Daily Current Affairs August 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 03| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 03
1. Lovepreeth Singh won bronze medal in weightlifting in which category of CWG 2022?
A) 75 kg
B) 109 kg
C) 54 kg
D) 80 kg
E) 79 kg
Answer: B) 109 kg
|Silver||Srikanth Kidambi,SatwiksairajRankireddy B. SumeethReddy,LakshyaSen,Chirag Shetty Gayathri Gopichand,Treesa Jolly AakarshiKashyap,AshwiniPonnappa, P.V.Sindhu||Badminton||Mixed Team|
|Bronze||Lovepreet Singh||Weightlifting||Men’s 109 kg|
2. Indian mixed 4x400m relay team won silver with Asian junior record in World U20 Athletics, India won previous medal in the same event in which year?
Answer: D) 2021
- The Indian mixed 4×400 relay team clinched a silver medal by bettering its own Asian record time in the final of the World U-20 Athletics Championships.
- The Indian quartet of Barath Sridhar, Priya Mohan, Kapil and Rupal Chaudhary clocked 3 minutes and 17.67 seconds to finish behind USA (3:17.69).
- The Indian team bettered its own earlier Asian record of 3:19.62 set here a day earlier during the heats.
- This was India’s second consecutive medal in mixed 4x400m relay at the World U-20 Athletics Championships after the bronze at the last edition in Nairobi in 2021, where the event was introduced for the first time.
- Rupal is the only new member of the quartet that had won bronze last year while Sridhar, Priya and Kapil were there in that team.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 03
3. Banks write off loans worth Rs 10 lakh crore in last how many years?
A) 5 years
B) 4 years
C) 6 years
D) 3 years
E) 7 years
Answer: A) 5 years
- Banks have written off loans worth about Rs 10 lakh crore in the last five financial years.
- During 2021-22, the write-off amount came down to Rs 1,57,096 crore compared to Rs 2,02,781 crore in the previous year.
- In 2019-20, the write-off was worth Rs 2,34,170 crore, down from Rs 2,36,265 crore, the highest in five years recorded in 2018-19.
- During 2017-18, the write-off by banks stood at Rs 1,61,328 crore.
- Bank loans to the tune of Rs 9,91,640 crore have been written off in the last five years–2017-18 to 2021-22.
- The highest number of 2,840 wilful defaulters reported during 2020-21 was followed by 2,700 the next year.
- The number of wilful defaulters stood at 2,207 at the end of March 2019 which rose to 2,469 in 2019-20.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 03
4. GST tax only on bank purchasing cheque book from printer,what is the GST collection in July22?
A) Rs 1.51 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.50 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.49 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.44 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.46 lakh crore
Answer: C) Rs 1.49 lakh crore
- GST tax only on bank purchasing cheque book from printer; no tax on customer cheques.
- FM explaining levy of 5% GST only on pre-packed, labelled items ¬ on those sold loose.
- There is no GST on withdrawal of cash from banks.
- No GST on hospital bed or ICU, tax only on room with Rs 5000 per day rent.
5. Over how many percent of small businesses that availed loans in FY 2022 were run by women?
Answer: E) 22%
- Over 22% of small businesses that availed loans in FY 2022 were run by women, signifying an increase in women business owners, as per the latest annual Neo Growth Social Impact report.
- This is the 8th edition of the Report, which covers data for FY 2021-22.
- With the knowledge of health and wellness at an all-time high even in the MSME community, 92% of the company’s 20,000+ borrowers availed healthcare coverage in FY 2021-2022.
- Loan disbursals to women borrowers have grown exponentially at a CAGR of 72% since FY 2015, signifying gender equality.
- The company also supported the Government’s financial inclusion agenda, by advancing 60% loans to emerging small businesses that have been in operation for less than or equal to 5 years, 36% to young entrepreneurs below 35 years of age, and 38% loans were small ticket, of less than or equal to INR 10 lakhs.
6. Who among the following launched Moonlighting policy, employees can take up external projects?
Answer: B) Swiggy
- Food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy has introduced an industry-first ‘Moonlighting policy’, wherein employees can take up external projects for pro-bono or economic consideration based on internal approvals.
- Moonlighting policy allows employees to work second jobs, outside normal business hours of the primary job, under certain conditions
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs August 03
7. Uber sold how many percent stake at Zomato?
Answer: D) 7.8%
- Ride-hailing app Uber is selling off 7.8% stake in Indian food delivery company Zomato for at least USD 373 million (Rs 2,939 crore) through a block deal of shares.
8. Reliance Strategic Business Venturesbought how many percent stake in Sanmina-SCI India?
Answer: A) 50.1%
- Fair trade regulator CCI (Competition Commission of India) approved the purchase of a majority stake in Sanmina-SCI India Pvt Ltd by Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Ltd.
- The proposed transaction relates to the acquisition of up to 50.1 per cent stake in Sanmina-SCI India Pvt Ltd (SCIPL) by Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Ltd (RSBVL).
- RSBVL will hold 50.1 per cent stake in the joint venture while Sanmina will have 49.9 per cent shareholding.
- The latter will obtain this ownership primarily through an investment of up to Rs 1,670 crore in new shares in Sanmina’s existing Indian entity.
9. Axis Bank acquired over 5 pc stake in CredAble for how many crores?
A) Rs 66 crores
B) Rs 60 crores
C) Rs 55 crores
D) Rs 44 crores
E) Rs 50 crores
Answer: C) Rs 55 crores
- Axis Bank will acquire over 5 per cent stake in fintech platform Cred Able for Rs 55 crore and the deal is expected to be completed by September.
- The bank will acquire 8,921 equity shares, equivalent to 5.09 per cent, of face value of Rs 10 each for Rs 55 crore in Cred Able.
- The acquisition is expected to be completed by September 30, 2022.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 03
10. Who among the following appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner?
A) Suresh Kothari
B) Sanjay Patel
C) Shweta Singh
D) Sanjay Kothari
E) Suresh N Patel
Answer: E) Suresh N Patel
|Company/Country/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Tenure Period||Appointed by||Others|
|Central Vigilance Commissioner||Suresh N Patel||Sanjay Kothari (June 24 2021)||President Droupadi Murmu||He had been working as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)|
|Director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)||Shweta Singh||3 years||Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC)|
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 03
11. Tata Power arm commissionedhow many Mega Watt hybrid power project in Rajasthan?
A) 150 MW
B) 225 MW
C) 300 MW
D) 450 MW
E) 200 MW
Answer: B) 225 MW
- Tata Power said its arm Tata Power Green Energy Limited has commissioned a 225-megawatt hybrid power project in Rajasthan.
- Hybrid power systems generate electricity from two or more sources, usually renewable.
- In the project commissioned on August 2, Tata Power Green Energy Limited (TPGEL) has used solar and wind sources to produce energy.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 03
12. Monthly pension ranging from Rs 12,000 to Rs 20,000 being provided to how many former sportspersons?
Answer: D) 820
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur has said that a monthly pension ranging from 12,000 to 20,000 rupees is being provided to 820 former sportspersons under the Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons.
- The pension amount to the ex-sportspersons has been increased over the years.
- The last revision was made in June 2018, and the amount was doubled from the earlier existing amount.
13. Over how many crores rural women members mobilised through DAY-NRLM into 77 lakh 40 thousand SHGs?
A) 8 crores
B) 7 crores
C) 6 crores
D) 9 crores
E) 4 crores
Answer: A) 8 crores
- The Centre said, eight crore 41 lakh rural women members have been mobilised through Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission, DAY-NRLM, into 77 lakh 40 thosuand Self-Help Groups till 28th of last month.
- This mission has been mobilised across 721 districts and 6,842 blocks of 34 States and Union Territories.
- These SHGs have been federated into four lakh 37 thousand Village Organisationsand over 28 thousand Cluster Level Federations.
- DAY-NRLM has also trained around four lakh community resource persons who are skilled in different thematic areas such as gender, financial inclusion, livelihood promotion and nutrition.
- Over 39 lakh SHGs have been provided with revolving funds and 22 lakh 21 thousand SHGs have been also provided with Community Investment Funds as capital support till June this year.
- The Centre is also implementing various schemes for socio-economic upliftment of rural areas and its people.
14. India would become the ____ country to deliver indigenous 5G network?
Answer: C) 1st
- India is now among the leading countries and one of the first to deliver indigenous 5G.
- India is going with the 5G network in the 5G generation that is designed and built in India.
- The equipment that we are using now for 5G, has never been used before.
- 2G, 3G, and 4G network in the country was always imported from outside.
- We are getting Rs 1.5 lakh crore from the government.
- Reliance Jio has purchased the largest amount of 5G spectrum at Rs 88,078 crore.
- Jio’s stake in the total spectrum auction is more than 50 per cent.
15. By which year the road infrastructure in India will be similar to that of United States?
Answer: E) 2024
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari told by 2024, road infrastructure in India will be similar to that of the United States.
- Before 2024, as many as 26 green express highways will be constructed which will bring down travel time considerably.
- Once the highways are in place, travel time from Delhi to Dehradun, Delhi to Haridwar, Delhi to Jaipur would only take around two hours.
- While Delhi to Chandigarh will take 2.30 hrs, Delhi to Amritsar will be done in 4 hours and Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours.
16. Govt agreed to give financial assistance for Solar Agri pumps up to how many horse power pumps?
A) 10 hp
B) 15 hp
C) 20 hp
D) 25 hp
E) 30 hp
Answer: B) 15 hp
- The finance ministry has agreed to a proposal on the Central Financial Assistance (CFA) to solar pumps up to 15 horsepower capacity in the northeastern and Himalayan states.
- In 2019, the government launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evamUtthaanMahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) Scheme with 3 components.
- Under the B component, individual farmers will be supported to install standalone solar agriculture pumps of capacity up to 7.5 Horse Power (HP) for replacement of existing diesel agriculture pumps/irrigation systems in off-grid areas, where grid supply is not available.
- Pumps of capacity higher than 7.5 HP can also be installed, however, the financial support will be limited to 7.5 HP capacity.
17. Lok Sabha passed Wildlife (Protection) Amendment Bill that amends Wildlife (Protection) Act,___?
Answer: D) 1972
- Lok Sabha passed Wild Life (Protection) Amendment Bill, 2021 that seeks to amend the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 to insert a new chapter for proper implementation of the Convention on International trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
- The minister said that in the last eight years protected areas in the country have increased from 693 to 987, which includes fifty-two tiger reserves.
18. Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 7,183.42 crore released to how many states?
Answer: A) 14
- The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has released the 5th monthly instalment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) Grant of Rs. 7,183.42 crore to 14 States.
- The grant has been released as per the recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has recommended a total Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 86,201 crores to 14 States for the financial year 2022-23.
- The recommended grant is released by the Department of Expenditure to the recommended States in 12 equated monthly instalments.
- With the release of 5th instalment for the month of August, 2022, the total amount of Revenue Deficit Grants released to the States in 2022-23 has gone up to Rs. 35,917.08 crore.
- The Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grants are provided to the States under Article 275 of the Constitution.
- The grants are released to the States as per the recommendations of the successive Finance Commissions to meet the gap in Revenue Accounts of the States post devolution.
- The States who have been recommended Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant by the Fifteenth Finance Commission during 2022-23 are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
19. Financial assistance of how many Lakhs provided to States/State Agencies under National Handloom Development Programme?
A) Rs 16845 lakhs
B) Rs 16584 lakhs
C) Rs 16854 lakhs
D) Rs 16548 lakhs
E) Rs 16458 lakhs
Answer: C) Rs 16854 lakhs
- Ministry of Textiles is implementing National Handloom Development Programme across the country for development of handlooms and welfare of weavers.
- Financial assistance of 16,854.84 Lakh provided to States/State Agencies from 2019-20 to 2022-23 (till 30.06.2022) under National Handloom Development Programme.
- Under the scheme, based on the proposals received from States/UTs, financial assistance is provided to eligible handloom agencies including State Handloom Agencies & Handloom Cooperative societies/weavers for implementation of various interventions like infrastructure development, purchase of upgraded looms & accessories, solar lighting units, construction of worksheds, design innovation, product development & diversification, capacity building, marketing of handloom products, Mudra loans at concessional rates etc.
- During the last three years and current year from 2019-20 to 2022-23 (till 30.06.2022), total number of 31,094 weavers have been provided looms and accessories in the country.
20. There are how many Startups in India?
Answer: E) 75000
- India in its 75th year of Independence is now home to as many as 75,000 startups.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy