Daily Current Affairs April 25
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 25. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 25| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 25
1. English Language Day is observed on?
A) April 24
B) April 21
C) April 25
D) April 22
E) April 23
Answer: E) April 23
- April 23 marks the UN English Language Day.
- The day is observed to spread awareness and respect for the history, culture and achievements of each of the six UN working languages.
- In 2010, the Department of Global Communications decided to observe April 23 as English Language Day.
2. World Malaria Day was 1st observed on?
Answer: C) 2008
- Every year the global communities observe World Malaria Day on April 25.
- The day is observed globally to raise awareness among people about this life-threatening disease that continues to pose a threat to mankind.
- In 2007, the idea of observing World Malaria Day was seeded from Africa Malaria Day, which is an event that the African government has been observing against the disease since 2001.
- 1st held in 2008.
- Back then, the WHO proposed that Africa Malaria day be changed to World Malaria Day at the 60th session of the World Health Assembly.
- “Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save lives.”
3. International Delegate’s Day is observed on 25 April and the resolution to observe that day was passed on?
Answer: A) 2019
- 25 April marks International Delegate’s Day in order to raise awareness of the role of the representatives and delegates of Member States to the United Nations.
- On April 25 1945 in San Francisco delegates from 50 countries came together.
- Resolution passed on 02/04/2019.
- 1st observed 2020.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 25
4. Khelo India University Games is held at which of the following states?
A) Andra Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Karnataka
- In Khelo India University Games, Weightlifter Govind Sunil Mahajan won gold and Uday Anil Mahajan won silver to help KaviyatriBahinabai Chaudhuri North Maharashtra University top the medal table.
- MaharshiDayanand University’s KomalKoharwon gold in the women’s weightlifting 45kg class.
- Over at the shooting range, Delhi University’s PaarthMakhija, top the list, with 628.6 points.
5. IDCA to organise ‘Women’s T20 National CricketC’ship for Deaf 2022’ in which of the following city?
Answer: B) Mumbai
- The Indian Deaf Cricket Association (IDCA) is organising the Women’s 3rd T20 National Cricket Championship for Deaf 2022 in Mumbai between april 26 to 29.
- The 4-day tournament will see 8 teams from across the country competing for the coveted T20 Championship title.
- The 20-over tournament to be held in Islam Gymkhana, Marine Lines, Mumbai, will witness some of the best deaf cricket female talents from across the country.
- Players from Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi and everyone connected with IDCA will be participating in the tournament.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 25
6. Who among the following engaged with TCS for digital transformation?
A) SBI Card
Answer: A) SBI Card
- TCS had signed a deal with SBI Card that will help digitalise and transform online onboarding processes of the latter’s customers and will further enable the client to expand its e-card issuance.
- It, however, did not disclose value of the deal.
- TCS has been serving the largest pure play credit card issuer in the country for a decade and the new deal is an expansion of the engagement.
- The deal will help digitalise and transform online onboarding processes of customers for SBI Card and will further enable the client to expand its e-card issuance.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 25
7. Macron won Presidential election of which of the following country?
Answer: C) France
- Emmanuel Macron comfortably defeated far-right rival Marine Le Pen in the second round of France’s presidential election, winning 58.55% of the votes against 41.45% for Le Pen.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 25
8. 2022 Laureus World Sports Awards is hosted at which of the following country?
Answer: E) Spain
- The Winners of the 2022 Laureus World Sports Awards have been unveiled at a digital ceremony hosted from Seville.
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year – F1 world champion Max Verstappen
- Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year – Jamaican Olympic sprint queen Elaine Thompson-Herah
- Laureus Team of the Year – Italian Men’s Football Team (2nd time)
- Laureus Breakthrough of the Year Award – Global tennis sensation Emma Raducanu
- Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award – Tom Brady (7 winner of the Super Bowl)
- Laureus Academy Exceptional Achievement Award – Robert Lewandowski
- Laureus Sporting Icon Award – Motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 25
9. MG Motor India partners with who among the following to bolster EV charging infrastructure?
Answer: B) BPCL
- Automaker MG Motor India had partnered with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) to bolster EV charging infrastructure across the country.
- The partnership with BPCL will add momentum to EV adoption by expanding opportunities for intercity travel as the two entities will install EV chargers across highways and within cities.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 25
10. Which edition of 4-day Naval Commanders’ Conference commenced in New Delhi?
Answer: D) 1st
- The first edition of four-day Naval Commanders‘ Conference commenced in New Delhi.
- The conference will focus on addressing the contemporary security paradigms while seeking ways to enhance combat capability of the Navy and make operations more effective and efficient.
- A detailed review of the performance of weapons and sensors, ongoing naval projects – with focus on ways to enhance indigenisation through ‘Make in India’ will be undertaken by the Commanders.
- The Commanders’ Conference is being conducted in the newly set up state-of-the-art facility at Defence Offices Complex at Africa Avenue in New Delhi.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 25
11. India ____ country to launch Trade and Technology Council with EU?
Answer: E) 2nd
- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyenwelcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to launch the European Union-India Trade and Technology Council, the second such initiative for the 27-member bloc following the first one set up with the US.
- This comes as PM Modi and the EU chief held bilateral talks in New Delhi, where they reviewed progress in the India-EU strategic partnership and agreed to deepen cooperation in areas of trade, climate, digital technology and people-to-people ties.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 25
12. Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 completed _____ years?
Answer: A) 4
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, UBA 2.0 has completed four year.
- In 2018, the UBA 2.0 was launched with the vision of transformational change in rural development processes.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship programmeof the Education Ministry which aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with set of atleast five villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- Its objective is also to engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions in understanding rural realities.
- Currently 748 Institutions are participating under the scheme. In the phase -2 of the scheme 605 institutions have been selected.
- Out of these 313 are Technical Institutions and 292 are Non-Technical Institutions.
13. Govt sets target to eliminate Malaria from the country by which year?
Answer: C) 2030
- The government has set a target of eliminating Malaria from the country by 2030 and making the country TB free by 2025.
- The country had registered around 86 percent decline in Malaria cases and around 79 percent decline in deaths due to Malaria since 2015.
14. India’s first AmritSarovar prepared in which of the following state/UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
- With the efforts of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led government in Uttar Pradesh, India’s first ‘AmritSarovar’ had been completed in Rampur’s Gram Panchayat Patwai.
- Under the AmritSarovar initiative, 75 water bodies will be developed and rejuvenated in each district as part of
- Out of the selected ponds, the work of pond of village panchayat Patwai of development block Shahbad was completed.
- Now the work on pond having the largest area (1.67 hectare) in Gram Panchayat SinganKhedahas also started.
- In the next three months, this pond, which is littered with garbage, will become centre of rural tourism in the form of ‘AmritSarovar’.
15. Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 10 NH projects of ____kms worth Rs.8181 Cr in Solapur, Maharashtra?
A) 392 kms
B) 293 kms
C) 922 kms
D) 292 kms
E) 229 kms
Answer: D) 292 kms
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 10 National Highway projects of 292 kmsworth 8181 Crores in Solapur, Maharashtra.
- These highway projects will facilitate access to spiritual sites in the city and district and will also help in smoothing the transportation of agricultural goods.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology