Daily Current Affairs August 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 09| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs August 09
1. On which dayInternational Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed?
A) August 05
B) August 06
C) August 07
D) August 08
E) August 09
Answer: E) August 09
|August 09||Nagasaki Day||1945||US Dropped 2nd Atom Bomb On Nagasaki|
|August 09||International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples||1995||The Role of Indigenous Women in the Preservation and Transmission of Traditional Knowledge||1993 International Year of the World’s Indigenous People|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 09
2. Prabath Jayasuriya was ICC Player of the Month July he belongs to which country?
B) South Africa
C) Sri Lanka
Answer: C) Sri Lanka
|January||Men – Keegan Petersen||South Africa|
|Women – Heather Knight||England|
|February||Men – Shreyas Iyer||India|
|Women – Amelia Kerr||New Zealand|
|March||Men – Babar Azam||Pakistan|
|Women – Rachael Haynes||Australia|
|April||Men – Keshav Maharaj||South Africa|
|Women – Alyssa Healy||Australia|
|May||Men – Angelo Mathews||Sri Lanka|
|Women – Tuba Hassan||Pakistan|
|June||Men – Jonny Bairstow||England|
|Women – Marizanne Kapp||South Africa|
|July||Men – Prabath Jayasuriya||Sri Lanka|
|Women – Emma Lamb||England|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 09
3. How many cooperative banks were penalised by RBI?
Answer: A) 8
- The RBI has imposed penalties on eight cooperative banks, including a fine of Rs 40 lakh on the Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank, Gujarat, for non-compliance with various norms.
- Penalty has been imposed on Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of the Reserve Bank of India (Co-operative Banks – Interest Rate on Deposits) Directions, 2016.
- A penalty of Rs 7 lakh has been imposed on Indapur Urban Cooperative Bank, Indapur (Maharashtra) for contravention of certain provisions related to exposure norms.
- Three banks — Warud Urban Co-operative Bank, Warud (Maharashtra), JilaSahakariKendriya Bank Maryadit, Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh) and the Yavatmal Urban Co-operative Bank, Yavatmal (Maharashtra) have been penalised for non-compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
- A penalty of Rs 25 lakh has been imposed on Chhattisgarh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit, Raipur (Chhattisgarh) for non-compliance with certain KYC provisions.
- Garha Co-operative Bank Limited, Guna (Madhya Pradesh) and the Goa State Co-operative Bank, Panaji are the two other banks on which penalty has been imposed.
- The RBI, however, added that the penalties are based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and are not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the banks with their customers.
4. Which of the following Bank Launched One-stop Cash Management Proposition to Automate Receivables?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) ICICI Bank
E) Canara Bank
Answer: B) Axis Bank
- Axis Bank becomes the first Indian bank to launch Axis Receivables Suite (ARS)-an innovative Cash Management proposition that simplifies Receivables reconciliation, accelerates cash flow, enhances the client experience and reduces the cost of doing business.
- ARS is an end-to-end proposition, along with a mobile app to automate the reconciliation of receivables against sales invoices raised by clients.
- Using ARS, Axis Bank clients can customize and automate fully what has traditionally been a very time-consuming, costly, manual, and error-prone activity.
- Clients also benefit from knowing their upcoming/pending payments which give them real-time control over all their receivables.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 09
5. Equity mutual funds was dropped how many percent in July?
Answer: D) 43%
- Equity mutual funds attracted Rs 8,898 crore in July, a 43 per cent decline compared to the preceding month as markets continued to remain volatile amid concerns over inflation and rate hike expectations.
- For the 17th straight month, equity mutual funds witnessed inflows in July.
- The net inflows in July were lower compared to Rs 15,495 crore seen in June, Rs 18,529 crore in May and Rs 15,890 crore in April, according to data released by Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi).
- Equity schemes have been witnessing net inflow since March 2021.
- These schemes had witnessed outflows for eight months from July 2020 to February 2021, losing Rs 46,791 crore.
- Weakening rupee and geopolitical tension which started in central Europe earlier this year and the latest sparks in the strait of Taiwan, are the other factors for the drop in equity inflows, Nitin Rao, Head Products & Proposition of Epsilon Money Mart.
6. In last how many years PSU general insurers booked Rs 26,364 cr loss for health portfolio?
Answer: A) 5
- All four public sector insurers incurred losses of Rs 26,364 crore in the health insurance portfolio for the last five years due to higher claims in group policies, a CAG report.
- The aggregate loss of the four PSU insurers — New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL), United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL), Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL) and National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) was Rs 26,364 crore during 2016-17 to 2020-21.
- The health insurance business is the second largest line of business of the PSU insurers (the first being motor insurance), having a gross direct premium of Rs 1,16,551 crore during the five years from 2016-17 to 2020-21.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 09
7. Who among the following appointed as Whole Time Director of Torrent Power?
A) Varun Mehta
B) Sushil Mehta
C) Varun Mehta
D) Sunil Mehta
E) Aman Mehta
Answer: C) Varun Mehta
- Company: Torrent Power
- Position: Director
- Appointed: Varun Mehta
- Tenure Period: 5 years
- Others: Varun Mehta is an Executive Director at Torrent Power. Aman Mehta director on the board of Torrent Pharma.
8. Nitish resigned as chief ministerof which of the following state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Bihar
- Nitish Kumar met Governor Phagu Chauhan and tendered his resignation as chief minister of the NDA government in Bihar.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 09
9. By which year Airtel will cover all towns with 5G services?
Answer: B) 2024
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel will start rolling out 5G services this month and cover all towns and key rural areas of the country by March 2024.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 09
10. Which IIM partnered with Acumen India to help startups in green growth?
A) IIM Lucknow
B) IIM Kozhikode
C) IIM Indore
D) IIM Bangalore
E) IIM Ahmedabad
Answer: D) IIM Bangalore
- NSRCEL, the innovation and entrepreneurship hub of IIM Bangalore, has partnered with Acumen India to scale startups enabling green growth.
- The company launched its first ”Green Growth Accelerator” in July, a four-month program, with NSRCEL serving as the knowledge partner.
- The program will provide entrepreneurs with the leadership and business skills needed to promote equitable economic growth in India through the application of dignified work, climate mitigation, and circular economy principle, while Acumen will be delivering core modules and NSRCEL will facilitate workshops, mentoring engagements, and support the delivery of the demo day.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 09
11. Which Edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise heldat Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh?
Answer: A) 13th
- The 13th Edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise “Ex Vajra Prahar 2022” commenced at the Special Forces Training School at Bakloh of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Vajra Prahar series of joint exercise aims to share best practices and experiences in areas such as joint mission planning and operational tactics as also to improve inter-operability between the Special Forces of both the Nations.
- This annual exercise is hosted alternatively between India and the United States.
- The 12th edition was conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mcchord, Washington (USA) in October last year.
- The Ministry of Defence in a statement said, this joint exercise is a significant step in strengthening the traditional bond of friendship between the special forces of both Nations as well as improve bilateral defence cooperation between India and the USA.
- During the exercise, teams of both armies would jointly train, plan and execute a series of Special Operations, Counter Terrorist Operations, Air Borne operations in simulated conventional and unconventional scenarios in mountainous terrain.
12. Which of the following country made first import order using the cryptocurrency?
B) Saudi Arabia
Answer: C) Iran
- Iran made its first official import order using cryptocurrency this week, the semi-official Tasnim agency reported, a move that could enable the Islamic Republic to circumvent U.S. sanctions that have crippled the economy.
- The order, worth $10 million, was a first step towards allowing the country to trade through digital assets that bypass the dollar-dominated global financial system and to trade with other countries similarly limited by U.S. sanctions, such as Russia.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 09
13. In which of the following state Agriculture Minister laid foundation stone of Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables?
B) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has said the Central and State Governments are working together all-around to upgrade Agriculture.
- Mr. Tomar was speaking after laying the foundation stone of the Indo-Israel Center of Excellence for Vegetables in Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh through video conferencing.
- He hoped the establishment of this center will play an important role in the development of the Chandauli district as well as the Purvanchal region.
- The Minister also expressed happiness that the Central Government schemes are being implemented in Uttar Pradesh and the State has made rapid strides in organic and natural farming.
14. How many crore candidates benefited from Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
A) 1.35 crore
B) 1.36 crore
C) 1.34 crore
D) 1.33 crore
E) 1.32 crore
Answer: B) 1.36 crore
- The government says one crore 36 lakh candidates have benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) since its inception till June this year.
- It said under the central component, the government released over 8,590 crore rupees, of which more than 7,877 crores were utilized.
- Minister of State for Skill Development Rajeev Chandrasekhar said NITI Aayog has evaluated that the training provided under the scheme is relevant to employers and they preferred candidates trained under PMKVY compared to untrained candidates.
- NITI Ayog said 94 percent of the employers surveyed reported that they would hire more candidates trained under the scheme, and nearly 71 percent of beneficiaries received placement in their desired skill sector.
15. How many years had been completed by One Nation One Ration Card?
Answer: A) 3
- Gorakhpur resident Premlata and Darbhanga resident Manzoor Alam were elated to receive their subsidised ration in the national capital under the PDS system.
- They are among the beneficiaries of the central government’s ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme through which eligibile people can avail the foodgrains from anywhere in the country.
- The scheme has now been implemented all over the country with Assam being the latest state to join the initiative in June 2022.
- The ONORC, which was launched as a pilot project on August 9, 2019 in four states, has completed three years.
16. By which year India’s first underwater metro in Kolkata will be completed?
Answer: C) 2023
- The East-West corridor project, which will be India’s first underwater metro service, is likely to be completed by June 2023, its executing agency Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC).
- The metro line, which will connect Salt Lake to Howrah via Kolkata with a stretch below the Hooghly River, is currently operational between Sector V and Sealdah stations.
17. How many km of border roads are under construction?
A) 6595 km
B) 6495 km
C) 6395 km
D) 6295 km
E) 6195 km
Answer: E) 6195 km
- A total of 6,195 km of border roads are currently under construction, Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt.
- Between 2017-18 and 2021-22, a total of 3,595 km of border roads were constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- The BRO constructs roads on the basis of strategic requirements of a region and priority fixed by the Indian Army.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy