Daily Current Affairs April 21
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 21. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 21| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 21
1. World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated on?
A) April 18
B) April 19
C) April 20
D) April 21
E) April 22
Answer: D) April 21
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated on April 21.
- The day is marked to raise awareness about the important roles that innovation and creativity play in every aspect of human development.
- The resolution by UN General Assembly was passed on April 27, 2017, and the first World Creativity and Innovation Day was celebrated in 2018.
- The day was founded on May 25, 2001 in Toronto, Canada.
2. National Civil Services Day was 1st celebrated in which year?
Answer: B) 2006
- April 21 is celebrated and observed as National Civil Services Day in India.
- The day is celebrated to commemorate the efforts of civil servants across departments and those who work relentlessly to keep the administrative machinery functioning smoothly.
- The day was first celebrated in the year 2006 in New Delhi’s VigyanBhawan.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 21
3. How many Indian players named among Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year?
Answer: A) 2
- Indian men’s team captain Rohit Sharma and star pacer JaspritBumrahhave been named among Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year.
- Apart from them, Ollie Robinson, Devon Conway and Dane Van Niekerkwere also named Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year.
- South Africa’s Lizelle Lee is the new leading women’s cricketer in the world.
- Former England skipper Joe Root has been named Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World in 2022, days after stepping down as Test captain.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 21
4. Who among the following issued new guidelines for credit, debit cards?
E) Finance Ministry
Answer: C) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released master directions for credit and debit card issuance in the year 2022.
- These fresh guidelines will come into effect from July 1, 2022.
- The guidelines apply to banks excluding payment banks, state co-operative banks, and district central co-operative banks.
- Also, all NBFCs operating in India should follow the new norms of card issuance.
- Card issuers are banks that issue debit or credit cards and NBFCs which have been permitted by RBI to issue credit cards in India.
5. India to provide additional how much million assistance to Sri Lanka for fuel?
A) $400 million
B) $550 million
C) $450 million
D) $600 million
E) $500 million
Answer: E) $500 million
- India will provide an additional $500 million in financial assistance to Sri Lanka for it to buy fuel.
- Adding Bangladesh was also willing to postpone a $450 million in swap repayments.
6. Which Payments Bank received RBI nod to offer partner bank’s FD, RD services?
A) Airtel Payment Bank
B) Fino Payment Bank
C) JioPayment Bank
D) NSDLPayment Bank
E) India Post Payment Bank
Answer: B) Fino Payment Bank
- Fino Payments Bank had received the RBI approval for commencing referral services of fixed deposit (FD) and recurring deposit (RD) on behalf of a partner bank.
- RBI stated that Fino Bank can carry out referral services of term deposit products in the form of FD and RD as a Business Correspondent of Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB).
- Fino partnered with SSFB to offer a sweep account facility to its customers to address the Rs 1 lakh end of the day deposit limit, which was later revised to Rs 2 lakh.
- The FD and RD referral services will be offered to Fino Bank’s over 3.9 million customers who are aspirational and need access to these products to ensure their financial needs are met.
- The service is expected to go live in the second quarter of FY23.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs April 21
7. Dr Mansukh Mandaviya releasedbook Journey of NAMS during ____ Foundation Day?
Answer: D) 62nd
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the 62ndFoundation Day event of National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS).
- Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog, Dr. S. K. Sarin, President, NAMS, Dr. R Dayal, Vice President, NAMS and Dr. S.C. Gopal, ex-President, NAMS were also present.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya expressed his appreciation for participation of over 20 eminent institutions in the event from across the country.
- The Union Health Minister released the book, “Journey of NAMS” and felicitated the Presidents of Academics and Associations present in the gathering.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 21
8. Who among the following appointed as Kamala Harris’ defence adviser?
A) Shanti Sethi
B) Parag Agarwal
C) Karan Soni
D) Rajiv Malhotra
E) Nikesh Arora
Answer: A) Shanti Sethi
- Shanti Sethi, a trailblazing Indian-American Navy veteran, has joined US Vice-President Kamala Harris’s office as her executive secretary and defence adviser.
- Sethi, the first Indian-American commander of a major US Navy combat ship.
- Sethi commanded the guided-missile destroyer, USS Decatur, from December 2010 to May 2012.
- She was also the first female commander of a US naval vessel to visit India.
9. Who among the following appointed as next Director General of Military Operations?
A) Lieutenant GeneralAjai Singh
B) Lieutenant GeneralRavin Khosla
C) Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar
D) Lieutenant General Arvind Walia
E) Lieutenant General GAV Reddy
Answer: C) Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar
- Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyarhas been appointed as the next Director General of Military Operations.
- He would take charge of the new office on May 1st.
10. Who among the following appointed Principal Scientific Advisor?
A) K VijayRaghavan
B) PK Sinha
D) Naresh Salecha
E) Ajay Kumar Sood
Answer: E) Ajay Kumar Sood
- Ajay Kumar Soodhas been appointed as the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the government.
- Sood, a member of Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, has been appointed to the post for a period of three years to succeed renowned biologist K VijayRaghavan.
11. Who among the following elected to PTI Federation as president?
A) MS Yadav
B) Gopal Jain
C) Syed Latifuddin
E) Mohammad Salimuddin
Answer: D) BhuwanChaubey
- The All India Federation of PTI Employees Unions, an organization of journalists and non-journalists of the Press Trust of India.
- President – BhuwanChaubey
- General Secretary – MS Yadav
- Vice president – Mohammad Salimuddin
- Assistant general secretaries – OJ Rama, and Syed Latifuddin
- Treasurer – Gopal Jain
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 21
12. Who among the following conferred with Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration?
A) Shri Amit Shah
B) Shri Narendra Modi
C) Shri Jai Shankar
D) Smt Nirmala Sitharaman
E) Shri Rajnath Singh
Answer: B) Shri Narendra Modi
- On the occasion of Civil Services Day, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi conferred the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration at VigyanBhawan.
- Union Minister Shri Jitendra Singh, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, Shri P K Mishra,cabinet Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba were among those present on the occasion.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 21
13. Oil India commissions country’s first 99.999pc pure green hydrogen plant in which among the following state/UT?
Answer: A) Assam
- Claimed to be the first of its kind in the country, a pilot plant capable of manufacturing 999 per cent pure green hydrogen was commissioned by Oil India Limited (OIL) in Assam.
- The pilot plant, with an installed capacity of producing 10 kg of gas per day, was commissioned by the nation’s second-largest state-owned oil explorer in a record time of three months at its Jorhat pump station.
- Green hydrogen will be produced from the electricity generated by the existing 500kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array.
- AEM technology is being used for the first time in the country.
- Sushil Chandra Mishra, chairman and managing director of the company, inaugurated the plant in the presence of Harish Madhav, director (finance), and PrasantaBorkakoty, resident chief executive of OIL.
- This plant is expected to increase its production of green hydrogen from 10 kg per day to 30 kg per day in the future.
- The company has initiated a detailed study in collaboration with IIT Guwahati on the blending of green hydrogen with natural gas and its effect on the existing infrastructure of OIL.
14. NTPC tied up with ______ Jal Board to convert waste into energy?
Answer: E) Delhi
- State-owned NTPC has partnered with Delhi Jal Board to convert sludge produced in latter’s sewage treatment plants into energy.
- In Delhi-NCR alone, Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) produce up to 800 MT of sludge per day.
- Torrefied waste sludge was fired into NTPC’s unit 4 boiler at Dadri for power generation.
- Firing sludge into the boiler will reduce net CO2 emission as well as water and land pollution.
- It will pave the way to utilise the waste and convert it to energy in an environmentally friendly manner.
- NTPC is taking various steps to make its energy portfolio greener and plans to have 60 GW capacity through renewable energy sources by
- The total installed capacity of the company is 68,881.68 MW.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 21
15. Which of the following state CM announcedto rename Shivamogga airport?
D) Andra Pradesh
Answer: C) Karnataka
- Karnataka Chief Minister BasavarajBommaiannounced that the under-construction Shivamogga airport will be named after former Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors
Science and Technology