Daily Current Affairs August 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 24| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 24
1. India won first U18 Asian Boys’ Volleyball Championship medal after how many years?
A) 15 years
B) 12 years
C) 13 years
D) 14 years
E) 10 years
Answer: D) 14 years
- India tasted success for the first time in the last 14 years in U18 Asian Boys’ Volleyball Championships as they bagged a bronze.
- The championship, which was held in Isfahan in Iran.
- In a tough battle for the bronze medal, the Indian boys defeated South Korea 3-2 to ensure a podium finish.
- In the continental competition, they last took home a medal in 2008 when they defeated China 3-2 in the bronze medal game.
- Indian athletes have now won five medals overall at the U18 Asian Boys’ Volleyball Championships.
- They won the competition in Vishakhapatnam in 2003 and followed that up with silver and bronze medals in 2007 and 2005 respectively.
- India have now qualified for 2023 U19 Volleyball World Championships due to their incredible performance at Isfahan.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 24
2. RBI barredThodupuzha Urban Co-operative Bank from accepting deposits, giving loans it is located in which of the following state?
C) West Bengal
Answer: B) Kerala
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has barred Kerala-based Thodupuzha Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd from offering basic services like granting any loans and advances or making any investment or acceptance of fresh deposits.
- The RBI issued a direction in this regard on August 23, 2022.
- The direction is effective from the close of business on August 23, 2022.
- These directions shall remain in force for a period of six months.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 24
3. Sebi ordered attachment of bank, demat accounts of Beckon Industries to recover how many crores?
A) Rs 11.30 crores
B) Rs 11.40 crores
C) Rs 11.20 crores
D) Rs 11.50 crores
E) Rs 11.10 crores
Answer: A) Rs 11.30 crores
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) ordered the attachment of bank accounts and Demat accounts of Beckons Industries Ltd to recover investors’ money totallingover Rs 11 crore.
- The recovery proceedings have been initiated against Beckon Industries Ltd to recover Rs 11.30 crore, which includes all costs, interests, charges and expenses etc,.
4. India needs will invest how many times more in infrastructure development to achieve the target of 5 trillion dollar economy?
Answer: D) 5
- Union Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways General VK Singh has said that the country needs to invest 5 times more in infrastructure development to achieve the target of 5 trillion dollar economy.
- He was addressing a function organised in New Delhi on “Gati Shakti: Transforming India’s Infrastructure”.
- Gen Singh said, the Government is looking into creating common utility corridors to ensure speedy transportation, lower fuel costs & cost-effectiveness.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 24
5. How many percent stake indirectly owned by Adani group in NDTV?
Answer: B) 29.18%
- Adani group launched a hostile takeover bid of NDTV, with an open offer to acquire an additional 26 per cent or 1.67 crore equity shares for up to Rs 493 crore.
- Three Adani group firms – Vishvapradhan Commercial Pvt Ltd (VCPL) along with AMG Media Networks and Adani Enterprises Ltd – have come out with a public announcement for the offer under the Sebi norms.
- At a price of Rs 294 per share, the open offer will amount to Rs 492.81 crore.
- NDTV founder Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy together hold 32.26 per cent shareholding in the company.
- RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd (RRPR) is a promoter group company of NDTV with a 29.18 per cent stake in the broadcaster.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 24
6. Who among the following appointed as Director of Sales and Marketing at Skoda Auto?
A) Petr Soman
B) Peter Solc
C) Petr Solce
D) Peter Soman
E) Petr Solc
Answer: E) Petr Solc
- Company: Skoda Auto Volkswagen India
- Posting: Director of Sales and Marketing
- Appointed: Petr Solc
- Succeeded: Zac Hollis
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 24
7. Tata Motors signed PPA with Tata Power to develop how many Mwp onsite solar project?
A) 5 Mwp
B) 15 Mwp
C) 7.25 Mwp
D) 8.5 Mwp
E) 10.5 Mwp
Answer: C) 7.25 Mwp
- Tata Motors has signed a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Tata Power to develop a 7.25 Mwp onsite solar project at its commercial vehicle manufacturing facility here.
- The project will be a significant move to increase the renewable energy portfolio at its manufacturing facility.
- With this project, the onsite solar plant capacity of Tata Motors’ Jamshedpur facility will reach 14 MWp, which will generate 442 million units of green electricity having the potential to reduce carbon emission by 3.5 lakh tonnes.
- This is equivalent to planting 5.6 lakh trees.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs August 24
8. IAC Vikrant equipped with how many beds hospital?
Answer: A) 16
- By Sahil Pandey Vikrant, the indigenous aircraft carrier soon to be commissioned into the Indian Navy, consists of a mini hospital with 16 beds, two operation theatres and for the first time, a CT scan machine.
- These will be installed on the ship which will cater to every medical emergency on board.
- The medical officer posted on Vikrant, Lieutenant Commander Harsha MR.
9. DRDO and Indian Navy successfully flight-test VL-SRSAM in which of the following state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) West Bengal
Answer: D) Odisha
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Navy successfully flight tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface-to-Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipuroff the coast of Odisha.
- The flight test was carried out from an Indian Naval Ship against a high-speed unmanned aerial target for demonstration of vertical launch capability.
- The missiles, equipped with indigenous Radio Frequency (RF) seeker, intercepted the target with high accuracy.
- The VL-SRSAM system has been indigenously designed and developed by DRDO.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 24
10. Which of the following state government inked scholarship pact with British High Commission?
C) West Bengal
Answer: B) Jharkhand
- The Jharkhand government signed a pact with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) of the British High Commission, New Delhi to award the Chevening Marang Gomke Jaipal Singh Munda Scholarship to five scholars belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and minority community in the state.
- The MoU was signed by Alex Ellis, British High Commissioner to India, in the presence of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, who had made this commitment while launching the Marang GomkeJaipal Singh Munda Scholarship last year.
- The scholarship will offer full financial support to pursue a one-year master’s in the UK.
- Along with the Marang GomkeJaipal Singh Munda Overseas Scholarship launched last year, it will expand the opportunities for the youth of Jharkhand to attain quality higher education from world-class universities in the UK.
11. Centre orders released of Rs 35.28 cr under PM Gramin Awas Yojana to which of the following state?
C) West Bengal
Answer: D) Punjab
- Union Minister of State for Panchayati Raj Kapil Moreshwar Patil ordered the release of pending amount of Rs 35.28 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural) to Punjab.
- The directions came after Punjab Rural Development Minister Kuldeep Singh Dhaliwal brought to the knowledge of Patil the pending funds under the scheme.
- Funds of many centrally-sponsored schemes related to the rural development have been withheld by the Union Panchayati Raj Ministry, Dhaliwal said.
- Patil ordered the release of Rs 35.28 crore for building 10,654 new houses and completing 7,293 under-construction houses in Punjab.
- The Union Minister was here to attend an inaugural function of a two-day national workshop on ‘Localisation of Sustainable Development Goals (LSDGs) in Panchayats.
- The state government’s share under the ‘Awas Yojana’ will be Rs 25.52 crore.
12. Hitachi Energy launches new manufacturing facility in which of the following state?
C) West Bengal
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Hitachi Energy inaugurated a new and larger facility of power quality products manufacturing in Doddaballapura, near Bengaluru.
- This new manufacturing unit for power quality solutions reinforces our commitment to facilitate India’s energy transition to net-zero.
13. Which IIT developed new method to produce sugar substitute ‘Xylitol’ from sugarcane waste?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Indore
D) IIT Guwahati
E) IIT Kanpur
Answer: D) IIT Guwahati
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati have developed an ultrasound-assisted fermentation method to produce a safe sugar substitute called ”Xylitol” from bagasse, the residue left after the crushing of sugarcane.
- According to officials, the new method overcomes operational limitations of chemical methods of synthesis and time delays associated with conventional fermentation.
- The research has been published in Bioresource Technology and Ultrasonics Sonochemistry journals.
14. In which of the following state Meesho digitised 30,000 small businesses?
C) West Bengal
Answer: C) West Bengal
- Softbank-backed e-commerce firm Meesho announced that it has digitised more than 30,000 small businesses from West Bengal on the platform.
- The company also said in a statement that it has roped in Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president and former national team skipper Sourav Ganguly for its marketing campaign during the upcoming festive season.
15. Which edition of International Conference and Exhibition inauguratedby Minister of Steel JyotiradityaScindia?
Answer: E) 13th
- Minister of Steel JyotiradityaScindia will inaugurate the 13th edition of International Conference and Exhibition by the Indian Institute of Metals at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The theme of this year’s conference is “Resource Efficiency and Circular Economy in Mineral and Metal Sectors.”
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy