Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 06& 07| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
1. On which year for the first time National Handloom Day was celebrated?
Answer: B) 2015
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|August 06||Hiroshima Day||1945||Atom dropped in Japan|
|August 07||National Handloom Day||2015||8th||Handloom, an Indian legacy||By PM Modi in 2015|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
2. Bajrang Punia won gold in wrestling in CWG 2022 under which category?
A) 57 kg
B) 125 kg
C) 62 kg
D) 68 kg
E) 65 kg
Answer: E) 65 kg
|Gold||Bajrang Punia||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 65kg|
|Gold||Sashi Malik||Wrestling||Women’s freestyle 62kg|
|Gold||Deepak Punia||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 86kg|
|Silver||Anshu Malik||Wrestling||Women’s 57kg|
|Silver||Priyanka Goswami||Athletics||Women’s 10000m walk||1st Indian Women to win medal in race walk|
|Silver||Avinash Sable||Athletics||Men’s 3000m steeplechase|
|Bronze||Divya Kakran||Wrestling||Women’s 68kg|
|Bronze||Mohit Grewal||Wrestling||Men’s 125kg|
|Gold||Ravi Kumar Dahiya||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 57kg|
|Gold||Vinesh Phogat||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 53kg|
|Gold||Naveen Malik||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 74kg|
|Gold||Bhavina Patel||Table Tennis||Women’s Single|
|Gold||Nitu Ghanghas||Boxing||Women’s 48kg|
|Gold||Amit Panghal||Boxing||Men’s 51kg|
|Gold||Eldhose Paul||Athletics||Men’s Triple Jump|
|Silver||Sunil Bahadur Chandan Singh Navneet Singh Dinesh Kumar||Lawn Bowl’s||Men’s Four|
|Silver||Abdul Aboobacker||Athletics||Men’s Triple Jump|
|Bronze||Jaismine Lamboria||Boxing||Women’s lightweight|
|Bronze||Pooja Gehlot||Wrestling||Women’s freestyle 50 kg|
|Bronze||Pooja Sihag||Wrestling||Women’s freestyle 76 kg|
|Bronze||Mohammad Hussamuddin||Boxing||Men’s featherweight|
|Bronze||Deepak Nehra||Wrestling||Men’s freestyle 97 kg|
|Bronze||Sonalben Patel||Table tennis||Women’s singles C3–5|
|Bronze||Rohit Tokas||Boxing||Men’s welterweight|
|Bronze||Savita Punia (c) Rajani Etimarpu Deep Grace Ekka (vc) Gurjit Kaur Nikki Pradhan Udita Duhan Nisha Warsi Sushila Chanu Monika Malik Neha Goyal Jyoti Navjot Kaur Salima Tete Vandana Katariya Lalremsiami Navneet Kaur Sharmila Devi Sangita Kumari||Hockey||Women’s tournament|
|Bronze||Sandeep Kumar||Athletics||10,000 m walk|
3. At which age Scotland’s George Miller became oldest Commonwealth Games winner?
Answer: C) 75
- Scotland’s George Miller became the oldest gold medallist in the history of the Commonwealth Games when Scotland beat Wales in the B2/B3 mixed pairs bowls.
- The 75-year-old Miller is director for visually impaired bowler Melanie Innes, who along with Robert Barr and his lead director Sarah Jane beat Wales 16-9 in the final at Victoria Park, Lymington Spa.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
4. Canara Bank hiked lending rate by how many basis points?
A) 50 bps
B) 15 bps
C) 40 bps
D) 30 bps
E) 20 bps
Answer: A) 50 bps
- Canara Bank has decided to hike its repo rate linked lending rate by 50 basis points or 0.50 per cent to 8.30 per cent with effect from August 7.
- As per data updated on Canara Bank website, the interest rate on home loans will be increased to 8.10 per cent for general customers.
- For women customers, it will be hiked to 8.05 per cent.
- Canara Bank offers 0.05 per cent concession to women borrowers.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
5. By how many per cent India’s agricultural and processed food exports jumped in Q1?
Answer: D) 31%
- India’s agricultural and processed food products exports rose by 31 per cent to USD 7,408 million in the first three months of the current financial year.
- According to the provisional data released by the Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics (DGCI&S), the overall export of APEDA products increased to $7,408 million in April-June 2022 from $5,663 million over the same period of the last fiscal.
- The export target for April-June 2022-23 was fixed at $5,890 million.
- The initiatives taken by the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) which works under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry have helped the country in achieving 31 per cent of the total export target in the first quarter of the current fiscal.
- For the year 2022-23, an export target of $23.56 billion has been fixed by APEDA for the agricultural and processed food products basket.
- As per the DGCI&S provisional data, fresh fruits & vegetables registered four per cent growth, while processed fruits and vegetables recorded a significant growth of 59.71 per cent (April-June 2022) in comparison to the corresponding months of the previous year.
- Also, processed food products like cereals and miscellaneous processed items reported a growth of 37.66 per cent in comparison to the first quarter of the previous year.
- In April-June, 2021, fresh fruits and vegetables were exported to the tune of $394 million which increased to $409 million in the corresponding months of the current fiscal.
- Exports of processed F&V jumped to $490 million in Q1 of the current fiscal from $307 million in the corresponding months of the previous year.
- Basmati Rice exports witnessed a growth of 25.54 per cent in the first three months of FY 2022-23 as its export increased from $922 million (April-June 2021) to $1157 million (April-June 2022), while the export of non-Basmati rice registered a growth of 5 per cent in Q1 of current fiscal.
- Non-basmati rice export increased to $1566 million in the first three months of the current fiscal from $1491 million in the corresponding months of the previous year.
- The export of meat, dairy & poultry products increased by 9.5 per cent and the export of other cereals recorded a growth of 29 per cent in Q1 of the current fiscal.
- The dairy products alone recorded a growth of 67.15 per cent as its export rose to $191 million in the first three months of the current fiscal from $114 million in the corresponding months of the previous year.
- Other cereals’ export increased from $237 million in April-June 2021 to $306 million in April-June 2022 and the export of livestock products increased from $1022 million in April-June 2021 to $1120 million in April-June 2022.
6. By Which year India’s outbound tourism will surpass USD 42 bn?
Answer: B) 2024
- Outbound trips from India will surpass USD 42 billion by 2024 and the government could bring about certain policy changes to boost this growing market
- The report’ titled ‘Outbound Travel and Tourism – An Opportunity Untapped’ by Nangia Andersen LLP in association with FICCI, highlights the up-and-coming Indian travel market and outline a framework for creating a more value for money experience for Indian tourists and travellers.
- To facilitate ease of doing business and promote the interests of Indian firms dealing in outbound travel the government could look at steps like increasing direct connections to popular and upcoming destinations, allowing foreign cruise vessels to operate on Indian waters, besides taking concerted and coordinated efforts on multiple fronts to propel the outbound tourism market.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
7. ZSI published new book on over _____ bird species?
Answer: E) 1000
- The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) has published a field guide dealing with 1,331 avian species found in the country.
- It highlights quality photographs of birds unlike other books that mainly used drawings, ZSI Director Dhriti Banerjee.
- To promote the book, ‘Field Guide, Birds of India’, the ZSI arranged two events one of which was held in Kolkata on August 4, 2022.
- In Kolkata, the event was held in the auditorium of the Zoological Survey of India while the Mumbai programme will be jointly organised by ZSI and Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS).
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
8. Jagdeep Dhankhar became____ vice president of India?
Answer: C) 14th
|Company/Country/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Appointed By||Tenure Period||Others|
|Central Administrative Tribunal Chairman||Justice Ranjit Vasantrao|
|14th Vice President of India||Jagdeep Dhankhar||Venkaiah Naidu|
|Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-cum-Secretary, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research||N Kalaiselvi||Appointments Committee of the Cabinet||She is currently Director, CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIRCECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu.|
|FIDE deputy president||Viswanathan Anand|
|Colombia President||Gustavo Petro||Iván Duque Márquez|
|Fipola Brand Ambassador||Nayanthara||Meat and Fish Food|
|Cabinet Secretary||Rajiv Gauba||2023||1 year extension Appointed in 2019|
|Unity Small Finance Bank MD & CEO||Inderjit Camotra||He worked in Standard Chartered Bank, ANZ And Citibank Jan 2022 Vinod Rai Chairman of Unity Small Finance Bank|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
9. Who among the following signed MoU with ISRO on data sharing on Satellite-based Naval Applications in Oceanology and Meteorology?
A) Indian Navy
C) Indian Army
E) Indian Airforce
Answer: A) Indian Navy
- Indian Navy signed a MoU with the Space Applications Centre Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Ahmedabad on data sharing and cooperation on Satellite based Naval Applications in Oceanology and Meteorology.
- With this initiative, both the organisations will have a common platform of mutual cooperation, wherein the scientific advancements by SAC would be synergised into the Indian Naval efforts to keep the nation’s defence in step with rapid development in the field of Satellite Data retrieval and applications.
- This MoU is an extension of previous MoU signed in 2017 and will further the collaboration between two organisations.
- The broad area of cooperation includes sharing of non-confidential observational data, operation exploitation of SAC generated weather products and provisioning of Subject Matter Experts (SME) towards processing of satellite data towards development of new tools, calibration and validation of ocean models.
- The Memorandum of Understanding was signed by SAC and Indian Navy to further meaningful interactions and professional exchanges in future.
10. Who among the following launched ‘India Ki Udaan’ to mark 75 years of Independence?
Answer: D) Google
- Capturing the milestones India has achieved in its journey of 75 years since Independence, software giant Google unveiled a vibrant online project drawing from rich archives and featuring artistic illustrations to tell the story of the country.
- Named ‘India ki Udaan’, the project executed by Google Arts & Culture celebrates the country’s achievements and is ”themed on the unwavering and undying spirit of India over these past 75 years”.
- The project was officially launched at a glittering event held at the Sunder Nursery here in the presence of Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy and senior officials of the Culture Ministry and Google.
- It also announced that its popular Doodle4Google contest for 2022, themed on ‘In the next 25 years, my India is now open for entries to students of classes 1-10.
- ”The winner of this year’s Doodle4Google will see their artwork on the Google homepage in India on November 14, and win a Rs 5,00,000 college scholarship, a Rs 2,00,000 technology package for their school/non-profit organisation, a recognition of achievement, Google hardware, and fun Google collectibles.
- Four group winners and 15 finalists will also win exciting prizes.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
11. How many Mega-Watt solar project was commissioned by NTPC in Jaisalmer?
A) 300 MW
B) 296 MW
C) 200 MW
D) 350 MW
E) 250 MW
Answer: B) 296 MW
- State-owned power giant NTPC has fully commissioned the 296 MW Fatehgarh solar project after making its fifth part capacity of the 48.8 MW commercially operational in Jaisalmer.
- The company said that consequent upon successful commissioning, the entire capacity of 250 MW Kolyat, Bikaner (Shambu ki Burj-1) Solar PV Project at Bikaner, Rajasthan, is declared on the commercial operation.
- With this, the standalone installed and commercial capacity of NTPC will become 55,068 MW, while the group’s installed and commercial capacity will become 69,433 MW.
12. Which of the following state aimed to generate extra 20,000 MW of green power by 2030 through renewable energy sources?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh has set an ambitious target of generating an additional 20,000 Megawatt (MW) of green power by 2030 through renewable energy sources, including setting up of a solar plant in the Chambal region once notorious for dacoits, and supplying it to other states.
- The state currently produces 5,500 MW of green energy through various renewable power sources and a major part of it is sourced through solar power.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 06& 07
13.How many lakh Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centres to be opened by December?
A) 2.5 lakh
B) 1 lakh
C) 1.5 lakh
D) 2 lakh
E) 3 lakh
Answer: C) 1.5 lakh
- The government has set up 1.22 lakh Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres and will achieve the target of 1.5 lakh such centres by the end of this year, Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya.
- These Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres are working on a holistic approach and have facilities such as e-Sanjeevani platform, online outpatient consultation service through telemedicine and teleconsultation.
14. In How many monuments ASI will hoist national flag to commemorate 75 years of Independence?
Answer: A) 150
- To commemorate 75 years of Independence under the ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) will be hoisting the National Flag in 150 monuments and sites across the country.
- According to the Ministry of Culture, along with flag hoisting, these monuments will also be lit in tri-colour.
- A cleanliness campaign will be launched in 750 monuments across the country and free entry has been announced in all centrally protected monuments across the country from August 5 to August 15.
- 37 circles of ASI will conduct different programs involving local people in the spirit of Jan Bhagidari which embodies Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- These events include tree plantation drives, school samvaads, lectures, medical camps and children’s awareness programs.
15. Which of the following state government approved investment proposals worth Rs 34,432 crores?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Karnataka
- The Karnataka State High-Level Clearance Committee headed by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai cleared 18 projects with total investments of Rs 34,432.46 crores.
- The approvals came at the Committee’s 59th meeting.
- The projects are expected to create employment opportunities for 48,850 people.
- The projects include 8 new industrial establishments including one from Toyota and 10 additional investment proposals from existing units.
- Major projects that have been cleared include Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Ltd (Rs. 3661 cr), Truals Bioenergy Ltd-Ethanol Plant worth Rs. 1856 crores.
- In the Semiconductor sector industries, the state cleared Applied Materials India (Rs.1573 cr).
- Other approvals included medical instruments and spectacle lenses by Carl Zeiss India Pvt. Ltd (Rs. 977 cr).
- Approvals also included MV Photovoltaic Power Ltd (Solar Panels, Rs. 232 cr), Sri Renuka Sugars (Ethanol, Rs. 775 cr), Chidananda Basavaprabhu Kore Coop (Ethanol Rs. 270 cr).
16. Which of the following state set target for USD 1 trillion economy target?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Deloitte India, appointing it as a consultant for achieving the target of lifting the state’s economy to USD 1 trillion.
- The state government had on July 19 decided to appoint Deloitte India as a consultant during a meeting of the council of ministers chaired by Adityanath.
- This decision was based on the recommendation of a high-powered committee.
17. How many percent disposal rate is achieved by CAT from 2015 to 2019?
Answer: B) 91%
- Union minister Jitendra Singh said the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) achieved a disposal rate of around 91 per cent in three years from 2015 to 2019 and there continues to be a steady rise in the disposal of cases.
- The disposal rate was around 89 per cent from 2010 to 2014, during the UPA regime, said Singh, at his meeting with newly-appointed Chairman of CAT Justice Ranjit Vasantrao.
- The Tribunal recorded the disposal rate of 104 per cent in 2020 despite the appointment of members being delayed on account of the pendency of a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court.
- In 2021 the disposal rate was 58.6 per cent and this was despite the fact that around 18,845 old pending cases of Jammu and Kashmir High Court were transferred to the Jammu Bench of CAT.
18. How many kilometer heritage walk organised by Coast Guard to commemorate 75th Independence Day?
Answer: D) 7.5km
- The Coast Guard organised a 7.5-km heritage walk at Fort Kochi near here to commemorate the 75 years of independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and International Coastal Clean-up Day-22 with the theme ”Plastic-free Oceans.”
- Flagging off the event, Coast Guard DIG N Ravi, the Commander of Coast Guard Headquarters (Kerala and Mahe), urged everyone to set a target of 7,500 steps for ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- A total of 150 persons participated in the walk at Fort Kochi, covering a distance of 7.5 km.
19. Which of the following state is first to announce housing scheme for transgender community?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Maharashtra
- The Social Welfare Department of the Maharashtra government has proposed an affordable housing scheme for the transgender community.
- Transgender persons often find it difficult to buy or rent a house in a good locality because of the stigma attached to their gender identity, hence the scheme would be helpful.
- Under the proposed scheme, around 150 flats of 450 sq feet each will be offered in a dedicated housing complex in Nagpur city for the transgender community.
- The Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT) has ready flats available.
- It has agreed to sell them to us.
- Using the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) funds and taking the rest of the funding from the state government, we will make these flats available to the transgender community.
- They will own these flats.
20. Which edition of NITI Aayog governing council meeting chaired by PM Modi?
Answer: E) 7th
- The 7th governing council meeting of Niti Aayog chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is underway at Rashtrapati Bhawan’s Cultural Centre in the national capital.
- The meeting is being attended by Chief Ministers of all the States excluding Telangana CM and Union Territories, legislators, Lt Governors of UTs, Ex-Officio Members, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog, Full-Time Members of NITI Aayog and Union Ministers as Special Invitees.
- Notably, this meeting is the first in-person meeting of the Governing Council since July 2019.
- The agenda of the Niti Aayog meeting includes crop diversification and achieving self-sufficiency in oilseeds and pulses and agri-communities; implementation of the National Education Policy-school education; implementation of the National Education Policy-higher education; and urban governance.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Books and Authors
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy