Daily Current Affairs August 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 22| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports- Daily Current Affairs August 22
1. Praggnanandhaa defeated____ time World Champion Magnus Carlsen?
Answer: E) 5
- India’s RameshbabuPraggnanandhaa stunned five-time World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen at the FTX Crypto Cup and finished runners-up in the tournament in Miami.
- This was 17-year-old Praggnanandhaa’s third consecutive win in his career against the Norwegians.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 22
2. LIC Housing Finance hiked lending rates by how many basis points?
A) 30 bps
B) 10 bps
C) 50 bps
D) 20 bps
E) 40 bps
Answer: C) 50 bps
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd, a leading housing finance company in India, announced 50 basis points increase in lending rates following the Reserve Bank of India’s recent decision to hike policy repo rate.
- LIC Housing Prime Lending Rate (LHPLR) has been increased by 50 basis points or 0.50 per cent with effect from 22nd August 2022.
- LHPLR is the benchmark rate to which the interest rate on LIC Housing Finance Ltd’s loans is linked.
- The new interest rates on home loans will now start from 8 per cent.
- Previous home loans started from 7.50 per cent.
3. UPI services to remain free, announces finance ministry,when was UPI launched?
Answer: E) 11/04/2016
- The Government of India won’t levy any charges on UPI (Unified Payments Interface) services.
- After reports circulated online that there may be the possibility of UPI transactions carrying a service charge, the finance ministry.
4. DICGC will make payments to depositors of how many co-op banks in October?
Answer: B) 17
- The Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) will be making payments to the eligible depositors of 17 cooperative banks, including eight from Maharashtra, in October.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had imposed several restrictions, including on withdrawals, by depositors of these 17 banks in July in view of their deteriorating financial positions.
- DICGC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI, provides an insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh on bank deposits.
- Of the 17 cooperative banks, eight are in Maharashtra, four in Uttar Pradesh, two in Karnataka, and one each in New Delhi, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal.
- The cooperative banks from Maharashtra are: Sahebrao Deshmukh Co-operative Bank, SangliSahakari Bank, Raigad Sahakari Bank, Nashik Zilla GirnaSahakari Bank, Saibaba Janata Sahakari Bank, AnjangaonSurji Nagari Sahakari Bank, Jaiprakash Narayan Nagari Sahakari Bank, and The Karmala Urban Co-op Bank.
- As per the DICGC, the banks from Uttar Pradesh whose eligible depositors will be paid in October are: Lucknow Urban Co-op Bank, Urban Co-operative Bank (Sitapur), National Urban Co-op Bank (Bahraich), and United India Co-op Bank (Nagina).
- The banks in Karnataka are: Sri MallikarjunaPattanaSahakari Bank Niyamita (Maski) and Shri Sharada Mahila Co-operative Bank (Tumkur).
- Eligible depositors of Ramgarhia Co-operative Bank (New Delhi), Suri Friends Union Co-op Bank (Birbhum, Suri, West Bengal), and Durga Co-op Urban Bank (Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh) too will be paid by the DICGC in October.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 22
5. Dolo 650 maker Micro Labs rejected allegations of how many crores worth freebies to doctors?
A) Rs 2500 crores
B) Rs 1500 crores
C) Rs 2500 crores
D) Rs 1000 crores
E) Rs 2000 crores
Answer: D) Rs 1000 crores
- Drug firm Micro Labs has termed the allegations that it offered freebies worth Rs 1,000 crore to doctors to promote its anti-inflammatory drug Dolo 650 as baseless.
- The Supreme Court was told by an NGO that the Central Board of Direct Taxes has accused the Bengaluru-based drug firm of distributing Rs 1,000 crore freebies to doctors for prescribing its 650 mg tablets.
- The annual sales of Dolo 650 have been Rs 360 crores, about 8 per cent of the company sales.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 22
6. Knowledge Hutup Grad will acquire how many companies across categories?
Answer: A) 3
- Technology skilling provider KnowledgeHutupGrad, which is a part of edtech unicorn upGrad, is planning to acquire two to three companies in the next three months.
- It is looking for small companies such as UX skilling firm that is valued at Rs 5 crore.
- KnowledgeHut was acquired by upGrad in August last year.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 22
7. Which company re-appointment as Vijay Shekhar Sharma as MD and CEO?
B) Amazon Pay
Answer: C) Paytm
- Shareholders of One97 Communications, which operates under the Paytm brand, have approved the re-appointment of Vijay Shekhar Sharma as managing director and chief executive officer of the company.
8. Which country appointedAbdoulaye Maigaas interim PM?
Answer: E) Mali
- Mali has appointed as Abdoulaye Maigaan interim prime minister to act in place of leader ChoguelMaiga.
9. Revenue SecyTarun Bajaj got additional charge of ____ Secretary?
A) External Affairs
B) Corporate Affairs
C) Health and Family Welfare
D) Tribal Affairs
Answer: B) Corporate Affairs
- Revenue Secretary Tarun Bajaj has been allocated the additional charge of the post of Secretary at Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) under the Government of India from August 22.
- The development comes days after senior IAS officer Rajesh Verma, holding the post of Secretary in Ministry of Corporate Affairs, was appointed as Secretary to President DroupadiMurmu.
- Earlier, Bajaj had also got the additional charge of Economic Affairs Secretary till August 12.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 22
10. Indigenous hydrogen fuel cell bus developed by CSIR, KPIT launched in which of the following city?
Answer: D) Pune
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched an indigenously developed hydrogen fuel cell bus developed by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and private firm KPIT Limited in Pune.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 22
11. India and which of the following country joined hands to launch projects in Africa?
D) Saudi Arabia
Answer: A) UAE
- India and the United Arab Emirates, have joined hands to launch third country projects in Africa, where India has a decades-old presence and the UAE is expanding its footprint rapidly.
- A joint India-UAE healthcare delegation visited Tanzania, recipient of India’s biggest line of credit in Africa, to explore investment opportunities and meet senior government officials.
- The objective of the visit was to identify specific projects for collaboration with government and private healthcare providers in Tanzania.
12. Amid LAC standoff, India in advanced stage of talks with which of the following country for procurement of Predator MQ-9B drones?
Answer: C) USA
- India is in an advanced stage of negotiations with the US to procure 30 MQ-9B Predator armed drones at a cost of over USD 3 billion to crank up its overall surveillance apparatus along the Line of Actual Control (LAC)with China and in the Indian Ocean, people familiar with the development.
- The long-endurance-hunter-killer drones are being procured for the three services as they can carry out a variety of roles including maritime surveillance, anti-submarine warfare, over-the-horizon targeting and hitting stationary ground targets.
- The MQ-9B drone is a variant of MQ-9 “Reaper” that was reportedly used to fire a modified version of the Hellfire missile which eliminated al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in the heart of Kabul last month.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 22
13. Puducherry CM presentedhow many crores tax-free budget?
A) Rs 10669.16 crores
B) Rs 10696.16 crores
C) Rs 10669.61 crores
D) Rs 10966.61 crores
E) Rs 10696.61 crores
Answer: E) Rs 10696.61 crores
- Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy presented a Rs 10,696.61 crore tax-free budget for the fiscal 2022-’23 which contained announcements including free house site pattas for freedom fighters in the union territory and laptops free of cost for students of standards XI and XII in government and aided schools.
- Presenting the budget in the territorial Assembly, he said the administration had decided to provide free house pattas to 260 tyagis (freedom fighters) to mark the celebrations of the 75th anniversary of the country`s Independence, conceding their plea.
- The size of the budget for the fiscal 2022-23 was Rs 10,696.61 crore, the Chief Minister said, adding that the Union Territory`s own revenue receipts were estimated at Rs 6,557.23 crore while the Central assistance would be Rs 1,729.77 crore with an additional Rs 20 crore from the Central Road Fund and an allocation of Rs 500 crore under Centrally sponsored schemes (CSS).
- Also, the Central government had approved borrowings to the extent of Rs 1,889.61 crore to help bridge our fiscal deficit.
14. In which state/UT Union MoS for Textiles Darshana Jardosh inaugurated Silk Mark Expo?
B) New Delhi
Answer: B) New Delhi
- Union Minister of State for Textiles Darshana Jardosh inaugurated the Silk Mark Expo in New Delhi.
- The expo is being organised by the Silk Mark Organisation of India under Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles.
- MsJardosh said, during the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, the Textile Ministry has launched various schemes aiming at giving boost to the textile sector.
- Silk Mark is a quality assurance label launched by government to determine that the product is made up of pure natural silk.
- This mark will highlight qualifying standards, which will eventually build consumer confidence in both domestic and export markets.
- AIR Correspondent reports that the Silk Mark Expo which will run till 28th of this month, is aimed at protecting the interests of not only the silk consumers, but all the stakeholders of silk value chain.
- These include farmers, reelers, twister manufacturers and traders of pure silk.
- This time, 39 exhibitors from 12 states are participating in the expo.
15. Which edition ofCentral Zonal Council Meetingpresided over by Union Home Minister Amit Shah?
Answer: D) 23rd
- In Madhya Pradesh, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will lay the foundation stone for the Bhopal campus of the National Forensic Sciences University.
- Earlier, addressing a 23rd Central Zonal Council Meeting at Kushabhau Thakre International Convention Centre at Bhopal.
16. For how many research centres Haryana CM laid foundation stones?
Answer: B) 2
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar laid the foundation stone of the Regional Research Centre (Kharkhari) and Animal Science Centre (Bahal) in Bhiwani district as part of the government’s initiative to promote research.
17. Union Govt launchedRashtriya_____ Portal to bring together all awards under one platform?
Answer: A) Puruskar
- The Union Government has launched RashtriyaPuruskar Portal to bring together all the awards of the various Ministries, Departments and agencies of the government under one platform.
- This has been done to ensure transparency and public partnership.
- Individuals and organizations can visit RashtriyaPuruskar Portal WWW.AWARDSGOV.IN in for making their nominations or recommendations for various awards constituted by the government.
18. PM will dedicate Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre’ to the Nation at which of the following place?
Answer: E) Mohali
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Haryana and Punjab on 24th August, where he will inaugurate and dedicate two important health initiatives to the nation.
- Mr Modi will inaugurate Amrita Hospital at Faridabad in the morning.
- Then, he will dedicate Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre to the nation, at Mullanpur, Mohali.
- Amrita Hospital is a super-specialty hospital which will be equipped with two thousand 600 beds.
- The hospital, which is being constructed at an estimated cost of around six thousand crores rupees, will provide state-of-the-art health care facilities to the people of Faridabad and the entire NCR region.
- Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre is a tertiary care hospital of a 300–bed capacity and is equipped with modern facilities to treat all types of cancers using every available treatment modalities like Surgery, Radiotherapy and Medical Oncology – Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and Bone marrow transplant.
- The hospital has been built at a cost of over 660 crore rupees by Tata Memorial Centre, an aided institute under the Department of Atomic Energy.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology