Daily Current Affairs April 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 20| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 20
1.UN Chinese Language Day is globally observed on?
A) April 19
B) April 21
C) April 20
D) April 18
E) April 17
Answer: C) April 20
- UN Chinese Language Day is observed globally on April 20 every year.
- The 1stChinese Language Day was celebrated in 2010 on the 12th of November, but since 2011 the date has been on the 20th of April.
- The day celebrates multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as promote equal use of all six of its official working languages throughout the organization.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 20
2.Asian Wrestling C’ships: India won how many bronze medals?
Answer: E) 3
- Indian Greco-Roman wrestlers Sunil Kumar, Arjun Halakurki and Neeraj bagged bronze medals on the opening day of the Asian Wrestling Championships 2022, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Former Asian champion Sunil defeated local wrestler BatbayarLutbayar.
- In the 55kg category, Arjun beat Mongolia’s
- Neeraj defeated IslomjonBakhramovfrom Uzbekistan in the 63kg category.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs April 20
3.HDFC to sell how many percent stake in HDFC Capital to ADIA for Rs 184 crore?
A) 14 %
B) 19 %
C) 9 %
D) 15 %
E) 10 %
Answer: E) 10 %
- Mortgage lender HDFC Ltd had entered into binding agreements to sell 10 percent of its equity stake in HDFC Capital Advisors Ltd (HDFC Capital) to Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) for Rs 184 crore.
- ADIA is also the primary investor in the alternative investment funds managed by HDFC Capital.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 20
4.Rajeev Verma posted as new chief secretary of which of the following state/UT?
C) Andra Pradesh
E) New Delhi
Answer: A) Puducherry
- The Union Home Ministry has posted Rajeev Vermaas the new Chief Secretary of Puducherry.
- Then present Chief Secretary Ashwani Kumar, an IAS officer of AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram, and other Union Territories) cadre and belonging to the 1992 batch had been shifted to New Delhi.
5.Senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar appointed as chief secretary of which of the following state/UT?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- Consequent upon voluntary retirement of Vijay Dev, IAS (AGMUT: 1987).
- Naresh Kumar IAS (AGMUT: 1987) is hereby appointed as chief secretary of GNCTD with effect from April 21, 2022 or with effect from date of joining, whichever is later.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 20
6.Which ministry will host ‘National Metallurgist Award 2021’?
A) Ministry of Finance
B) Ministry of External Affairs
C) Ministry of Home Affairs
D) Ministry of Steel
E) Ministry of Defence
Answer: D) Ministry of Steel
- Steel ministry will host the ‘National Metallurgist Award 2021’ event to recognize contributions of metallurgists working in the field of iron and steel.
- National Metallurgist Award was instituted by Ministry of Steel after extensive deliberations with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- The ministry in a statement said the award programme will be chaired by Union Minister of Steel Ram Chandra Prasad Singh.
- The programme aims to recognise the outstanding contribution of metallurgists/engineers working in the field of iron and steel covering manufacturing, research and development (R&D), design, education, waste management, energy conservation and their specific contribution to achieve objectives of government’s Aatmanirbhar Bharat mission.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 20
7.Mobile app for ____ edition ofKhelo India University Games launched?
Answer: A) 2nd
- The second edition of Khelo India University Games to be held in the tech capital of Bengaluru will have its own mobile app.
- This app launched a single point reference for all the information on the University games to be inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on 24th April.
- The app will provide information on accommodation, food, transport service and timings, emergency contact numbers, maps to reach the stadiums among other things.
- The app can be downloaded from the play store for free.
- Post Covid third wave, this will be India’s first largest sporting event with participation of over 4500 sports persons from 189 Universities in 20 disciplines.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 20
8.World’s longest glass bridge nearly completed in which of the following country?
Answer: E) Vietnam
- The 2,073.5-foot-long glass bridge set to open to the public soon is believed to be the longest glass bridge in the world.
- Bach Long Bridge in Son La Province,Moc Chau Island,Vietnam.
- The bridge, suspended nearly 500 feet over the ground, has a deck made from super tempered glass produced by French company St. Gobain.
- The record is currently held by 1,410.7-foot-long glassbridge over the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon in China’s Hunan Province.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 20
9.J-K govt launched first ever Gobhardhan plant in which of the following place?
B) Ranbir Singh Pura block
Answer: B) Ranbir Singh Pura block
- Lieutenant Governor virtually launched the J&K’s first ever Gobardhan plant in a hamlet in Jammu district for safe management of cattle and organic waste and converting it into bio-gas as a national priority programme.
- The Commissioner Secretary, Rural Development Department (RDD), Mandeep Kaur, virtually inaugurated J&K’s first functional Gobardhan plant constructed under Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G) at village panchayat at Gigian of R S Pura block.
10.Which of the following state inaugurated Bengal Global Business Summit?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Answer: D) West Bengal
- West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS), a mega show of the West Bengal government inviting investments from the industrialists across the globe, after a gap of two years owing to global pandemic.
- The Governor inaugurated the BGBS in the presence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, industrialists from across the country and delegates from 19 countries.
11.Ministry of Defence signed MoUs with Ministry of AYUSH to start Ayurveda Centres at __ Cantonment & ___ AFMS military hospitals?
A) 12 & 15
B) 12 & 37
C) 37 & 12
D) 37 & 15
E) 15 & 12
Answer: C) 37 & 12
- Two MoUs have been signed by Ministry of Defence (MoD) with Ministry of AYUSH (MoA), one for starting Ayurveda Centres at 37 Cantonment Hospitals and another for starting Ayurveda Centres at 12 Military Hospitals of Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS).
- These MoUs were signed during the three-day mega event, Global Ayush Investment &Innovation Summit, organised at Mahatma Mandir,Gandhinagar,Gujarat from April 20-22, 2022.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the august gathering during the inaugural function, where Director General, World Health Organisation (WHO) was also present.
Over All Review
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology