Daily Current Affairs April 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 27| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 27
1. World Immunization Week is observed on?
A) 25 to 29 April
B) 24 to 30 April
C) 22 to 27 April
D) 23 to 28 April
E) 21 to 26 April
Answer: B) 24 to 30 April
- World Immunization Week is observed by the World Health Organization (WHO) in the last week of April (24 to 30 April).
- The week highlights the role of vaccines to protect people and communities from diseases.
- World Immunization Week is supported by WHO and multiple leading partners that include UNICEF, Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation among others.
- ‘Long Life for All’.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 27
2. Cabinet approved how many crores financial support for India Post Payments Bank?
A) Rs 828 crore
B) Rs 208 crore
C) Rs 802 crore
D) Rs 820 crore
E) Rs 280 crore
Answer: D) Rs 820 crore
- The Union Cabinet has approved financial support of Rs 820 crorefor India Post Payments Bank.
- The support will help state-run payments bank to penetrate deeper into the country, especially in the rural area and work towards financial inclusion.
- IPPB has over five crore accounts at present and operates through 36 lakh branches.
- Around 48 per cent of its account holders are women.
3. Maruti Suzuki joined hands with which Bank for car loans?
A) Indian Bank
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: A) Indian Bank
- Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) had joined hands with Indian Bank to facilitate easy finance for customers.
- As part of the partnership, the company’s customers can avail of the loan benefits in over 5,700 plus branches of Indian Bank at metro, urban, semi-urban and rural locations.
- Maruti Suzuki customers, under this exclusive scheme, can avail of loans up to 90 percent of the on-road price of the car besides getting benefits of zero processing charges, free accidental insurance cover up to Rs 30 lakh, free fast and repayment tenure up to 84 months on their loans.
- The scheme is open till June 30, 2022.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 27
4. Reliance Industries became____ Indian firm to hit Rs 19 lakh cr market valuation mark?
Answer: C) 1st
- Reliance Industries Limited became the first Indian company to hit the Rs 19 lakh crore market valuation mark following a rally in its share price.
- The market heavyweight stock jumped 85 per cent to its record high of Rs 2,827.10 on the BSE.
- Following the gain in the share price, the company’s market valuation jumped to Rs 1912814 crore in morning trade on the BSE.
- In March this year, the company’s market valuation had gone past Rs 18 lakh crore.
- Last year on October 13, the company’s market valuation went past Rs 17 lakh crore mark.
- Meanwhile, billionaire MukeshAmbani’s Reliance Industries Ltd has signed a formal shareholder agreement for the USD 2 billion TA’ZIZ chemical joint venture in the UAE and inked a pact to collaborate with ADNOC in finding and producing conventional and unconventional resources.
- So far this year, the stock has rallied over 19 per cent.
5. Paytm Insider partnered with whom?
Answer: E) Fastrack
- Paytm Insider, one of the country’s leading entertainment and digital experiences platforms, has facilitated a partnership between Fastrack and Artidote.
- This collaboration between the two entities intends to not only launch Fastrack’s new mental health initiative, ‘Unwind,‘ but is also bringing forth with Paytm Insider the ‘Artidote India Tour’ this April and May.
- Fastrack, through its ‘Unwind’ movement, is creating awareness about mental health and taking steps to normalise conversations around it for the youth.
- Not only that, but the initiative is also providing resources and information to help navigate the world of therapy as well as seek the right kind of support when needed.
- As a part of the initiative, the brand is sponsoring 500 hours of free therapy to young people.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs April 27
6. Airtel acquired____ stake in Cnergee Technologies?
Answer: D) 7%
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel had acquired around 7 per cent stake in cloud-based networking solutions provider Cnergee Technologies under the Airtel Startup Accelerator Program.
- The stake acquisition will enable Airtel to sharpen its NaaS proposition for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs), who are looking to accelerate their shift to cloud-based applications.
- Navi Mumbai-based Cnergee specializes in integrated networking solutions over cloud for businesses of all sizes.
- Airtel has bought the stake at mutually agreed pre-money enterprise valuation but did not disclose the valuation due to reasons of confidentiality.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 27
7. Generali Asia appointedwho among the following as MD and CEO of Future Generali India Life Insurance?
B) Miranjit Mukherjee
C) Bruce Wayne
D) Bruce de Broize
E) Bruce Mukherjee
Answer: D) Bruce de Broize
- Generali Asia has appointed Bruce de Broizeas Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Future Generali India Life Insurance (FGILI).
- He will take over from Miranjit Mukherjee who was serving as interim CEO since September 2021.
8. Political newcomer Robert Golobbecame Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: A) Slovenia
- Slovenia’s three-time Prime Minister JanezJansawas defeated in the national elections after the Freedom Movement (GS) won more votes than his Slovenian Democratic party.
- He was defeated Robert Golobwho is a newcomer to Slovenian politics and had established his party in January.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 27
9. Govt sets timeline rolled out 1st indigenous commercial chipsets by which year?
Answer: C) 2023-24
- The government has set a timeline to commercially roll out the first indigenous chipsets by 2023-24 under the Digital India RISC -V program
- The Minister of State for Electronics and IT said that the Digital India RISC-V (DIR-V) program aims to create future generations of microprocessors that will serve the need of India’s strategic focus on mobility, computing, and digitization.
- The first set of commercial silicon of Shakti and Vega processors available by December 2023 or early 2024.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 27
10. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited commenced Main Airframe Fatigue Test of LCA Mk1 in which of the following place?
Answer: E) Bengaluru
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has commenced the Main Airframe Fatigue Test (MAFT) of the LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) Mk1 airframe at its Ground Test Centre of the Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) in Bengaluru.
- The MAFT test facility was inaugurated by Arup Chatterjee, Director (Engineering and Research and Development) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 27
11. World’s first floating city in which of the following country?
D) South Korea
Answer: D) South Korea
- As a pilot project of the United Nations, Busan plans to be the first city to adopt a “floating city” wherein some parts would be ready by 2025 at Busan,South Korea.
- The plans are afoot to make it a self-sustained city with its own water recycling plant and solar panels for its power generation.
- The city would adopt a method to recycle, treat and produce its own clean water for use.
- Around 12,000 people could be accommodated in this floating city once complete, which has to be served by a zero-waste economy.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 27
12. Palli became India’s first ‘carbon neutral panchayat’ it is located in which state/UT?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: B) Jammu and Kashmir
- The nondescript hamlet of Palli in Jammu and Kashmir’s border district of Samba became the country’s first ‘carbon neutral panchayat’ with Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi dedicating to the nation a 500 KV solar plant, installed in a record time of nearly three weeks.
13. Tamil Nadu to observe Minorities Rights Day annually on which day of December?
A) December 18
B) December 31
C) December 05
D) December 20
E) December 19
Answer: A) December 18
- The Tamil Nadu government will observe December 18, every year, as Minorities Rights Day at the state level and about Rs 2.50 lakh will be earmarked for the purpose, Minister for Minorities Welfare and Non-Resident Tamils Welfare Gingee K S Masthan.
14. Cabinet approvedhow many crore investment for Kwar hydro power project in J&K?
A) Rs 5,426.12 cr
B) Rs 4,526.21cr
C) Rs 4,526.12 cr
D) Rs 4,256.12 cr
E) Rs 4,625.12 cr
Answer: C) Rs 4,526.12 cr
- The Union Cabinet approved a proposal to invest Rs 4,526.12 crore to construct 540 MW Kwar hydroelectric project in Jammu & Kashmir.
- It was informed that the project will generate 1,975.54 million units of electricity in a 90 per cent dependable year.
- It will be commissioned in 54 month.
15. Mango Festival in Thane is held between?
A) May 10 and 20
B) May 8 and 14
C) May 1 and 15
D) May 1 and 7
E) May 1 and 12
Answer: E) May 1 and 12
- The Mango Festival will be held between May 1 and 12.
- The production of Mango in Konkan which was 320000 MTs in 2019 reduced to 256000 MTs in 2020 and further dropped to just 1,28,000 MTs in 2021.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology