Daily Current Affairs August 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 10| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs August 10
1. In which year World Lion Day was 1st Observed?
Answer: A) 2013
|August 10||World Lion Day||2013|
|August 10||World Biofuel Day||2015|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 10
2. 44th Chess Olympiad, this is _____ time Chess Olympiad held in India?
Answer: D) 1st
- The 44th Chess Olympiad inaugurated by Prime minister Narendra Modi in Chennai on the 28th of July ended.
- This is 1st time India hosting Chess Olympiad in Mamallapuram.
- India competed in the tournament with three teams in the Men’s Section and three teams in the Women’s section.
- India ‘B’ team comprising D Gukesh, R Praggnanandhaa, Raunak Sadhwaniand and Adhiban won the bronze medal beating Germany.
- In women’s section, India ‘A’ team have won the bronze medal.
- The team comprising Vaishali and Koneru Humphy, Tania Sachdev and Bhakti Kulkari were headed for a gold medal on the final day but a defeat to USA by 1-3 dented their chances as they eventually finished third.
3. Serena Williams announced retirement from professional tennis,she belongs to which country?
A) United Kingdom
C) South Africa
Answer: B) USA
- American tennis legend Serena Williams, the winner of 23 Grand Slam titles, has announced that she will retire from professional tennis.
- Serena has now set her eyes on the US Open which starts on the 29th of this month.
- It would be her last tournament.
4. Priyanka Kewat clinched gold in International Wushu Tournament, she belongs to which of the following state?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Madhya Pradesh
- Priyanka Kewat from Madhya Pradesh has clinched a gold medal in U-18 48kg category at the International Wushu Tournament in Batumi, Georgia.
- Priyanka belongs to an economically-disadvantaged family of Madhila village of Sidhi district and her father works as a cashier at a local nursing home.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs August 10
5. What is the rank of Renukha Singh inICC Women’s T20I Rankings for bowlers?
Answer: C) 18th
|ICC Women’s T20I Rankings for bowlers|
|4||Shabnim Ismail||South Africa|
|6||Deepti Sharma||India||1 rank decreased|
|18||Renuka Singh||India||10 ranks improved|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 10
6. Who among the following partnered with Piramal Finance to offer loans?
B) Google Pay
E) Amazon Pay
Answer: A) Paytm
- Digital payments major Paytm’s parent One 97 Communications has tied up with Piramal Capital and Housing Finance to further expand its merchant loan business to India’s smaller cities and villages.
- Through the partnership, Paytm said merchant partners will be able to avail credit worth up to Rs 10 lakh, with terms ranging from 6 to 24 months.
- The company added that the partnership will be expanded soon to include personal loans.
- This partnership comes at a time when loan distribution continues to be one of the key revenue generators for Paytm.
7. What is the Fixed Deposit rate offered by Bajaj Finserv?
Answer: D) 7.75%
- It offers FD rates as high as 7.75% p.a.
- Investments can be made for as little as Rs. 15,000
- Highest CRISIL AAA/STABLE and (ICRA)AAA(Stable) ratings
- Flexible tenor options from 12 to 60 months
- Multiple payout options for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly income
- Up to 0.25% higher returns for senior citizens.
- A loan against deposit choice permits a loan of up to 75% of the deposit.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 10
8. How many percent growth recorded by Khadim India Ltd in Retail Sales in Q1 FY23?
Answer: B) 190%
- Khadim India Ltd., the second largest retail footwear brand, announced a positive quarterly performance for the quarter ended 30th June 2022.
- The company has started the new fiscal with a robust business performance providing an optimistic outlook for the entire year.
- Total Revenue clocked INR 1660.73 million; y-o-y growth of 88.23% on the back of retail sales growth of 190%.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 10
9. JSW Neo Energy will acquire 1,753 MW renewable energy capacity from Mytrah Energy for how many crores?
A) Rs 10305 crores
B) Rs 13500 crores
C) Rs 15300 crores
D) Rs 10350 crores
E) Rs 10530 crores
Answer: E) Rs 10530 crores
- JSW Energy its arm JSW Neo Energy will acquire 1,753 MW of renewable energy generation capacity from Mytrah Energy for Rs 10,530 crore.
- JSW Neo Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of JSW Energy, has agreed to acquire a portfolio of 1,753 MW of renewable energy generation capacity — comprising 17 SPVs and one Ancillary SPV — from Mytrah Energy (India) Private Limited.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 10
10. Nitish Kumar became chief minister of Bihar for the ___ time?
Answer: C) 8th
- Bihar CM: Nitish Kumar (8th time)
- Deputy CM: Tejashwi Prasad Yadav
Awards – Daily Current Affairs August 10
11. Kenan Thompson will be host for which edition of Emmy awards?
Answer: A) 74th
- Popular actor-comic Kenan Thompson will host the 74th edition of the Emmy Awards, the NBC and the Television Academy have announced jointly.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 10
12. Assam looks to generate how many MW solar power at investment of Rs 10,000 crore?
A) 3000 MW
B) 2500 MW
C) 2000 MW
D) 1000 MW
E) 500 MW
Answer: D) 1000 MW
- Assam is looking to augment its solar power generation capacity with Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL) inking an MOU with NLC India Limited for setting up a 1000 MW renewable power plant in the state.
- The MoU was signed by the Managing Director APDCL Rakesh Kumar and Director Planning and Projects of NLC India Limited K. Mohan Reddy in presence of Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and Union Minister for Coal, Mines Pralhad Joshi in Guwahati.
- Under the MoU, the 1000 MW solar power plant to be set up in Assam will be a joint venture project on 49:51 ratios between APDCL and NLCIL to support the increasing power requirement of the state.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 10
13. Amazon Pay extended Smart Store Program for how many local merchants across Bharat?
Answer: B) 18000
- Amazon Pay, announced onboarding of 18,000 merchants across Tier-II, III cities through its ‘Amazon Pay Smart Stores’ program.
- Amazon Pay Smart Store is an offline shopping experience which enables offline stores to be discovered by customers.
- It aims to digitally empower offline Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs), retailers and micro merchants and unlocks new growth opportunities for them.
- The Amazon Pay Smart Stores Program is expanding in multiple cities across India, including Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Telangana.
- In the past one year, the program has seen an 72% increase in sign-ups from SMBs dealing in mobiles, electronics, laptops, large appliances, clothing, shoes, grocery, and kitchen.
14. Who among the following minister launched onboarding of cooperatives on GeM portal?
A) Cooperation Minister
B) External Affairs Minister
C) Defence Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: A) Cooperation Minister
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister, Shri Amit Shah launched the onboarding of cooperatives on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) portal.
- The program organized by the Ministry of Cooperation, Government of India, the National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI) and GeMwas.
15. Which of the following state government launched first drone school of northeast?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Assam
- The northeast has got its first remote pilot training school in Guwahati, as part of the central government’s quest to make India a hub for drone technology.
- The Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (AMTRON) has joined hands with EduRade, a start-up incubated at IIT-Guwahati, and IIM-Calcutta Innovation Park for the project.
- The drone school was inaugurated by Assam’s Information Technology Minister Keshab Mahanta.
- The school will have trainers certified by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for conducting the pilot licence training program.
- The facility has been set up at Tech City here, with its flying ground at the Assam Forest School in Jalukbari.
- AMTRON has acquired two micro category (not over 2 kg)and two small category (2-25 kg) indigenous drones for the training purpose.
- The first DGCA-approved drone training school in India was inaugurated in Haryana last year.
16. In Which of the following state PM Modi will dedicate nation 2G ethanol plant?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation a second generation (2G) ethanol plant built at an estimated cost of Rs 900 crore in Haryana’s Panipat via video conferencing.
- The 2G ethanol plant has been built at an estimated cost of over Rs 900 crore by the Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and is located close to the Panipat Refinery.
- Based on indigenous technology, the project will utilise about two lakh tonnes of rice straw annually to generate around three crore litres of ethanol annually.
- The project will provide direct employment to people involved in the plant operation and indirect employment will be generated in the supply chain for rice straw cutting, handling, storage, etc.
- Through reduction in burning of rice straw, the project will contribute to a reduction of greenhouse gases equivalent to about 3 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions per annum, which can be understood as equivalent to replacing nearly 63,000 cars annually on the country’s roads.
- The dedication of the plant is part of a long series of steps taken by the government over the years to boost the production and usage of biofuels in the country.
17. How many lakh crore released by Centre as tax devolution to states?
A) Rs 1.19 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.38 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.45 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.76 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.66 lakh crore
Answer: E) Rs 1.66 lakh crore
- The central government released two instalments of tax devolution to states amounting to Rs 1,16,665.75 crore as against the normal monthly devolution of Rs.58,332.86 crore, the Ministry of Finance.
|Uttar Pradesh||Rs 20,928.62 crore|
|Bihar||Rs 11,734.22 crore|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rs 4,721.44 crore|
|Chhattisgarh||Rs 3,974.82 crore|
|Madhya Pradesh||Rs 9,158.24 crore|
|West Bengal||Rs 8,776.76 crore|
|Gujarat||Rs 4,057.64 crore|
|Haryana||Rs 1,275.14 crore|
|Maharashtra||Rs 7,369.76 crore|
|Rajasthan||Rs 7,030.28 crore|
|Tamil Nadu||Rs 4,758.78 crore|
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy