Daily Current Affairs August 11
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 11. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 11| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 11
1. Which edition ofTata Steel Chess India tournament will be held in Kolkata?
Answer: C) 4th
- India’s top players including Koneru Humpy and D Harika, apart from the fast-rising R Vaishali, will be the star attractions in the women’s event being introduced in the 4th edition of Tata Steel Chess India tournament.
- The tournament will be held in Kolkata from November 29 to December 4.
- For the first time, the prize fund for both the men’s and women’s categories will be equal.
- Apart from the Indian stars, the other Women Grandmasters who have confirmed their participation are Anna Muzychuk and Mariya Muzychuk of Ukraine, Nana Dzagnidze from Georgia and Alina Kashlinskaya of Poland.
- Like the men’s event at the tournament, the women’s section would have the same format – rapid and blitz.
2. Bhavani Devi won gold in Commonwealth Fencing Championship, she belongs to which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Tamil Nadu
- India’s Bhavani Devi won the gold medal in the ongoing Commonwealth Fencing Championship here, defending the title she won last time.
- The 42nd ranked Indian fencer defeated second seeded Australian Veronika Vasileva 15-10 in the senior women’s sabre individual category final.
- Since becoming the first Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics, the Chennai-born Bhavani has had a steady rise in her sport.
- The year began with the World Cup in Istanbul where she finished 23rd after missing out a spot in the last 32.
- Thereafter Bhavani’s World Championship campaign in July at Cairo ended in the second round.
- The Commonwealth Fencing Championship is her 10th international tournament this year.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 11
3. How many percent Bank credit grows on July 29,2022?
Answer: A) 14.5%
- Bank credit grew 14.5 per cent year-on-year as on July 29, data released by the Reserve Bank of India.
- As of July 29, banks’ outstanding loans were at Rs 123.69 trillion, as against Rs 108.00 trillion during the same period last year.
- Besides, banks’ deposits were at Rs 169.72 trillion, up 9.1 per cent year-on-year from Rs 155.49 trillion.
- Figures are provisional and are incorporated in respect of such banks as have not been able to submit final figures.
4. RBI cancelled the licence of Rupee Co-operative Bank ltd, it is located in which of the following state?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- The Reserve Bank of India has cancelled the licence of Pune-based Rupee Co-operative Bank Ltd as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- However, the RBI said that in compliance to an order of the High Court of Bombay, its direction will become effective after six weeks.
- Consequently, the bank will cease to carry on banking business, with effect from September 22, 2022.
- As per the data submitted by the cooperative bank, more than 99 per cent of the depositors are entitled to receive full amount of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- As of May 18, 2022, DICGC has already paid Rs 700.44 crore of the total insured deposits.
- The Reserve Bank further said the Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Maharashtra has also been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank.
- The licence has been cancelled because the bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects and as such, it does not comply with certain provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
5. Bank of Baroda hiked MCLR rate by how many percent?
Answer: D) 0.20%
- Bank of Baroda will raise the marginal cost of fund-based lending rates (MCLR) by up to 0.20 percent across tenors from August 12.
- The bank has approved the revision in MCLR with effect from August 12, 2022.
- The benchmark one-year MCLR, which forms the basis for most consumer and personal loans, will be priced at 7.70 per cent, as against 7.65 per cent presently.
- Among other tenor loans, the one-month MCLR has been raised by 0.20 per cent to 7.40 per cent, while the three and six-month MCLR loans will be up by 0.10 per cent each at 7.45 per cent and 7.55 percent respectively.
- The overnight MCLR will be up by 0.05 percent at 6.85 percent.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 11
6. How many percent of India’s GDP is contributed to global growth?
Answer: A) 22%
- India is likely to be the fastest-growing Asian economy in 2022-23, according to analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- They expect India’s gross domestic product growth to average 7 per cent during this period — the strongest among the largest economies — and contributing 28 per cent and 22 per cent to Asian and global growth, respectively.
- The Indian economy, they said, is set for its best run in over a decade as pent-up demand is unleashed.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 11
7. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit became ___ chief justice of India?
Answer: C) 49th
- Justice Uday Umesh Lalit, who was appointed as the 49th Chief Justice of India (CJI) after President Droupadi Murmu signed his warrant of appointment, will become the second head of the Indian judiciary to be directly elevated to the Supreme Court bench from the Bar.
- Justice S M Sikri, who became the 13th CJI in January 1971, was the first lawyer to be elevated directly to the top court bench in March 1964.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 11
8. ISRO successfully tested Gaganyaan Low Altitude Escape Motor in which of the following state?
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Andhra Pradesh
- In another important milestone in the Gaganyaan project, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully carried out the test-firing of the Low Altitude Escape Motor (LEM) of Crew Escape System, from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- The LEM is a distinctive special purpose solid rocket motor with four reverse flow nozzles and generates a maximum sea level thrust of 842 kN (nominal) with a burn time of 5.98 seconds (nominal).
- The nozzle end of LEM is mounted at the fore end of the launch vehicle unlike at the aft end in conventional rocket motors to avoid exhaust plume impingement on the crew module.
- This necessitates the use of a reverse flow multiple nozzle in this solid rocket motor.
- The reverse flow nozzle implies the reversal of the exhaust gas flow direction in the nozzle region.
- The space research organisation also listed the main objectives of the static test which included evaluation of motor ballistic parameters, validation of motor subsystem performance and to confirm the design margins, evaluation the thermal performance of nozzle liners; especially to confirm the erosion / ablative characteristics.
- Validation of integrity of all interfaces, evaluation the head-end mounted safe arm (HMSA) based ignition system performance and evaluation of the side thrust due to misalignment and variation in flow and other functional parameters including flow reversal were mong the other primary reasons listed.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 11
9. In which of the following state SJVN will set up 10,000 MW clean energy projects?
A) Madya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Rajasthan
- SJVN Ltd said the Rajasthan government has approved signing an MoU with the company for developing 10,000 MW renewable energy projects in the state entailing an investment of Rs 50,000 crore.
- These projects/parks will usher in socio-economic development in the state and will open up multiple direct and indirect employment opportunities.
- Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN said the company will establish the renewable energy projects on the land banks to be allocated by Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd.
- An investment of Rs 50,000 crore is estimated for developing these projects in the next five to seven years.
- With this latest addition, the portfolio of the company has tremendously grown from 32,000 MW to 42,000 MW.
- We are partnering in meeting the twin challenge of ‘Power to All’ and 50 percent energy from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030 as envisaged by the government.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 11
10. How many satellites were launched by China?
Answer: D) 16
- China launched 16 new satellites into space from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in the country’s Shanxi province, according to local media.
- These satellites include — Jilin 1 Gaofen 03D09 satellite and Yunyao 1 04-08 and were launched by a Long March 6 carrier rocket at 12:50 pm (local time) and entered the planned orbit successfully.
11. Which edition of India-Bangladesh Tri-services Staff Talks held?
Answer: A) 2nd
- The 2nd India-Bangladesh Tri-services Staff Talks (TSST) were held in New Delhi on August 10, 2022.
- The meeting was co-chaired from the Indian side by Deputy Assistant Chief of Integrated Staff, IDC(A), HQ Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) Brigadier Vivek Narang and Director General Operation and Plan Directorate Armed Force Division from the Bangladesh side Brigadier General Husain Muhammad Rahaman.
- The meeting was conducted in a friendly, warm and cordial atmosphere.
- The discussions focused on the ongoing and new initiatives taken under the ambit of existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanism of all three services and further strengthening the bilateral defence engagements.
- The TSST is a forum established to boost defence cooperation between both the nations through regular talks at the strategic and operational levels between HQ IDS and Bangladesh Armed Forces Division.
12. Which of the following country President proposed commission for global truce, led by 3 leaders including PM Modi?
Answer: C) Mexico
- The Mexican President proposed that the top commission should include Pope Francis, the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, and Indian PM Narendra Modi.
- The aim of the commission would be to present a proposal to stop the wars around the world and reach an agreement to seek a truce for at least five years.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 11
13. Till which year Centre approved continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban?
Answer: E) 2024
- The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) for the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (-U) up to December 31, 2024.
- As per the proposal, financial assistance is to be provided for the completion of already sanctioned 122.69 lakh houses till March 31, 2022.
- PMAY-U, Housing for All is one of the major flagship programmes being implemented by the Government of India to provide all-weather pucca houses to all eligible beneficiaries in the urban areas of the country through States/UTs/Central Nodal Agencies.
- The scheme covers the entire urban area of the country, i.e., all statutory towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently, including Notified Planning/ Development Areas.
- The scheme is being implemented through four verticals: Beneficiary Led Construction/ Enhancement (BLC), Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP), In-situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR) and Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
- During the period 2004-2014, 8.04 lakh houses were completed under Urban Housing Scheme.
- In 2017, the original projected demand was 100 lakh houses.
- Against this originally projected demand, 102 lakh houses have been grounded/under construction.
- The ministry cited that out of the total sanctioned 123 lakh houses, the proposals of 40 lakh houses were received late (during the last 2 years of the scheme) from the States/UTs which require another two years to complete.
- Therefore, based on the requests from the States/UTs, the Union Cabinet decided to extend the implementation period of PMAY-U till 31.12.2024.
14. Which of the following state approved 10 investment proposals worth Rs 74,620.18 crore?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Odisha
- The High-Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) headed by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik approved 10 industrial projects worth Rs 74,620.18 crore that would generate employment opportunities for over 24,047 people in the state.
- Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia, Metal & Metal Downstream, and Infrastructure are among the ten industrial projects approved by the HLCA committee of the Government of Odisha.
15. Which of the following state signed MoU with Flipkart?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh government has signed an MoU with e-commerce site Flipkart to bring state’s handicraft products on the platform.
- There are 40 crore customers on Flipkart and the aim of the state government is to give a vast market to handicraft products of the state through Flipkart.
- Along with handicrafts and handloom products, products made by Divyangjans of the country will also be available.
- On the initiative of the government, Flipkart is also training craftsmen for this.
- The government is providing facilities and loans to handicraftsmen and weavers and taking their products to the market of the country.
- The state government is also organizing camps to give subsidies on loans to weavers.
- The government is providing a subsidy of up to 20 per cent on loans and up to seven per cent on interest as per rules.
- With this initiative of the government, the weavers have been freed from the clutches of moneylenders.
16. Which of the following state announced ‘Drone Promotion and Usage Policy’ for govt departments?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Gujarat
- The Gujarat government unveiled a new policy for state departments and organisations to promote the use of drones for operations and delivery of services to beneficiaries and said it seeks to create 25,000 employment opportunities and attract investment.
- Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel unveiled the ”Drone Promotion and Usage Policy” at a function in the state capital Gandhinagar.
- The policy aims to create a ”vibrant drone ecosystem, including manufacturing and innovation, by promoting the use of drones for service delivery” and make various public services ”more effective, popular, efficient and faster with the use of advanced technology.
- It also aims to create 25,000 direct and indirect employment opportunities and attract investment for development, operation and maintenance of drone services ecosystem in the state.
- Valid for a period of five years, the policy will allow state government departments to play a catalyst role to encourage commercial use of drones (remotely controlled unmanned aerial vehicles).
- As per the policy, within six months, various state government departments, public sector undertakings (PSUs), boards and organisations will formulate schemes and programmes to promote use of drones in their respective domains.
- For its implementation, an empowered monitoring committee of eight senior secretaries will be formed under the chairmanship of Additional Chief Secretary, Home Department.
- The committee will meet periodically and monitor the initiatives taken by various departments and PSUs for drone promotion and usage
17. By which year India will start supplying petrol with 20 percent ethanol?
Answer: C) 2023
- India will start supplying petrol with 20 per cent ethanol at select petrol pumps from April 2023 and will ramp up supplies thereafter as it looks to cut oil import dependence and address environmental issues.
- Oil Minister Hardeep Puri said a fifth of petrol will be made up of ethanol by 2025.
18. Country saved nearly how many crores following introduction of Ethanol blending process?
A) Rs 25000 crores
B) Rs 50000 crores
C) Rs 75000 crores
D) Rs 30000 crores
E) Rs 40000 crores
Answer: B) Rs 50000 crores
- Mr. Modi said Ethanol blending in petrol in the country increased to around 8 percent in the last 7 to 8 years.
- He said that the country saved at least 50 thousand crore rupees following the introduction of Ethanol blending process and the amount diverted to the farmers.
19. Titan Smart Labs launched in which of the following state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Telangana
- Tata Group firm Titan Company Limited announced the launch of ‘Titan Smart Labs’ here, a dedicated engineering centre to create innovative and diversified products to meet evolving consumer demands in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Titan Smart Labs was inaugurated by Telangana Information Technology (IT) Principal Secretary Jayesh Ranjan along with C K Venkataraman, Managing Director, Titan, Suparna Mitra, CEO – Watches & Wearables, Titan.
20. NBCC inked pact with MEA to redevelop housing complex in central Delhi at how many crores?
A) Rs 150 crores
B) Rs 140 crores
C) Rs 160 crores
D) Rs 180 crores
E) Rs 175 crores
Answer: E) Rs 175 crores
- State-owned NBCC Ltd has signed an agreement with the External Affairs Ministry to redevelop a housing complex in central Delhi for Rs 175 crore.
- The company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of External Affairs for the redevelopment of the MEA Housing Complex (Old) at Kasturba Gandhi Marg here.
- The tentative cost of the project is Rs 175 crore.
- NBCC has signed another MoU with Aligarh Smart City Ltd for providing ‘PMC (Project Management and Consultancy) services for the project ‘Development & Modernisation of Infrastructure at Naurangilal College, SH: Sports facilities’.
- The estimated cost is around Rs 50 crore.
- It has also signed MoU with the National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI) for ‘Demolition and construction of NCCE Hostel building at NCUI complex’.
- The tentative cost for this project is Rs 33 crore.
- In a separate filing, NBCC said it has secured the total business of Rs 83.12 crore in July 2022.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy