Daily Current Affairs April 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 19| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 19
1. National Fire Service Day is celebrated to commemorates the incident happened in which year?
Answer: C) 1944
- National Fire Service Day is observed on April 14 across India.
- The Day commemorates the 71 Fire Service personnel who lost their lives during an unfortunate and massive explosion at Mumbai dockyard on April 14, 1944.
- Fire service week is observed from April 14 to April 20 throughout India to spread awareness among the public regarding fire safety.
- “Learn Fire Safety, Increase Productivity”.
2. World Liver Day is celebrated on?
A) April 19
B) April 17
C) April 16
D) April 15
E) April 18
Answer: A) April 19
- World Liver Day is celebrated on April 19 across the world every year.
- The purpose of this day is to raise awareness about liver-related disorders and diseases.
- Last year theme – ‘keep your liver healthy and disease-free’.
- This year not announced.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 19
3. RBI imposes monetary penalty of _____ on Manappuram Finance for non-compliance of KYC, PPI norms?
A) Rs 1769365
B) Rs 1763695
C) Rs 1673965
D) Rs 1793665
E) Rs 1763965
Answer: E) Rs 1763965
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed monetary penalty of Rs 1763965 on Manappuram Finance Limited for non-compliance with certain provisions of the Master Direction on Issuance and Operation of Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs) dated October 11, 2017 (updated as on February 28, 2020) and the Master Direction – Know Your Customer (KYC) Direction dated February 25, 2016 (as updated on April 20, 2020).
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 19
4. KVIC sets up over how many new units under PMEGP in 2021-22?
A) 1.5 lakh
B) 1 lakh
C) 5 lakh
D) 10 lakh
E) 2 lakh
Answer: B) 1 lakh
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has established over one lakh new units and created 8.25 lakh jobs under Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) during the financial year ended March 2022.
- This is for the first time since the launch of the PMEGP Scheme in 2008 KVIC has established over one lakh new units in a financial year, the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- A total 103219 units have been established at a total capital of nearly Rs 12,000 crore.
- Out of the Rs 12,000 crore, capital investment, KVIC disbursed a margin money subsidy of Rs 2978 crore while the bank credit flow was nearly Rs 9,000 crore.
- The margin money subsidy of Rs 2978 crore given by KVIC in the year 2021-22 is also the highest since 2008.
- This led to the creation of 825752 new employment opportunities.
5. Insurance scheme for healthcare workers on covid duty extended for how many days?
Answer: D) 180
- The Union Health Ministry had been decided to extend the policy to provide a safety net to dependents of health workers who are deputed to take care of COVID-19 patients.
- The launch of the Pradhan MantriGaribKalyan Package (PMGKP): insurance scheme for healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 on March 30, 2020, 1,905 claims of health workers who died while being deployed on COVID-19 related duties have been settled.
- It had been extended further for a period of 180 days.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs April 19
6. Who among the following company acquired ANS Commerce to strengthening e-commerce ecosystem in India?
Answer: A) Flipkart
- Walmart group’s e-commerce firm Flipkart had acquired ANS Commerce to strengthen its online retail ecosystem in the country.
- Post the acquisition ANS Commerce will continue to operate as an independent e-commerce solutions platform under its existing leadership team
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs April 19
7. Children’s book on life and times of BR Ambedkarreleased,who is the publisher of the book?
A) Ponytale Books
B) Penguin Publisher
C) Westland Publisher
D) Rupa Publisher
E) Jaico Publishing House
Answer: A) Ponytale Books
- A new book “The Boy Who Wrote a Constitution”, released on the occasion of Dr BR Ambedkar’s 131st birth anniversary, seeks to inform children of the challenging boyhood and growing up years of India’s first law minister.
- Written by playwright and author Rajesh Talwar.
- Published by Ponytale Books.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 19
8. Lloyd roped who among the following as Brand Ambassador for Eastern Indian markets?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) MS Dhoni
E) Rohit Sharma
Answer: C) Sourav Ganguly
- Electrical goods major Havells India consumer durables brand, Lloyd, has roped in former Indian cricket captain SouravGangulyas its Brand Ambassador for Eastern Indian markets.
9. Which of the following state/UT appointed Robin Uthappa as brand ambassador for Brain Health Initiative?
A) Andra Pradesh
Answer: E) Karnataka
- The Karnataka Government in association with NIMHANS and NitiAyoglaunched the Karnataka Brain Health Initiative (Ka-BHI) in January.
- The pilot project has also been announced in this year’s State Budget.
- The Government has appointed cricketer Robin Uthappaas the brand ambassador for brain and mental health programmes.
10. Govt appoints Lt Gen Pande as next Army Chief he will toke over whom?
A) Lt Gen YogendraDimri
B) Gen MM Naravane
C) Lt Gen Manoj Pande
D) Lt Gen Jai Singh Nain
E) Lt Gen Nav Kumar Khanduri
Answer: B) Gen MM Naravane
- Lt Gen ManojPandewill take charge as the 29thChief of the Army Staff after incumbent Gen MM Naravaneretires on April 30.
- Lt Gen Pande, currently serving as the Vice Chief, will become the first officer from the Corps of Engineers to take charge of the 1.3-million-strong force as the position has been held so far by officers from infantry, artillery and armoured regiments.
11. Khadim ropedwho among the following as Brand Ambassador?
A) Ishan Kishan
B) Subman Gill
C) Ruturaj Gaikwad
D) Shardul Thakur
E) Avesh Khan
Answer: D) Shardul Thakur
- Khadim, the homegrown footwear brand synonymous with affordable fashion, has roped in cricketer Shardul Thakur as their Brand Ambassador.
- Shardul, a bowling all-rounder, has represented the International Men’s cricket team across all formats since making his debut in 2017.
- He’s also signed with Delhi Capitals for the 2022 season of the Indian Premier League.
- The brand has launched the association with the campaign “It’sWowItsKhadim“.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 19
12. India’s first portable solar rooftop system unveiled in which of the following state/UT?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- The country’s first portable solar rooftop system was inaugurated at Swaminarayan Akshardham temple complex in Gandhinagar.
- The installation of 10 PV Port systems in the temple complex has been supported by the German development agency Deutsche Gesellschaft fur InternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- The systems have been installed under the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s initiative to develop renewable energy cities across India.
- Designed by GIZ, the PV Port systems are standard plug and play photovoltaic systems of a minimum of 2 kWp that come with or without battery storage.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 19
13. Defence Secretary inaugurates NATPOLREX-VIII of ICG off at which of the following harbour?
A) Mormugao harbour
B) Kandla harbour
C) Cochin harbour
D) Panambur harbour
E) Jawaharlal Nehru harbour
Answer: A) Mormugao harbour
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar inaugurated, on April 19, 2022, the 8th edition of two-day National Level Pollution Response Exercise, ‘NATPOLREX-VIII’, being conducted by Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mormugaoharbour, Goa.
- The marine spill preparedness exercise was inaugurated by the Defence Secretary in the presence of Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences Dr M Ravichandran, Director-General ICG Shri VS Pathania, DG South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme (SACEP) DrMdMasumur Rahman and various senior dignitaries from Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, National Disaster Response Force, India Meteorological Department, Indian Navy and State Pollution Control Board, Goa.
- The event is being attended by more than 85 participants from 50 agencies, including 29 observers from 22 friendly foreign countries & International Organisations and two Coast Guard ships from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- The objective of NATPOLREX-VIII is to enhance the preparedness and response capability of all the stakeholders in combating marine spills.
- It aims at validating the procedures and guidelines as contained in the National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan (NOSDCP) at the national and regional levels under the aegis of SACEP MoU to which India is a member state.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 19
14. India, Maldives inked how many MoUs to implement community development projects?
Answer: E) 7
- India and Maldives signed seven Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) for projects to be built under the Indian grant assistance scheme for the High Impact Community Development Project through local bodies (HICDP).
- MoUs were signed by the Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid and Indian High Commissioner, MunuMahawar, and the respective implementing agencies.
- MoUs will strengthen the Government’s efforts in fostering socio-economic development in local communities by promoting health and wellbeing, empowerment of youth and preservation and protection of culture and heritage.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 19
15. PM Modi to inaugurate WHO Global Centre for traditional medicine at which of the following place?
Answer: B) Jamnagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a three-day visit to Gujarat, will inaugurate the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine at Jamnagar.
- The Ministry of Ayushand the Government of Gujarat organized a curtain-raiser press conference to discuss two pertinent developments in the field of traditional medicine in India- the groundbreaking event of the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (GCTM) and the convening of the Global Ayush Investment and Innovation Summit (GAIIS).
- He also visited the new dairy complex and potato processing plant at Diyodar in Gujarat’s Banaskantha district, built at a cost of over Rs 600 crores.
- The new dairy complex is a green field project and will enable the processing of about 30 lakh litres of milk, produce about 80 tonnes of butter, one lakh litres of ice cream, 20 tonnes of condensed milk (Khoya) and 6 tonnes of chocolate
- The potato processing plant will produce different types of processed potato products like French fries, potato chips, aloo tikki, pattiesetc,many of which will be exported to other countries.
- These plants will empower the local farmers and give a boost to the rural economy in the region.
16. Who among the following unveiled statues of freedom fighters Rupakula Subrahmanyam and Rupakula Visalakshi?
A) Shri Ram NathKovind
B) Shri Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Narendra Modi
D) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu
E) Shri Amit Shah
Answer: D) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu visited the birthplace of noted freedom fighter and revolutionary, Shri Alluri Sitarama Raju in Pandrangi village near Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Vice President later visited the village of RamalayamBarlapeta and unveiled the busts of freedom fighters ShriRupakulaSubrahmanyamand RupakulaVisalakshi.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors
Science and Technology