Daily Current Affairs August 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 05| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 05
1. Murali Sreeshankar won silver medal in long jump in CWG 2022, which of the following city is the host for CWG 2022?
Answer: A) Birmingham
|Gold||Sudhir||Para powerlifting||Men’s heavyweight|
|Silver||Murali Sreeshankar||Athletics||Long Jump||1st ever medal in Men’s long jump|
2. Rupal became first Indian to win twin medals at World U-20 Athletics,she belongs to which of the following state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- Rupal Chaudhary created history by becoming the first Indian athlete to win two medals at the World U20 Athletics Championship as she followed up her 4x400m relay silver with a bronze medal in the women’s 400m.
- Hailing from a family with modest means, her father being a farmer in Shahpur Jainpur village in UP’s Meerut district, the 17-year-old has been in incredible form having run as many as four 400m races in just three days.
- Earlier this year, Rupal stunned pre-race favourite Priya Mohan of Karnataka to clinch the gold medal in the women’s 400m at the National U-20 Federation Cup Athletics Championships.
- Rupal is the second Indian to have won a medal in the women’s 400m after Hima Das clinched a historic gold in the 2018 edition of the championships in Finland with a time of 51.46s.
- Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra was the first Indian to win a gold in the championships in 2016 in Poland.
- Rupal’s bronze is India’s ninth medal overall from the championships, which was earlier known as World Junior Championships.
- In the last edition in Nairobi in 2021, India had won three medals — 2 silver, 1 bronze.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 05
3. What is the current Repo rate?
Answer: E) 5.40%
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility Rate||5.65%|
|Cash Reserve Ratio||4.50%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio||18.00%|
|Standing Deposit Facility Rate||5.15%|
- Short-term lending rate (repo) raised by 50 basis points (bps) to 5.4 percent; third consecutive hike.
- In all, 140 bps hike in repo since May 2022 to check inflation.
- GDP growth projection for 2022-23 retained at 7.2 percent.
- GDP growth projection: Q1 at 16.2 pc; Q2 at 6.2 pc; Q3 at 4.1 pc; and Q4 at 4 pc.
- Real GDP growth for Q1:2023-24 projected at 6.7 percent.
- Domestic economic activity exhibiting signs of broadening.
- Retail inflation projection too retained at 6.7 pc for 2022-23.
- Inflation projection: Q2 at 7.1 pc; Q3 at 6.4 pc; and Q4 at 5.8 pc; Q1:2023-24 at 5 pc.
- India witnessed large portfolio outflows of USD 13.3 billion in FY23 up to August 3.
- Financial sector well capitalized and sound.
- India’s foreign exchange reserves provide insurance against global spillovers.
- Monetary Policy Committee decides to remain focused on withdrawal of the accommodative stance to check inflation.
- Depreciation of rupee more on account of appreciation of US dollar rather than weakness in macroeconomic fundamentals of the Indian economy.
- RBI to remain watchful and focused on maintaining the stability of the rupee.
- The rupee depreciated by 4.7 pc against the US dollar this fiscal year till August 4.
- India’s foreign exchange reserves remain the fourth largest globally.
- Mechanism to be activated to allow NRIs to use Bharat Bill Payment System for payments of utility and education on behalf of their families in India.
- Next meeting of the rate-setting panel scheduled for September 28-30, 2022.
4. Which of the following bank conducted Customer Connect- CREDIT OUTREACH PROGRAMME at Taj Santacruz with Total Loan Sanctions of Rs 2800 Cr?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) Bank of Maharashtra
C) Bank of Baroda
D) Indian Bank
E) State Bank of India
Answer: B) Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Maharashtra, the fastest Growing Public Sector Bank, organised a Customer Connect – CREDIT OUTREACH PROGRAMME, July 30, 2022, as a part of a series of such events being organized by the Bank across the country.
- Bank of Maharashtra has achieved spectacular growth for the past 2 years in a row and has achieved the No.1 position in Growth Rate in major parameters across Public Sector Banks and has set the milestone of reaching Rs 5 Lakh Crore business by Dec 2023.
- Net Profit has jumped by 117.25 per cent to Rs 452 Crore with an Operating profit of 1202 Crore.
- Net Interest income increased by 19.90 per cent to Rs 1686 crore.
- On this occasion, Credit sanctions amounting to Rs 2800 Cr were handed to customers from all different branches of all the above four zones.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 05
5. Which of the following Insurance company Launched ‘Smart Secure Easy Solution’ that Aims at Extending Financial Protection to the Self-employed?
A) SBILife Insurance Company Ltd
B) HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd
C) Exide Life Insurance Company Ltd
D) Max Life Insurance Company Ltd
E) Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Ltd
Answer: D) Max Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Max Life Insurance Company Ltd. has launched Max Life Smart Secure Easy Solution, a comprehensive three-in-one protection solution offering benefits of life, critical illness & disability and accidental cover.
- Aimed primarily towards self-employed individuals, the solution is available for multiple customer cohorts including salaried and other professionals to comprehensively guard against life’s uncertainties.
- Aims at providing financial protection in case of any uncertainties in life with an accidental cover option and Max Life Critical Illness and Disability Health Rider which offers an added layer of financial protection in case of critical illnesses, total and permanent disability and provides extra coverage against death due to accident1.
- The plan caters primarily to self-employed individuals as it offers flexibility to this segment in terms of frictionless onboarding with easy issuance, including only video medical examination and relaxed financial documentation.
- With this solution, Max Life also offers coverage against 64 listed critical illnesses, including 5 minor and 59 major illnesses, and covers total and permanent disability.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 05
6. Adani Group acquired Macquarie Asia’s toll road portfolio in AP, Gujarat for how many crores?
A) Rs 3110 crores
B) Rs 3130 crores
C) Rs 3310 crores
D) Rs 3133 crores
E) Rs 3013 crores
Answer: A) Rs 3110 crores
- Adani Group will acquire Macquarie Asia Infrastructure Fund’s toll road portfolio in Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat for Rs 3,110 crore.
- The portfolio of 972 lane km has a long concession life with established traffic in strategically located and important traffic corridors in western and southern India.
7. Ministry of Culture released Comic book on stories of how many Tribal Freedom Fighters?
Answer: C) 20
- Ministry of Culture has released the third Comic book on stories of 20 Tribal Freedom Fighters on 2nd August at Tiranga Utsav celebration in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Culture as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKM) has released pictorial books on 75 freedom fighters in collaboration with Amar Chitra Katha (ACK) to create awareness among the youth and children about the supreme sacrifice and patriotism of our lesser known heroes of freedom struggle.
- The first ACK Comic book on India’s 20 Women Unsung Heroes and Second Comic book on stories of 15 Women elected to the Constituent Assembly has been released earlier.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs August 05
8. DRDO successfully test-fired indigenously developed laser-guided Anti-Tank Guided Missiles from Main Battle Tank Arjun in which of the following state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Maharashtra
- The indigenously developed Laser-Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missiles ATGM were successfully test-fired from Main Battle Tank MBT Arjun by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army at KK Ranges with support of Armoured Corps Centre and School Ahmednagar in Maharashtra.
- The missiles hit with precision and successfully destroyed the targets at two different ranges.
- Telemetry systems have recorded the satisfactory flight performance of the missiles.
- The all-indigenous Laser Guided ATGM employs a tandem High Explosive Anti-Tank HEAT warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour ERA protected armoured vehicles.
- The ATGM has been developed with multi-platform launch capability and is currently undergoing technical evaluation trials from 120 mm rifled gun of MBT Arjun.
9. Indian Navy’s all-women crew created history by completing first independent maritime surveillance mission over which of the following ocean or sea?
A) Bay of Bengal
B) Arabian Sea
C) Pacific Ocean
D) Indian Ocean
E) Atlantic Ocean
Answer: B) Arabian Sea
- Indian Navy’s women officers have created history after they completed the first-ever all-women independent maritime reconnaissance and surveillance mission in the North Arabian Sea onboard a Dornier 228 aircraft.
- The mission was carried out by five officers of the Indian Navy Air Squadron (INAS) 314 based at Naval Air Enclave at Gujarat’s Porbandar.
- The aircraft was captained by the Mission Commander, Lt Cdr Aanchal Sharma, who had pilots, Lt Shivangi and Lt Apurva Gite, and Tactical and Sensor Officers, Lt Pooja Panda and SLt Pooja Shekhawat in her team.
- The INAS 314 is a frontline Naval Air Squadron based at Porbandar, Gujarat.
- This “first-of-its-kind military flying mission” is expected to pave the way for women officers in the aviation cadre to assume greater responsibility and aspire for more challenging roles.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 05
10. Which of the following country launched its 1st spacecraft launched to the moon?
B) Sri Lanka
D) South Korea
Answer: D) South Korea
- South Korea joined the stampede to the moon with the launch of a lunar orbiter that will scout out future landing spots.
- The satellite launched by SpaceX is taking a long, roundabout path to conserve fuel and will arrive in December.
- If successful, it will join spacecraft from the US and India already operating around the moon, and a Chinese rover exploring the moon’s far side.
- India, Russia and Japan have new moon missions launching later this year or next, as do a slew of private companies in the US and elsewhere.
- And NASA is next up with the debut of its mega moon rocket in late August.
- South Korea’s USD 180 million mission — the country’s first step in lunar exploration — features a boxy, solar-powered satellite designed to skim just 100 km above the lunar surface.
- It is South Korea’s second shot at space in six weeks.
- In June, South Korea successfully launched a package of satellites into orbit around Earth for the first time using its own rocket.
- And in May, South Korea joined a NASA-led coalition to explore the moon with astronauts in the coming years and decades.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 05
11. Rs. 375.25 crore approved to how many incubators under Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS)?
Answer: A) 102
- As on 30th July 2022, of the corpus of Rs. 945 crores, Rs. 375.25 crore have been approved to 102 incubators under the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS).
- Also, 378 DPIIT recognised startups have been approved a total sum of Rs. 81.45 crore by the approved incubators under the Scheme.
- Specifically, from the North Eastern States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura), as on 30th July 2022, two incubators (one each from Sikkim and Assam) have been approved a total sum of Rs. 5 crores under the Scheme.
- Also, 9 DPIIT recognised startups from North Eastern States have been approved a total sum of Rs. 1.15 crore by the approved incubators under the Scheme.
- The Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) is being implemented by the Government with effect from 1st April 2021.
- It provides financial assistance to eligible Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) recognised startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialization.
- This enables the startups to graduate to a level where they will be able to raise investments from angel investors or venture capitalists, or seek loans from commercial banks or financial institutions.
- SISFS is disbursed to eligible startups through eligible incubators across India.
12. Govt sets target of increasing Natural Gas in primary energy mix by 15% by which year?
Answer: C) 2030
- The Government has set a target of increasing Natural Gas in the primary energy mix by 15 per cent by 2030.
- At present, the use of Natural Gas is only 6.3 percent.
- To increase the Natural Gas usage, Mr. Teli said initiatives like the expansion of National Gas Grid to 33 thousand 500 kilometers, expansion of City Gas Distribution network, setting up of Liquefied Natural Gas terminals and allocation of domestic gas to CNG for transport and PNG for domestic purposes are taken.
- By the end of May this year a total of Four thousand 531 CNG stations have been established by the authorised entities.
13. Which of the following state CM launched 100 percent state-funded scheme for promoting use of drones in agricultural sector?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Gujarat
- In Gujarat, Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched a 100 percent state-funded scheme for promoting the use of drones in the agricultural sector.
- Launching the scheme from a village in Gandhinagar, the Chief Minister said, the use of drones in spraying the nano urea will cut down the agricultural cost substantially which will increase the income of the farmers.
- The provision of 35 crore rupees has been made for the scheme in the current financial year.
- The Chief Minister added that spraying of urea with 25 liters of water in one hectare of land can be completed within 20 minutes through the use of drone technology.
- The usage of drones will not only help to resolve the shortage of labour in agriculture but also save the energy and time of the farmers.
14. Himalayan spice garden inaugurated in which of the following state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- A Himalayan spice garden, a first of its kind in the entire Indian Himalayan Region and country, was inaugurated by noted historian Shekhar Pathak in Uttarakhand’s Ranikhet.
- It showcases major Himalayan spices ranging from Kesar from Kashmir to famed Tejpat, Timoor and Wild Heeng, found in the Bhairoghati area of Uttarkashi District.
- The garden has been established over an area of around 4 acres in Ranikhet, with funding from the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) over a period of two years.
- It has been developed by the research wing of the Uttarakhand Forest Department.
- It presently houses more than 30 different spices out of which there are 8 spices from the Allium family (onion) of the Himalayan region.
- The main objective of the establishment of this spice garden was to popularize and create awareness about various spices of the Indian Himalayan region.
15. Which of the following state signed 4 MoUs with HCL, Walmart, Flipkart on various fields?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Assam
- The Assam government joined hands with HCL, Walmart, and Flipkart for various purposes, including skilling the youths, exporting local products and creating talent for the e-commerce supply chain.
- The first memorandum of understanding was signed between the Directorate of Employment and Craftsmen Training (DECT) and the IT firm HCL Technologies to facilitate the employability of youths of Assam under various programs.
- The HCL in collaboration with DECT will provide training to the Class 12 passed students, aiming to reduce regional imbalance in terms of skilled people.
- Another MoU was inked between Assam Skill University (ASU) and HCL-TSS to help aspirants to join HCL-TSS skilling and employment programs and provide mutual support for counseling and conducting an assessment of eligible candidates in the university campus or any other campus provided by ASU.
- This is expected to help students from rural and remote areas to get employment opportunities.
- The third agreement was signed by Walmart Vriddhi with the Industries, Commerce, and Public Enterprises Department and Skill Employment Entrepreneurship Department.
- This tripartite MoU has been exchanged for the development of MSMEs in terms of showcasing and exporting their products and also exchanging ideas for successful commercialization of their products by providing them market access.
- As per the last MoU signed between Flipkart and Assam Skill Development Mission, Flipkart will provide opportunities to the youth of the state in the Flipkart Supply Chain Operations Academy by training, certifying, and creating a pool of e-commerce supply chain talent.
- They will also get an opportunity to do on-the-job training at Flipkart and receive a stipend of Rs 17,500 during the training period, the agreement noted.
- All four agreements were signed in presence of Assam Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Minister Jayanta Mallabaruah and other senior officials.
16. Which of the following state approved investment proposals worth Rs 2,253 crore?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Odisha
- The Odisha government has approved 11 investment proposals worth Rs 2,253 crore that can provide direct employment opportunities for 3,817 people.
- The proposals were given a nod during a virtual meeting of the State-Level Single Window Clearance Authority recently.
- The projects include Adani Enterprises’ data center facility in Khurda for cloud hosting services for Rs 500 crore.
- A Rs 533-crore iron-ore beneficiation plant in Sundargarh, dairy products processing unit in Cuttack, a grain-based ethanol plant in Dhenkanal, and a warehousing-cum-logistic park in Khurda are among the others that got approval.
17. Literacy rate in Himachal Pradesh had increased to how many percent?
Answer: E) 83%
- Himachal Pradesh chief minister Jai Ram Thakur said that the literacy rate in the state went up to 83 per cent from just 4.8 per cent in 1948.
- Addressing the gathering at state level function on 116th birth anniversary of first Chief Minister Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar, Thakur said that Dr Parmar was not only a founder of Himachal Pradesh, but he also laid a sound foundation for further development of the state.
- Being a hilly state, roads are lifelines of development, he said adding that there were only 228 km of roads in the state at the time of its formation in 1948 and today the state has over 39,354 km roads.
18. Which of the following state government planned to double farmers’ income under ‘Panchamrut Yojana’?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh government, announced that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s ‘Panchamrut Yojana’ will help to achieve the goal of doubling farmers’ income through the introduction of cost-effective technical measures and promotion of co-cropping method.
- It is worth mentioning here, that the Yogi Government increased the sugarcane support price by Rs 350 in the last crushing season in advance, which included Rs 340 for normal and Rs 335 for species declared unsuitable.
- The Government has already started taking steps under Panchamrut Yojana to achieve this goal, and would initially select a total of 2028 farmers in the state ahead of the autumn season, to develop model plots so that more and more innovative farmers felt encouraged to join the programme for their own benefit.
- The minimum area of this plot will be 0.5 hectares, while at least 15 plots each will be selected in Sugarcane Development Councils of Central and Western Uttar Pradesh and 10 in Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Different goals have been set district-wise in terms of implementation of methods for maximum outcome under ‘Panchamrut Yojana.
19. Which of the following state will attract USD 4 bn investment in EV segment?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh is seeking to position itself as the ‘lighthouse state’ and attract investments to the tune of four USD billion in the electric vehicles segment over the next few years.
- As a first step in this direction, the state government is holding a day-long CEO-Ministerial Dialogue to frame requisite policy by eliciting views and ideas from various stakeholders.
- This is a first such initiative by a state, under the World Economic Forum-Moving India network, on ‘Shaping the Future of Mobility’, according to AP Industries and Investment Minister Gudivada Amarnath.
- The state was planning to expand the EV landscape at an intense pace while accelerating EV adoption and transitioning towards clean mobility.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors