Daily Current Affairs April 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 26| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 26
1. Chernobyl Remembrance Day is observed on?
A) April 25
B) April 26
C) April 24
D) April 20
E) April 23
Answer: B) April 26
- April 26 is observed as the International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day to raise awareness about the consequences of the deadly nuclear disaster, which took place on the same day in 1986.
- After the 30th anniversary of the accident, on December 8, 2016, the United Nations adopted the resolution and proclaimed April 26 as the International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day.
2. World Intellectual Property 1st observed on?
Answer: D) 2000
- Every year, on April 26, people throughout the world celebrate World Intellectual Property Day.
- The purpose of the day is to create public awareness about the importance of intellectual property rights, including patents, copyright, trademarks, and designs.
- As a result of the 1970 implementation of the WIPO Convention, member nations of the organisation proclaimed April 26th, 2000, as World Intellectual Property Day.
- “IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 26
3. FIFA U-17 Women’s WC India 2022 ‘Kick Off The Dream’ carnival hosted in which of the following city?
D) New Delhi
Answer: E) Mumbai
- The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 launched the ‘Kick off The Dream’ football carnival at the NMMC Yashwant Rao Chavan Ground in Navi Mumbai.
- More than 650 children from various schools in the Navi Mumbai area took part in various activities at the event.
- The football carnival featured a host of football-themed fun-filled games, activities and challenges all focused on the idea of football for all.
- The main goal of the ‘Kick off The Dream’ football carnival is to encourage children to break gender stereotypes by normalizing inclusive participation through football-themed activities.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 26
4. RBI imposes how many crores penalty on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance?
A) Rs 1.11 crore
B) Rs 1.22 crore
C) Rs 1.12 crore
D) Rs 2.12 crore
E) Rs 1.21 crore
Answer: C) Rs 1.12 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had imposed a penalty of Rs 1.12 crore on Bank of Maharashtra for non-compliance with certain regulatory directions, including those for know your customer norms.
- This action is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with customers.
5. Which Payment Bank partnered with IndusInd Bank to offer FD facility?
A) Airtel Payment Bank
B) Jio Payment Bank
C) India Post Payment Bank
D) NSDLPayment Bank
E) Fino Payment Bank
Answer: A) Airtel Payment Bank
- Airtel Payments Bank had partnered with IndusInd Bank to offer fixed deposit (FD) facilities to its customers. Customers can now book fixed deposits starting from Rs 500 up to Rs 190,000 within minutes through a seamless digital journey on the Airtel Thanks app.
- With this partnership, Airtel Payments Bank’s savings account customers will get an interest rate of up to 6.5 per cent per annum and senior citizens will get an additional 0.5 per cent on all fixed deposits.
- Customers can book multiple FDs for a fixed duration of either 1, 2 or 3 years.
- Customers can dissolve an FD before the maturity date through the Airtel Thanks app, and no penalty or processing fee will be charged on pre-mature withdrawals.
- The invested amount will be credited back to the linked account within minutes.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 26
6. Elon Musk to buy Twitter for how many billion dollar?
Answer: D) 44
- Elon Musk clinched a deal to buy Twitter Incfor $44 billion in a transaction that will shift control of the social media platform populated by millions of users and global leaders to the world’s richest person.
- Under pressure, Twitter started negotiating with Musk to buy the company at the proposed $54.20 per share price.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 26
7. Zebronics roped Janhvi Kapoor as its _____ female brand ambassador?
Answer: B) 1st
- Zebronics, leading Indian IT Peripherals, consumer electronics & wearables brand has roped in Janhvi Kapoor as the brand ambassador for smartwatches and audio products with ZebronicsForLife campaign.
- Celebrating freespiritedmillennials, music enthusiasts, and those who love to vibe with their troop.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 26
8. Pradhan inaugurated satellite centre of IIM Shillong in which of the following state?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Arunachal Pradesh
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a satellite centre of IIM Shillong at Tawangin Arunachal Pradesh.
- The initiative will help build the capacity of administrative officers of the state, especially in management skills and necessary policy interventions.
- The satellite centre is a result of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed by the Arunachal Pradesh government and the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Policy Research & Analysis, IIM Shillong.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 26
9. Flipkart signed MoU with which of the followinggovt to support artisans, weavers, handicraft makers?
A) West Bengal
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: A) West Bengal
- Flipkart had signed a memorandum of understanding with the West Bengal government to train and support local artisans, weavers and handicraft makers to leverage its e-commerce platform to scale up their businesses nationally.
- The agreement was signed with the state’s micro, small and medium enterprises and textiles department.
- Under this partnership, it will provide time-bound incubation support and training benefits to underserved communities.
10. International conservation centre for Olive Ridley to come up in which of the following city?
Answer: E) Chennai
- The Tamil Nadu government would establish an international conservation and rehabilitation centre to protect Olive Ridley turtles in Chennai and also initiate measures to declare the Nanjarayan tank, a biodiversity hotspot in Tiruppur district, as the State’s 17th bird sanctuary.
- The mission to protect the turtles and their habitats would be set up here at a cost of Rs 6.3 crore.
- The centre would foster research, awareness and related activities on the turtles.
- Steps woud be taken to set up the Cauvery south wildlife sanctuary adjacent to the Cauvery north wildlife sanctuary.
- The government would set up a marine elite force for strategic protection of the coastal and marine biodiversity, prevention of wildlife poaching and illegal trade in the coastal regions as the marine resources are constantly exploited for economic reasons.
- The government would set up forest sniffer dog squad units for detection of forest and wildlife offences besides a forest and wildlife crime control bureau to detect and prevent planned wildlife crimes.
11. K’taka Health Min sets target to make state Malaria free by which year?
Answer: C) 2027
- Karnataka Health Minister K Sudhakarasked the Health Department officials to take it as a challenge and make the state Malaria free by 2027, three years before the Union government target of 2030.
12. Civil Aviation and Himachal Pradesh signed MoU for development of which of the following Airport?
A) Kadapa Airport
E) Nagchala Airport
Answer: E) Nagchala Airport
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh signed MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) for development of a Green Field Airport in Nagchala, Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh.
- The new Greenfield airport at Nagchala, Mandi is being developed under the Greenfield Airport Policy of MoCA, and a Joint Venture Company between State Government of Himachal Pradesh and Airport Authority of India has been formed. The projected land requirement for airport is 515 acres approx. and the project is estimated to cost around Rs 900 crore excluding the cost of land.
13. PM Modi kickstarts ____ edition of Raisina 2022 dialogue?
Answer: A) 7th
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi kickstarted the 7th edition of the annual Raisina Dialogue where ideas defining the emerging global realities, challenges, and solutions will be discussed.
- The Raisina Dialogue, which is being held between April 25 and April 27, is India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics.
- It is a forum that brings together India’s friends and partners-seeking common ground where there are divergences and encouraging further collaboration in areas of convergence.
- Hosted by the Observer Research Foundation (ORF) and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, the Dialogue, since its inception in 2016, has been committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- The theme for this year’s Raisina Dialogue, ” Terra Nova: Impassioned, Impatient, and Imperilled,” seeks to interrogate the responses to all three watersheds.
14. Knowledge Sharing Agreement signed between Delhi and which of the following state?
E) West Bengal
Answer: B) Punjab
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwalannounced that a Knowledge Sharing Agreement had been signed between the state government of Delhi and Punjab.
- The Punjab government will replicate Delhi’s education model in the state where students from all economic backgrounds will get quality education.
15. Union Minister Sonowal inaugurated Odisha’s 1st riverine jetty at which of the following port?
A) Mormugao Port
E) Kandla Port
Answer: D) Paradeep Port
- The newly-developed as well as Odisha’s first-ever riverine jetty inaugurated at the prime port city of Paradeep by Hon’ble Shri SarbanandaSonowal, Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways & AYUSH.
- Paradeep will be one of the best destinations for maritime trade and forge better exim (export & import) relations with the neighbouring countries.
- The riverine jetty will open up a new dimension to the transport sector with the use of multi-modal transport system.
- This will also help boost the country’s economy in multiple ways by lowering the load on roadways and railways and by using a lower emission mode.
- This will further help the industries interested in the utilization of the gypsum as a raw material.
- Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative (IFFCO) Ltd, a leading fertilizer firm in the country, has started the riverine jetty to explore the possibility of using waterways as a feasible mode of transport.
16. Anurag Thakur launched short video series ‘Azadi Ki AmritKahaniya’ in partnership with who among the following?
B) Amazon Prime
C) Zee 5
E) Disney Hotstar
Answer: A) Netflix
- As part of the celebration of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav, inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 12th March 2021, Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched ‘Azadi Ki AmritKahaniya’, a short video series created in collaboration with OTT platform,
- This initiative aims to bring out inspiring stories of Indians and these stories shall motivate and empower more people to achieve their goals.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology