Daily Current Affairs April 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 28| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 28
1. World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed by?
Answer: C) ILO
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is celebrated every year on 28 April and aims to prevent occupational accidents and diseases.
- This day was declared by the International LabourOrganisation (ILO) to focus on preventing occupational accidents and diseases globally.
- ‘Act together to build a positive safety and health culture’.
2. International Girls in ICT Day is observed on?
A) April 27
B) April 25
C) April 26
D) April 24
E) April 28
Answer: E) April 28
- Every year, to encourage equal participation in ICT technologies, International Girls in ICT Day is celebrated on April 28.
- 11th anniversary.
- 1st Observed on 2011.
- “Access and Safety”
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 28
3. World Bank approved how many million for India’s Mission Karmayogi program?
A) $ 47 million
B) $ 74 billion
C) $ 47 billion
D) $ 74 million
E) $ 48 million
Answer: A) $ 47 million
- The World Bank had approved a USD 47 million project to support the Government of India’s Mission Karmayogi, a national program to build civil service capacity, the bank said in a statement.
- There are nearly 18 million civil servants employed across India, with approximately two-thirds at the state government and local authority level.
4. Which Bank launched India’s ‘open-for-all’ digital ecosystem for MSMEs?
B) ICICI Bank
Answer: B) ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank had launched a digital service for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that customers of other banks can use as well.
- The “digital ecosystem” offers enhanced banking services, banking services to MSMEs who are customers of other banks, and a range of value-added services for all.
5. Pencilton introduced contactless RuPay card in the form of ______?
Answer: D) Keychain
- Penciltonis a teen-focused fintech startup.
- Users can activate and manage their PencilKey keychain through the Pencilton app which is also used to load money, check spends, block/unblock the account, etc.
- Pencilton, a teen-focused fintech startup, has launched PencilKey, a National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) compliant RuPay contactless keychain, in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Transcorp.
6. Which SFB partneredKyndryl to drive digital, IT transformation?
A) Suryoday SFB
E) AU SFB
Answer: A) Suryoday SFB
- Suryoday Bank will partner Kyndryl to drive its technology transformation program, improve operational efficiency, and increase digital banking adoption among its customers as part of a five-year transformation deal.
- Kyndryl will provide advisory and implementation services to the bank to deploy and support a new core banking system and integrate with digital channels to deliver an agile banking platform that accelerates retail business growth and enhances the bank’s customer experience.
- Kyndryl will manage the bank’s critical core and mobile banking application ecosystem and provide deep expertise in hybrid cloud services, data analytics, and IP-based transformation services frameworks to enable the bank’s digital transformation journey.
- Apart from modernising the bank’s technology and network connectivity, Kyndryl will also provide security and resiliency services using Kyndryl’s Cyber Resiliency Orchestrator to ensure the bank remains compliant with current and future risk management guidelines and regulatory requirements.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 28
7. Fintech platfromFidyPay partneredwith whom to push financial inclusion?
B) Nainital Bank
C) RBL Bank
E) Yes Bank
Answer: E) Yes Bank
- Fintech API platform for FidyPayhad partnered with Yes Bank, a move that will extend the digital facilitation to a wide range of businesses, including SMEs, Fintechs, and start-ups.
- As part of the alliance, FidyPay will be enabling a seamless connected banking experience to Yes Bank’s customers.
- Apart from this, FidyPay will also be the solution provider for UPI services.
- The company said it is looking forward to catering to 10 million SME, MSME through such banking collaborations as well as extensive network of government channels which Yes Bank has acquired over the years to enable them on digital payment integrated solutions.
8. Which Bank partnered with Headstart and Anthill to support promising startups?
A) Woori Bank
B) Citi Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) Barclays Bank
E) Doha Bank
Answer: C) DBS Bank
- Launches DBS BusinessClassfoundED, a forum that celebrates modern-day founders and innovators and encourages entrepreneurship.
- In line with its vision to support entrepreneurs and innovators, DBS Bank India has partnered with startup venture capital fund Anthill Ventures and evangelist network Headstart Network Foundation to launch DBS Business Class foundED.
- This forum will be held across cities in India and will celebrate modern-day founders, innovators, and game-changers to foster co-innovation and collaboration in the startup ecosystem.
- The first event of DBS BusinessClassfoundEDwas recently hosted in Hyderabad with actor, entrepreneur and investor Rana Daggubatias the keynote speaker.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 28
9. Parimatch News Ropeedwho among the following as its Brand Ambassador?
A) Kuldeep Yadav
B) Dinesh Karthik
D) Rohit Sharma
E) KL Rahul
Answer: B) Dinesh Karthik
- ParimatchNews – a sports, e-sports and entertainment outlet that is dedicated to producing high-quality sports coverage and cutting-edge analytics for all sports fans across India – has signed the in-form Dinesh Karthik as its brand ambassador.
10. Vijay Sampla appointed NCSC chairperson for _____ time?
Answer: D) 2nd
- BJP leader and former Union minister Vijay Samplahas been appointed as the chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) for a second time.
- Sampla had resigned as the NCSC chairman ahead of the Punjab elections and had contested the polls.
- Sampla, a prominent Dalit politician from Punjab, began his political career in 1998 as the Sarpanch of Sofipind village in Jalandhar Cantonment.
- He has also served in the Punjab government.
- He was the Chairman of Punjab Khadi Board from 2008-2012 and the Chairman of Punjab State Forest Development Corporation in 2014.
- He was then elected to the Lok Sabha from Hoshiarpur, Punjab, and became a Union minister in 2015.
11. Which Small Finance Bank appointedAnshul Swami as Managing Director & CEO?
A) Shivalik SFB
E) AU SFB
Answer: A) Shivalik SFB
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB) announced the appointment of Anshul Swami as Managing Director & CEO effective from April 26.
- Anshul is a seasoned banker with over 20 years of rich experience across various customer and geographic segments He has worked across various customer segments like Retail, MSME, Microfinance and Agri.
- Prior to Shivalik SFB, Anshul was associated with RBL Bank as Head – Retail & Inclusion, Products.
- He has also held positions with Barclays, Citi Financial, and Britannia.
- At Shivalik, Anshul will be tasked with building out Shivalik as a Digital first bank with a focus on small business and expanding the bank’s footprint across the country.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 28
12. Which country’s cinnamon got GI certification?
B) South Africa
C) Sri Lanka
Answer: C) Sri Lanka
- Ceylon Cinnamon received the Geographical Indication (GI) certification from the European Union making it Sri Lanka’s first GIcertified product.
- The GI application was made by Sri Lanka Export Development Board and supported by the EU under the EU-Sri Lanka Trade Related Assistance Project and through technical assistance from UNIDO and the International Trade Centre (ITC).
- Sri Lanka is the world’s largest producer and exporter of cinnamon accounting for 90 per cent of the global market share.
- Although there are many varieties of cinnamon, Ceylon Cinnamon is pure and considered superior due to its delicate taste and properties that contribute many health benefits.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 28
13. Google signed MoU with which state/UTgovt to bring benefits of digital economy to youth, women entrepreneurs?
A) Andra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Telangana
- Google signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Telangana government to bring benefits of digital economy to youth and women entrepreneurs, and also kicked off the ground-up development of its three million square foot building in the city.
- The MoU was exchanged in the presence of Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao.
- Under the new initiative, Google will collaborate with the government through its various arms to extend scholarships for Google Career Certificates to Telangana’s youth, support women entrepreneurs through digital, Business and financial skills training, and strengthen the government’s school modernisationefforts with digital teaching and learning tools and solutions.
- As part of the joint effort, Google will also support the Telangana government’s efforts to improve public transportation and use of digital technologies in agriculture.
14. ZED certification scheme launched for whom?
D) Street Vendor
Answer: B) MSME
- Union Minister Narayan Rane launched a sustainable certification scheme (ZED) to facilitate MSMEs to adopt ‘Zero Defect Zero Effect’ practices and become energy efficient while improving quality through increased compliance with manufacturing processes.
- MSMEs can reduce wastages substantially, increase productivity, enhance environmental consciousness, save energy, optimally use natural resources, expand their markets, etc. through the ZED certification scheme, a part of the MSME Champions scheme.
- The ZED certification scheme will be beneficial towards improving quality, increasing manufacturing output and profits and controlling the detrimental impact on the environment.
15. IndiGo became _____ airline in Asia to land using GAGAN aided approach?
Answer: D) 1st
- IndiGo had become the first Airline in Asia to conduct Localiser Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV)
- IndiGo conducted the LPV approach on its ATR 72-600 aircraft, equipped with GAGAN, at Kishangarh Airport (Ajmer).
- GAGAN, an acronym for GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation, is an indigenously developed Space Based Augmentation System (SBAS), jointly developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Airports Authority of India (AAI) to provide lateral and vertical guidance on an approach, approximating the accuracy of a Category I ILS.
- LPV capability provides the airline operators a precise and near-precision instrument approach option with the lowest minima relative to other approach options, when Instrument Landing System (ILS) is either not installed or unavailable, especially in case of the regional connectivity scheme (RCS) airports.
16. Govt approved how many crore subsidy for P&K fertilisers for Apr-Sep period?
A) Rs 60,939
B) Rs 60,639
C) Rs 90,636
D) Rs 90,939
E) Rs 60,993
Answer: A) Rs 60,939
- The government approved a subsidy of Rs 60,939.23 crore for phosphatic and potassicfertilisers, including DAP, for the first six months of this fiscal as part of efforts to provide soil nutrients to farmers at an affordable price.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the proposal for Nutrient Based Subsidy (NBS) rates for Phosphatic and Potassic (P&K) fertilisers for Kharif Season, which is from April 1 to September 30.
- Subsidy approved by the Cabinet for the NBS Kharif-2022 will be Rs 60,939.23 crore, including support for indigenous fertiliser (SSP) through freight subsidy and additional support for indigenous manufacturing and imports of DAP.
- The increase in the international prices of Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP) and its raw materials have been primarily absorbed by the Union government.
- The Union government has decided to provide subsidy of Rs 2,501 per bag on DAP instead of existing subsidy of Rs 1,650 per bag which is a 50 per cent increase over the last year’s subsidy rates.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy