Daily Current Affairs April 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 18| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 18
1. World Hemophilia Day is observed on?
A) April 14
B) April 15
C) April 16
D) April 18
E) April 17
Answer: E) April 17
- April 17 is celebrated every year as World Hemophilia Day.
- 1st in 1989.
- By The World Federation of Hemophilia.
- Hemophilia is a rare disorder in which the blood of the patient does not clot properly due to lack of blood-clotting proteins.
- To commemorate the birthday of Frank Schnabel, the founder of the World Federation of Hemophilia.
- ‘Access for All: Partnership. Policy. Progress. Engaging your government, integrating inherited bleeding disorders into national policy.’
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 18
2. IAF to organised ____ edition of hockey tournament in memory of Arjan Singh?
Answer: C) 3rd
- The Indian Air Force Sports Control Board (AFSCB) is going to organise the 3rd Marshal of the Air Force Arjan Singh Memorial Hockey tournament from April 18-22, which will witness participation from 11 teams from across the country.
- Besides, the Bangladesh Air Force hockey team will also be taking part in the tournament which will be played at Astro Turf Hockey ground, 3 Base Repair Depot (3BRD), Air Force Station,Chandigarh from April 18-22.
- The tournament is organised every year in memory of the late Marshal.
3. India how many gold medals at Danish Open held at Copenhagen?
Answer: B) 2
- Men’s 800m freestyle at the Danish Open in Copenhagen.
- Gold- VedaantMadhavan
- Silver- Alexander L Bjorn
- The 28-year-old Prakash, who is preparing for the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games, had won a gold in the 200m butterfly.
- VedaantMadhavanhad won the silver medal in the 1500m freestyle event.
4. _____edition of La Roda International Open Chess tournament at Spain?
Answer: A) 48th
- 48th La Roda International Open Chess tournament at La Caja Blanca (White Box),en la Roda,Albacete,Spain.
- 1st – GM D Gukesh
- 2nd – Victor Mikhalevski(Israel), Haik M Martirosyan(Armenia)
- 3rd – GM R Praggnanandhaa
- 4th – GM Sadhwani
- 5th – Manuel Lopez Martinez Josep(Spain), Ramon Martinez (Venezuela)
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 18
5. Which of the following company appointed Satya Easwaran as Country Head of India?
C) Sun Pharma
D) Bajaj Auto
Answer: B) Wipro
- Wipro had appointed Satya Easwaranas the Country Head for India.
- Satya will be in charge of strengthening Wipro’s business in India across key industry sectors through strategic consulting, transformation and modernization engagements.
6. Who among the following person will Be New CMD, Air India Asset Holding?
A) Gopal Singh
B) Virag Joshi
C) Gautam Chatterjee
D) Vikram Dev Dutt
Answer: D) Vikram Dev Dutt
- 1993 batch IAS officer Vikram Dev Dutthas been named as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), Air India Asset Holding Ltd (AIAHL).
- According to an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Dutt to the post with effect from 27.01.2022.
- Prior to this, Dutt was in-charge of Air India as a CMD till the airline was handed over to the Tata Group.
- Air India Asset Holding Ltd. (AIAHL) was set up in 2019 by the government for holding debt and non-core assets of the Air India group.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 18
7. AIMA honoured with who among the following with Director of the Year award for SardarUdham?
A) Ali Abbas Zafar
B) Anurag Kashyap
E) Zoya Akhtar
Answer: C) Shoojit Sircar
- An award ceremony held in Delhi, Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways, presented the 2021 AIMA Managing India Awards (AIMA) in multiple categories in Delhi.
- In the films category, ShoojitSircar was honoured with the Director of the Year award for SardarUdham.
- In previous years, filmmakers such as Zoya Akhtar, RajkumarHirani, Anurag Kashyap, Ali Abbas Zafar, and Nitesh Tiwari have been honoured with this award.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 18
8. Which of the following company all set to launch its own e-auction platform?
A) Coal India Ltd
D) Bharat Petroleum
Answer: A) Coal India Ltd
- Coal India Ltd is set to launch its own e-auction platform, and the mining major has informed new and existing bidders to register on the portal.
- At present, the e-auction portal is managed by mjunction and state-owned MSTC Ltd.
- E-auction sales account for around 120 million tonnes annually for Coal India, while the rest is sold through fuel supply agreements and other special sales windows.
- The miner’s dedicated e-auction portal has been developed by National Informatics Centre and supported by CIL subsidiary Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd.
- E-auction of Coal India is executed in a 60:40 ratio between mjunction and MSTC.
9. Who among the following minister launched two online portals CROP and PQMS of Plant Protection Division?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Amit Shah
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Jai Shankar
E) Rajnath Singh
Answer: C) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomarlaunched two online portals- Comprehensive Registration of Pesticides -CROP and Plant Quarantine Management System- PQMS of the Plant Protection Division at a function in New Delhi.
- The portals will provide hassle-free service to the traders besides helping them in export and imports.
- The country has registered a quantum jump in Agriculture exports in the recent times.
- Bringing reforms, promoting reaseach and use of innovative technologies are the need of hour to give a boost to the agriculture sector.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 18
10. TIDCO & GE to set up Centre of Excellence for Aerospace Research in which of the following state?
A) Andra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- GE Aviation, a world leader in aircraft engines and technology development, has partnered with Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (TIDCO) to set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in emerging technologies.
- Governed by the special purpose entity (SPV) of TIDCO, the CoE aims to create an ecosystem of advanced research and development using additive technologies.
- The CoE is the result of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between both organisations in 2021.
- An investment of about ₹141.26 crores over five years was proposed to be funded by TIDCO and GE in two phases.
11. Who among the following CM told that 165 tall Indian National Flag to be installed at INA Headquarter Complex?
A) Naveen Patnaik
B) Yogi Adithyanath
C) Uddhay Thackeray
D) Biren Singh
E) MK Stalin
Answer: D) Biren Singh
- The Chief Minister of Manipur Biren Singh said that a 165 ft. tall Indian National Flag, the highest in the Northeast region, would be installed at the Indian National Army (INA) Headquarter Complex at Moirang of Manipur.
- The pole for 165 feet tall Indian National Flag had already been erected and the Union Home Minister will visit the State and unfurl the Indian National Flag as part of the State government’s 100 Days Action Plans.
Over All Review
Science and Technology