Daily Current Affairs August 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 04| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 04
1. Gurdeep Singh won bronze medal in weightlifting in CWG 2022 under which category?
A) 109 kg
B) 89 kg
C) 54 kg
D) 75 kg
E) 47 kg
Answer: A) 109 kg
|Silver||Tulika Maan||Judo||Women’s 78 kg|
|Bronze||Saurav Ghosal||Squash||Men’s single|
|Bronze||Gurdeep Singh||Weightlifting||Men’s 109 kg||Punjab announced a cash prize of Rs 40 lakhs|
|Bronze||Tejaswin Shankar||Athletics||High Jump||1st medal in High Jump|
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 04
2. NHAI debt stood at how many lakh crores?
A) Rs 3.69 lakh crores
B) Rs 3.59 lakh crores
C) Rs 3.49 lakh crores
D) Rs 3.93 lakh crores
E) Rs 3.39 lakh crores
Answer: C) Rs 3.49 lakh crores
- The total outstanding debt of state-owned National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) stood at around Rs 3.49 lakh crore as of March 31, 2022.
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said the fund required by NHAI for debt servicing in 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25 will be Rs 31,282 crore, Rs 31,909 crore and Rs 30,552 crore, respectively.
- Gadkari said the monetisation plan of operational highway stretches — which have the largest share of Rs 1.6 lakh crore of the total asset monetisation plan of Rs 6 lakh crore over a period of four years, i.e. FY22 to FY25, as per the National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP) announced recently by the Centre — includes 26,700 km of highways of four lanes.
- Till date, NHAI has monetised 26 stretches under toll-operate-transfer (TOT) and InvIT modes of monetisation.
- The total budgetary outlay of the road ministry under BE 2022-23 is Rs 1,99,107.71 crore.
- In addition, NHAI envisages raising of Rs 15,000 crore from SPV and Rs 30,000 crore is investment envisaged from private sector participation.
3. Under PM Mudra Yojana how many lakh crore loans weresanctioned?
A) Rs 9.95 crore
B) Rs 9.94 crore
C) Rs 9.96 crore
D) Rs 9.97 crore
E) Rs 9.98 crore
Answer: E) Rs 9.98 crore
- The government informed Parliament that Rs 9.98 crore of loans were sanctioned to 16.67 crore loan accounts under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana in three years from 2015 to 2018.
- Union Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Kisanrao Karad said the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) helped in generation of 1.12 crore net additional employment during a period of approximately 3 years (from 2015 to 2018).
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 04
4. Tiger Global sold how many percent stake in Zomato?
Answer: B) 2.34%
- Zomato said investment firm Tiger Global has reduced its stake in the company by almost half to 2.77 per cent by selling over 18.45 crore shares in the open market.
- Tiger Global’s Internet Fund VI Pte Ltd had a holding of 5.11 per cent in the online food delivery platform before the sale.
- Between July 25- August 2, 2022, the fund sold over 18.45 crore shares aggregating to 2.34 per cent stake in the company in the open market.
5. Vodafone Idea appointedwho among the following as its new chairman?
A) Himanshu Ravinder
B) Himanshu Kapania
C) Ravinder Kapania
D) Ravinder Takkar
E) Himanshu Takkar
Answer: D) Ravinder Takkar
- Company: Vodafone Idea limited (VIL) Chairman
- Appointed: Ravinder Takkar
- Succeeded: Himanshu Kapania
- Others: Ravinder Takkar was currently MD and CEO of VIL
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 04
6. Who among the following will roll out 5G in India along with Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung?
C) Adani data
D) Vodafone Idea
Answer: A) Airtel
- Within days of bidding for spectrum in auctions, Bharti Airtel announced it has signed 5G network agreements with gear makers Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung to commence deployment this month.
- The Sunil Mittal-led firm recently acquired 19,867.8 MHZ spectrum in 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 3300 MHz and 26 GHz bands, bolstering its spectrum holding.
- Bharti Airtel, which acquired spectrum worth Rs 43,084 crore in the just-concluded auction, had said it is well-positioned to usher in the 5G revolution in India.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 04
7. At present how many Ramsar sites are there in India?
Answer: C) 64
- India and China now have maximum number of wetlands of international importance with 10 more Indian sites entering the Ramsar list, taking the total to 64, the Union Environment Ministry.
- The 10 new sites – six in Tamil Nadu and one each in Goa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha – cover an area of 12,50,361 hectares in the country.
- The new Indian wetlands which have bagged the coveted tag are Koonthankulam Bird Sanctuary, Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve, Vembannur Wetland Complex, Vellode Bird Sanctuary, Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary and Udhayamarthandapuram Bird Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu; Satkosia Gorge in Odisha; Nanda Lake in Goa; Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Karnataka and Sirpur Wetland in Madhya Pradesh.
8. Inox Wind got how many MW project from NTPC arm in Gujarat?
A) 300 MW
B) 250 MW
C) 150 MW
D) 100 MW
E) 200 MW
Answer: E) 200 MW
- Inox Wind has received a 200 MW wind power project from NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd in Gujarat.
- The green energy project, which is scheduled to be commissioned by January 2024, will be executed on a turnkey basis at Dayapar site in Kutch district of the state, Inox Wind.
- NTPC Renewable Energy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC Ltd.
- Kailash Tarachandani, CEO of Inox Wind, said this is the second project awarded by NTPC in the recent past.
- The company had received a 150 MW order last year.
- According to the statement, Inox Wind had also successfully executed a 50 MW turnkey wind project for NTPC in Gujarat a few years ago.
- As part of the latest order, Inox Wind will supply and install wind turbine generators.
- It will also provide comprehensive operation and maintenance (O & M) for the project.
- As per industry estimates, Rs 5-5.5 crore is required to set up 1 MW of green energy capacity (solar or wind).
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 04
9. IOCL signed MoU with which of the following country for emergency supply of petroleum goods?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed an MoU with the Bangladesh Roads and Highways department in Dhaka for the emergency supply of petroleum goods via Bangladesh territory to India.
- This is an interim set up to facilitate urgent supply of petroleum products due to damage caused by the flood in Assam this year, said the Indian High Commission.
- The petroleum tankers will enter from Meghalaya and will go to Tripura crossing through the Bangladesh territory.
- The IOCL will bear all the administrative fees, charges and local taxes including road usage fee for use of the Bangladeshi territory.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) of Bangladesh t said that the MoU has been signed in a spirit of good neighbourly relations to allow Indian vehicles for transportation of the fuel from Assam to Tripura by Road which has been severely disrupted due to the recent floods in Assam and Tripura.
10. Adani Enterprises signed pact with _____ Innovation Authority?
Answer: D) Israel
- Adani Enterprises Ltd has signed an agreement with the Israel Innovation Authority for cooperation in technological innovation between Israeli entities and the Adani Group.
- Israel Innovation Authority (IIA) is a public-funded agency overseeing Israel’s innovation policy.
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) will lead to the creation of a cutting-edge innovation platform that will allow Adani businesses to access tech solutions provided by Israeli startups, whereby selected innovation projects will be supported by the partnership.
- This cooperation will deepen the existing partnerships that Adani has already established over the past six years in Israel.
- The collaboration will span across segments like climate change, cyber, Artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), 5G, and agriculture, all of which are core businesses for Adani.
11. India and which of the following country discussed Cooperation in Skill Development Initiatives?
Answer: A) Japan
- India and Japan took stock of their cooperation in the skill development initiatives.
- The discussions were held in the third meeting of the joint working group (JWG) on specified skill workers (SSW).
- The two countries signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on specified skilled workers in January 2021 in order to promote the movement of skilled workers from India to Japan for employment on a contractual basis.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 04
12. How many airports are covered under Krishi Udan 2.0?
Answer: C) 58
- Krishi Udan Scheme 2.0 was announced on 27 October 2021 enhancing the existing provisions, mainly focusing on transporting perishable food products from the hilly areas, North-Eastern States and tribal areas.
- For facilitating and incentivising movement of agri-produce by air transportation, Airports Authority of India (AAI) provides full waiver of Landing, Parking charges, Terminal Navigational Landing Charges (TNLC) and Route Navigation Facility Charges (RNFC) for Indian freighters and P2C (Passenger-to-Cargo) Aircraft primarily around 25 airports focusing on North Eastern, Hilly and Tribal region and 28 airports in other regions/areas.
- Further, after evaluation of Krishi Udan 2.0 five more airports have been included, making it to 58 airports.
- Krishi Udan Scheme is a convergence scheme where eight Ministries/Departments namely Ministry of Civil Aviation, Department of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) would leverage their existing schemes to strengthen the logistics for transportation of Agri-produce.
- Currently, Prayagraj airport is included under Krishi Udan Scheme 2.0.
- All perishable commodities are covered under Krishi Udan Scheme in the country.
- The scheme assists farmers in transporting agriculture products so that it improves their value realisation.
- Krishi Udan scheme provides air transportation and logistics support for perishable agri-produce as per the need.
13. Around how many crore women workers were registered on e-Shram portal till July 27?
A) 12 crore
B) 18 crore
C) 13 crore
D) 16 crore
E) 15 crore
Answer: E) 15 crore
- In all, 14 crore 81 lakh women workers have been registered on e-Shram portal till 27th of last month.
- Out of this, women domestic workers are three crore 24 lakh.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment launched e-Shram portal to create a National Database of the unorganised workers in August last year.
- The e-Shram portal captures data about 400 occupations including domestic workers.
- One of the main objectives of e-Shram portal is to facilitate delivery of social benefit schemes to the unorganised workers.
14. How many lakh accounts of street vendors under PM SVANidhi Scheme had become Non-Performing Assets till July 27?
A) 8.45 lakh
B) 4.85 lakh
C) 4.58 lakh
D) 5.48 lakh
E) 5.84 lakh
Answer: B) 4.85 lakh
- The government said, under the PM SVANidhi Scheme, 4.85 lakh accounts of street vendors have become Non-Performing Assets with a total amount of 344 crore rupees till the 27th of last month.
- The State Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Kaushal Kishore said as per information submitted by the Lending Institutions with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Mircro and Small Enterprises, a total of 3,700 crore rupees have been disbursed by the lending institutions.
15. World’s largest floating solar power plant to be built on Narmada’s Omkareshwar Dam in which of the following state?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- With an aim to increase the power generation capacity of the central state of Madhya Pradesh and address the electricity problems in the region, a floating solar power plant is going to be built in Khandwa which will generate 600 Mega Watt power by 2022-23.
- The world’s largest floating solar plant, the project is estimated to be worth over Rs. 3000 crores.
16. How manylakh crore spent on central govt pensioners during FY2021-22?
A) Rs 2.5 lakh crore
B) Rs 3.5 lakh crore
C) Rs 2.4 lakh crore
D) Rs 3.4 lakh crore
E) Rs 2.6 lakh crore
Answer: A) Rs 2.5 lakh crore
- There were 69,76,240 pensioners and family pensioners 11,28,441 civil pensioners, 36,03,609 defence pensioners (including armed forces pensioners), 4,32,968 telecom pensioners, 14,82,223 railway pensioners and 3,28,999 postal pensioners, Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh.
- Total expenditure incurred on these pensioners was Rs 2,54,284.4 crore during the financial year 2021-22.
17. Fair and remunerative price of Sugarcane is hiked by how many rupees per quintal?
A) Rs 20
B) Rs 18
C) Rs 15
D) Rs 12
E) Rs 10
Answer: C) Rs 15
- The Cabinet hiked the fair and remunerative price (FRP) of sugarcane for the 2022-23 season, which starts from October, by Rs 15 per quintal to Rs 305, triggering calls from sugar mills for a commensurate rise in the minimum sale price (MSP) of sugar to keep their businesses competitive.
- According to the Sugarcane (Control) Order of 1966, FRP is the minimum price that sugar mills have to pay to sugarcane farmers, while MSP is the minimum sale price of sugar that they get helping them recover their cost of production.
- Following the Cabinet decision, the FRP of Rs 305 per quintal is linked to a basic recovery rate of 10.25 per cent.
- Recovery rate is the amount of sugar that sugarcane fetches and higher the quantum of sugar derived from sugarcane, greater the price it fetches in the market.
- The official statement said for every 0.1 per cent rise in recovery, over 10.25 per cent, a premium of Rs 3.05 per quintal will have to be paid to the farmer, while for every 0.1 per cent reduction in recovery below 10.25 per cent, FRP payable will be lowered by Rs 3.05 per quintal.
18. Which of the following state topped in establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Maharashtra
- Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has completed the target of establishing 10,000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in the entire country and is in progress to meet the other targets.
- ATLs have been established in schools across the country under the Atal Innovation Mission to foster curiosity and creativity in young minds.
- AIM has currently established 68 Atal incubation centres, 14 Atal Community Innovation Centres and has supported 51 startups with grant-in-aid to implement their ideas.
- ATL is a workspace where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands-on do-it-yourself mode and learn innovation skills.
- The objectives of the AIM are to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country via interventions at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
|State||Number of ATL|
19. Which of the following state CM transferred Rs 5.60 crore to Godhan Nyay scheme beneficiaries?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will virtually transfer a total of Rs 5.60 crore into the bank accounts of cattle-rearers, women self-help groups (SHGs), and gauthan (cow shelter) committees under the Godhan Nyay Yojana.
- Of the total amount, farmers and villagers will be paid Rs 2.17 crore against the procurement of cow dung from them, while gauthan committees and SHGs will be given Rs 2.07 crore and Rs 1.37 crore respectively.
- The state government launched the GNY scheme in July 2020, under which cow dung is being procured at Rs 2 per kilogram at gauthans and the dung is being used to prepare vermicompost.
- In the last two years, the state government has procured cow dung worth over Rs 153.42 crore.
- The SHGs have produced over 20 lakh quintals of vermicompost, super compost, and super plus compost from the cow dung thereby helping to promote organic farming.
- The SHGs and gauthan committees have received over Rs 152.90 crore from the production and sale of vermicompost prepared from procured cow dung.
- The state government recently started procuring cow urine at Rs 4 per litre.
20. Since 2014, how many kilometers of metro rail network has been built/operationalized in the country?
A) 554 km
B) 586 km
C) 546 km
D) 548 km
E) 584 km
Answer: D) 548 km
- Before 2014 (till December, 2013), a total of about 229 kms of metro rail network was operational in the cities of Delhi & NCR (194 kms), Kolkata (28 kms) and Bangalore (7 kms).
- Since 2014, a total of about 548 kms of metro rail network has been built/operationalized in the country.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy