 countries and territories.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 31
11. Amit Shah launches web portal for registrations of units for industrial development in which state/UT?
B) J & K
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: B) J & K
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the web portal for registration of units for industrial development in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh were also present at the inauguration of the web portal for registrations of units under the ‘New Central Sector Scheme 2021’ for Jammu and Kashmir via video conferencing.
Amit Shah launches nutritious ‘Laddu Distribution Scheme’ for pregnant women:
- The Prime Minister launched Poshan Abhiyan on 8th March 2018 from Jhunjhnu in Rajasthan to spread awareness about issues related to malnutrition.
- The work started by the Prime Minister against malnutrition has become a huge movement.
- He said that the campaign started by the Prime Minister for the nutrition of mothers and children will not stop.
12. Which Ministry has developed a yoga protocol that can integrate seamlessly with work routine and help professionals de-stress and refocus?
A) Women & Child Development Ministry
B) AYUSH Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) Civil Aviation Ministry
E) Defence Ministry
Answer: B) AYUSH Ministry
- The Ayush Ministry has developed a yoga protocol that can integrate seamlessly with work routine and help professionals de-stress and refocus.
- The five-minute protocol encompassing asanas, pranayama, and dhyana will be available through an app, which will be launched by Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- The yoga protocol can integrate with work routine seamlessly and effortlessly and help professionals refresh, de-stress and refocus.
13. Who forms high-level group to monitor evolving situation in Afghanistan?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Arjun Munda
D) Rameswar Teli
E) Piyush Goyal
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has established a high-level group comprising of External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, which is updating him on the Afghan situation and are taking required steps to focus on immediate priorities including evacuation of stranded Indians.
- As the United States completes its military mission in Afghanistan and the Taliban takes over complete control, India is closely monitoring the evolving situation.
14. The central government released Rs 13,385.70 crore as grant-in-aid to rural local bodies (RLBs) in how many states?
Answer: E) 25
- In line with the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission, the central government released Rs 13,385.70 crore as grant-in-aid to rural local bodies (RLBs) in 25 states.
- The funds would help the RLBs improve services in the areas of drinking water supply, rainwater harvesting and sanitation.
15. Which state govt partners with Marut drones to launch drone-based afforestation under ‘Hara Bahara’ campaign?
Answer: B) Telangana
- Telangana’s ITE&C Department and Forest Department have partnered with Marut Drones, a Hyderabad based drone technology startup, to launch a drone-based afforestation project named “HARA BAHARA”.
- This is India’s first kind of project, planting 50 lakh trees in 12,000 hectares of land in forests across all 33 districts in Telangana.
- The Seedcopter Drone by Marut Drones was unveiled along with the poster launch on “HARA BAHARA” campaign during the AgHub launch at Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agriculture University (PJTSAU) here in the presence of Telangana IT Minister KT Rama Rao.
16. Which state launched the Amrith Health Infrastructure Upgradation Programme at the Survarna Vidhana Soudha?
Answer: B) Karnataka
- Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister KS Eshwarappa launched the Amrith Health Infrastructure Upgradation Programme at the Survarna Vidhana Soudha.
- The main aim of the scheme is to provide better health facilities to the rural population.
- This scheme is part of the 14 Amrith programmes launched by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai to mark 75 years of India’s independence.
- The government has set up ‘Sahita’ counselling centres for women in distress in Bangaluru, Mysuru and Dharwad districts.
- This helpline will also help families who have lost a member to Covid-19.
- He also inaugurated a two-day workshop for chief executive officers of zilla panchayats on the occasion.