Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Sanskrit Day is observed on which date?
A) August 2nd
B) August 1st
C) August 4th
D) August 3rd
Answer: D) August 3rd
Sanskrit Diwas also known as ‘Vishvasamskritadinam’ is celebrated around this time of the year.
2. Start of Tour de France in Denmark is postponed to 2022. This sports will held in which date?
A) July 1-5
B) July 1-9
C) July 2-9
D) July 1-3
Answer: D) July 1-3
Tour de France from Copenhagen, scheduled for 2021, pushed back to 2022.
Currency: Danish Krone
3. Politician John Hume passed away. He won which Award?
A) Order of Merit
B) Order of Tower
C) Nobel Peace Prize
D) Emmy Award
Answer: C) Nobel Peace Prize
Politician John Hume, who won Nobel Peace Prize for work to end violence in his native Northern Ireland, has died.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. BOB Financial Solutions Limited ties up with which payment solution company Ltd launches Bank of Baroda Credit Card offers EMI’s on PoS Terminals?
Answer: D) Innoviti
Bank of Baroda:
Hq: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline: India’s International Bank
5. Tech Mahindra has launched a solution to enable workforce and community safety against COVID-19. What is the name of that solution?
Answer: B) Mhealthy
Mhealthy is a solution that uses technologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning to enable data driven digital diagnostics.
HQ: Pune, Maharashtra
Chairman: Anand Mahindra
6. IFSCA set up a panel of industry experts to formulate a plan to develop international retail business at the International Financial Services Centre. Who is Chaired by this committee?
A) Suresh Shah
B) Pradip Shah
C) Prem Shah
D) Sandhosh Shah
Answer: B) Pradip Shah
7. Irfaan Ali has been sworn in as president of which country?
Answer: D) Guyana
Capital: George town
Currency: Guyanese Dollar
8. Which IIT researchers has conferred the ‘Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards 2020’ for developing a mechanism for generating electricity from wet clothes left under sunlight to dry?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Kharagpur
Answer: D) IIT Kharagpur
- Prof Partha Saha and Dr Aditya Bandopadhyay from the Department of Mechanical Engineering have been awarded for their work—“Electrical power generation from wet textile”.
- Another team from the institute was separately granted the same award for addressing the problem of energy conservation and thermal management in wearable and flexible electronic devices.
- Prof Sunando Dasgupta and his team from the Department of Chemical Engineering have also been awarded for their work—“Smart, flexible, and multi-functional thermal and energy management systems for next-generation electronic devices”.
9. Moothon and Run Kalyani have won Best Film award at the 20th edition of New York Indian Film Festival. Who is the director of Moothon Flim?
A) Geetha J
B) Geetu Mohandas
C) Sanjana Dipu
D) Nivin Pauly
Answer: B) Geetu Mohandas
|Best Flim||Moothon Directed by Geetu Mohandas Run Kalyani Directed by Geetha J|
|Best Actor||Nivin Pauly (Moothon)|
|Best Actress||Garggi Ananthan (Run Kalyani)|
|Best Child Actor||Sanjana Dipu (Moothon)|
|Best Documentary||Saurav Vishnu’s Tailing Pond|
|Best director||Achal Mishra (Gamak Ghar)|
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which country will be rolled out 2 new rapid Covid-19 tests to hospitals, care homes and laboratories to increase testing capacity?
C) New Zealand
Answer: B) UK
- The 90-minute LamPORE swab tests, will be supplied by Oxford Nanopore, an Oxford University spin-off co-founded by Indian-origin CEO Gordon Sanghera, who believes it also offers an “accessible global testing solution”.
- The DNA Nudgebox machines will be rolled out across NHS hospitals in the UK to analyse DNA in nose swabs, providing a positive or negative result for Covid-19 in 90 minutes, at the point of care. The machines will process up to 15 tests on the spot each day without the need for a laboratory.
Currency: Pound Sterling
11. IIT Madras Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre and which startup have successfully deployed the jointly-developed remote patient monitoring solutions for Covid-19?
Answer: B) Helyxon
12. Kashmiri teenager Ashfaq Mehmood Choudhary has developed a new file sharing app would enable users to share audios, videos, images and texts between two devices without Internet access. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘Pado Drop’
B) ‘Nano Drop’
C) ‘Dodo Drop’
D) ‘Mono Drop’
Answer: C) ‘Dodo Drop’
13. Which organization has developed nanorods used to reduce pain, fever or inflammation and found it to be an effective non–invasive small molecule-based nanotherapeutics against cataract?
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: D) INST
The Institute of Nano Science & Technology (INST) an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India has developed nanorods from the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) Aspirin, a popular medication used to reduce pain, fever or inflammation and found it to be an effective non–invasive small molecule-based nanotherapeutics against cataract.
14. Which state government will set up industrial parks for micro, small and medium enterprises in six of its most industrialized district?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
The state government has also started work on a detailed project report (DPR) for the proposed 601km-long Ganga Expressway between Meerut and Prayagraj.
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor: Anandiben Patel
15. Minister of State for Agriculture Kailash Choudhary said, the Government aims to double the income of farmers by which year?
Answer: B) 2022
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,Rural Development and Panchayati Raj:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
16. Which Union territory has launched E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education?
C) Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
Answer: C) Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu:
Lt Governor: Praful Khoda Patel
17. Andhra Pradesh state government Launches a month-long awareness programme on the safety of women and children in cyberspace. What is the name of that programme?
Answer: B) e-Rakshabandhan
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan