Daily Current Affairs August 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 12| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs August 12
1. On which date International Youth Day was observed?
A) August 11
B) August 12
C) August 8
D) August 10
E) August 9
Answer: B) August 12
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Observed By||Theme|
|August 12||International Youth Day||2000||United Nations General Assembly||Intergenerational solidarity: Creating a world for all ages|
|August 12||World Elephant Day||2012|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 12
2. How many kg’s waslifted by Tamara Walcott to break powerlifting Guinness World Record?
A) 738.5 kg
B) 736.5 kg
C) 735.5 kg
D) 737.5 kg
E) 734.5 kg
Answer: D) 737.5 kg
- Tamara Walcott, a female powerlifter from Maryland in the United States broke according to sources in the investigating agency for the heaviest cumulative lift for bench/squat and press in competition (female) after lifting a total of 737.5 kg across three compound lifts – the squat, the bench press, and the deadlift.
- She was honoured at the 2022 World Raw Powerlifting Federation American Pro in Manassas, Virginia last month.
- GWR compared the weight she lifted with a female adult giraffe that weighs about 680.3 kg.
- The record-keeping agency said that Ms Walcott, mother of two, weighed 188.2 kg.
3. Which edition of Khelo India Women’s Hockey League U-16 will be held in New Delhi?
Answer: A) 1st
- 1st Khelo India Women’s Hockey League under-16 will be held at the Major Dhyanchand Stadium in New Delhi between 16th and 23rd of this month.
- According to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, a total of 16 teams from across the country are participating.
- A total of 56 matches will be played and over 300 players will compete in Phase 1 of the league.
- The Sports Authority of India has allocated a total of 53.72 lakh rupees for 3 phases of the competition, which includes Prize money of 15.5 lakh rupees.
- Phase 1 and 2 of the Khelo India Women’s Hockey League U-16 will be in a round-robin format.
- The final ranking of teams will be determined after the completion of first 2 phases.
- Phase 3 will consist of classification matches where each team will play a minimum of 3 matches.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 12
4. Over how many percent Indians owned cryptocurrency in 2021?
Answer: C) 7%
- Over seven per cent of Indians owned digital currency in the form of cryptocurrency in 2021, according to the United Nations trade and development body UNCTAD, which said the use of cryptocurrencies globally, including the developing countries, has increased exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The UN body released data on the share of the population in the top 20 economies that owned digital currencies in 2021.
- Ukraine topped the list with 12.7 pc of its population holding such currencies.
India found itself at the seventh spot.
- While these private digital currencies have rewarded some, and facilitated remittances, they are an unstable financial asset that can also bring social risks and costs, the UN agency.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 12
5. How many crores ADIA will invest in Aditya Birla Health Insurance?
A) Rs 657 crore
B) Rs 656 crore
C) Rs 654 crore
D) Rs 651 crore
E) Rs 665 crore
Answer: E) Rs 665 crore
- The boards of Aditya Birla Capital and Aditya Birla Health Insurance have approved a proposal of capital infusion to the tune of Rs 665 crore (9.99% stake) in the later from a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance is a 51:49 joint venture between Aditya Birla Capital Limited and Momentum Metropolitan Strategic Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of South African based Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited (MMH).
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 12
6. How many independent directors were reappointed by Centre in RBI?
Answer: B) 4
|Company/Country/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Tenure Period||Appointed By|
|RBI part-time, non-official directors||Satish Kashinath Marathe,||4 years||Central Government|
|Swaminathan Gurumurthy,||4 years|
|Revathy Iyer (Northern Local Board)||4 years|
|Sachin Chaturvedi (Eastern Local Board)||4 years|
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 12
7. Which of the following state government signed pact with ocean tech institute for protecting coastline?
Answer: D) Odisha
- The Odisha government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Institute of Ocean Technology for the protection of its coasts.
- The MoU was signed between Water Resources Department Engineer in Chief B K Mishra and Dr. G A Ramdass, Director, NIOT, Chennai.
- National Institute of Ocean Technology, under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, is a premier institute in the country specializing in the field of ocean engineering and coastline protection.
- The institute will provide technical guidance, design, and drawing of climate resilient coastal protection measures.
- The inhabitants of six coastal districts of the state such as Balasore, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri, and Ganjam will be benefitted, the secretary said adding that this will be a milestone in the Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) in the coastal areas of the state.
- Odisha has a vast coastline of about 480 km and the coastal areas are exposed to natural disasters.
8. In which of the following state India: Project “Clean and Green” will be Initiated by Egis?
Answer: A) Haryana
- Egis in India started “Project Clean and Green” which focused on adopting a Green Belt – cleaning it and turning it Green with Trees.
- Post completing the Cleanliness Drive in June, we have now organized a plantation drive at the “Egis Green belt” in NH 8 to celebrate the onset of monsoons.
- ‘Being Responsible’ is one of the core values of Egis.
- As a Responsible Company, the CSR Committee of Egis in India, initiated the #EgisClean&Green initiative in #Gurugran.
- As part of the initiative in phase II, volunteers of Egis along with the NGO partner, Hara Jeevan participated in the plantation drive.
- In the first phase of the #plantationdrive over 200 saplings were planted, aims to plant more than 1000 sapling
- Removing of weeds / unwanted shrubs / collecting dried leaves to make compost piles Mr. Sandeep Gulati, regional CEO, South Asia and MD, Egis India was
present on the occasion and led the plantation drive.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 12
9. IAF contingent leftto which of the following country to participate in military drills?
A) United Kingdom
Answer: C) Malaysia
- A contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Malaysia to participate in the first bilateral air exercise between the two countries.
- The IAF said it is participating in the ‘Udarashakti’ exercise with a fleet of Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft.
- The Indian contingent departed from one of its air bases directly for their destination, the Royal Malaysia Air Force (RMAF) base of Kuantan.
10. By which year India-UK trade expected to be doubled?
Answer: E) 2030
- Trade between India and the UK is expected to double by 2030 driven by the proposed free trade pact, investment in technology, diversification of global supply chains and ease of doing business.
- India’s trade in goods and services with the UK increased to USD 31.34 billion in 2022 from USD 19.51 billion in 2015.
- The second edition of the Britain Meets India Report 2022, launched by Grant Thornton Bharat in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), supported by the UK’s Department of International Trade, also revealed that 618 UK companies have been identified in India that together employ approximately 4.66 lakh people and have a combined turnover of Rs 3,634.9 billion.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 12
11. Which of the following state Dairy farmers will get Rs 4 per litre milk more till March 2023?
Answer: B) Kerala
- Dairy farmers would be paid an additional Rs 4 per litre of milk till March next year as part of a Rs 28 crore project for them as it was not possible to increase price of milk in the state presently, Kerala Minister for Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development J Chinchurani.
- The minister said that the additional amount was already being paid to them from July 1 onwards and would continue till March next year.
12. How many crores projects will be implemented by Centre in coastal states?
A) Rs 15000 crore
B) Rs 25000 crore
C) Rs 30000 crore
D) Rs 20000 crore
E) Rs 10000 crore
Answer: D) Rs 20000 crore
- Union Minister of State for fisheries L. Murugan has said that Centre will implement projects worth 20 thousand crore rupees in the coastal states of the country.
- Speaking to the media at Tuticorin, he said that the Union Government would implement schemes for the benefit of the fishermen and also empower the fisherwomen.
- He said that long-term schemes will be implemented for the development of the coastal areas.
13. Which of the following state School students set ‘world record’ by singing patriotic songs?
Answer: A) Rajasthan
- Around one crore school students across Rajasthan set a “world record” by singing patriotic songs under the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ campaign.
- Addressing students at the Sawai Mansingh stadium, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot congratulated the students for the achievement.
- Songs like ‘Vande Mataram’, ‘Sare Jahaan Se Acha’ and the national anthem were sung by the students for around 25 minutes to set the record.
14. Which of the following state governmentwill provide social security pension to 10 lakh more beneficiaries from Aug 15?
Answer: C) Telangana
- The Telangana government would provide social security pension of Rs 2,016 to 10 lakh new beneficiaries from August 15, state Industries Minister K T Rama Rao.
- Rama Rao, who held a virtual interaction with beneficiaries of government’s welfare schemes for women on the eve of ‘Raksha Bandhan’, said 14 lakh single women and widows and four lakh women beedi workers are among the beneficiaries of the social security pensions.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had recently said the number of beneficiaries would go up to 46 lakh with the addition of 10 lakh beneficiaries.
- Social security pension is provided to various sections of the society, including senior citizens, single women, and widows.
- The state government is implementing several schemes for women’s welfare as it believes that the society can make progress only when women progress.
- The TRS-headed government provides Rs 1,00,116 under ‘Kalyana Lakshmi’, ‘Shadi Mubarak’ schemes to poor girls at the time of their marriage.
- It also gives Rs 13,000 as financial aid to the mother who gives birth to a baby girl and Rs 12,000 when a boy is born so that she need not go for work after delivery.
- The TRS working president highlighted other welfare schemes schemes like ‘Amma Vodi’, ‘Arogya Lakshmi’, interest-free loans to selfhelp group women and ‘We Hub’ for women entrepreneurs.
- He urged the beneficiaries of women’s welfare schemes to tie Rakshi to the photos of CM KCR on the day of Rakshabandhan.
15. Who among the following minister will inaugurate National Conference of Rural Cooperative Banks?
A) Home Minister
B) External Affairs Minister
C) Defence Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: A) Home Minister
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate a one-day National Conference of Rural Cooperative Banks organized by the Ministry of Cooperation and the National Federation of State Cooperative Banks (NAFSCOB).
- Union Minister of State for Cooperation BL Verma will address the valedictory session of the conference.
- Secretary, Ministry of Cooperation Gyanesh Kumar, NAFSCOB Chairman Konduru Ravinder Rao and NAFSCOB Managing Director Bhima Subrahmanyam shall also be present.
- An official release said that the short-term cooperative credit structure in India comprises 34 State Cooperative Banks, 351 District Central Cooperative Banks and 96,575 PACS.
- The National Federation of State Cooperative Banks was established on May 19, 1964, with the broad objective to facilitate the operations of state and central cooperative banks and the development of a short-term cooperative credit structure.
- NAFSCOB provides a common forum to its members and their affiliates, shareholders and owners to project their achievements, focus their concerns and promote their interests.
- Amit Shah will also present Performance Awards to select State Cooperative Banks, District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) and PACS, and felicitate a few short-term cooperative credit institutions for 100 years of service.
16. Which of the following state forest department kicked off save tree mission by tying Rakhis?
Answer: E) Jharkhand
- Jharkhand forest department has initiated a unique campaign to save trees by tying Rakhis to them in around 1,000 forest villages across 24 districts of the state.
- The idea behind the campaign is to connect the villagers with environment emotionally and to protect the trees from illegal felling in their respective villages.
- Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (APCCF) Sanjiv Kumar kicked off the campaign from Arani village in Simdega district.
- In Lohardaga district, forest officials and villagers led by divisional forest officer (DFO) Arvind Kumar celebrated the festival of Raksha Bandhan by tying Rakhis to trees at Maoist hit Kisku block’s Pakhar, Chorgai and Bagru village.
17. In which of the following stateAdani Group will invest Rs 57,575 crore?
Answer: D) Odisha
- Adani Group will invest Rs 57,575 crore in two projects in Odisha.
- A Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik-headed authority has approved the Adani Group’s proposal to set up the projects – a 4 million tonne per annum capacity integrated alumina refinery and a 30 million tonne iron ore (value addition) project.
- Odisha holds over half of India’s bauxite and iron ore reserves.
- The alumina refinery, to be set up in the vicinity of potential bauxite reserves or operational mines, will produce smelter grade alumina, which will help India move towards import substitution.
- The iron ore beneficiation plant will be located in Deojhar in Keonjhar district, while the pellet plant is to be set up in Dhamra, in the adjoining Bhadrak district.
- The slurry pipeline will run along the utility corridor of the roads between Deojhar and Dhamra.
18. Highway construction slowed down to how many km perday during Apr-Jul?
A) 24.89 km
B) 23.68 km
C) 22.78 km
D) 21.56 km
E) 20.43 km
Answer: E) 20.43 km
- The pace of national highway construction in the country has slowed to 20.43 km a day during the first four month of the current financial year.
- While the pace of national highway (NH) construction in the country had touched a record 37 km per day in 2020-21, it had slowed to 28.64 km a day in 2021-22, due to COVID-19 pandemic-related disruptions and a longer-than-usual monsoon in some parts of the country.
- ”The ministry has constructed 2,493 km of National Highways up to July in 2022-23, as compared to 2,927 km constructed up to July 2021-22,” the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) said in its monthly summary for the Cabinet for July 2022.
- According to the ministry data, only 1,975 km of road projects were awarded between April-July in 2022, compared to 2,434 km of road projects awarded in the year-ago period.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL) are primarily responsible for the construction of national highways and expressways across the country.
- The official target of highway construction has been kept at 12,000 km for the current financial year.
- The ministry had constructed 10,237 km in 2019-20, 13,327 km in 2020-21 and 10,457 km in 2021-22.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy