Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Iker Casillas announced his retirement. He is related to which sports?
Answer: D) Football
Spain’s World Cup-winning captain and goalkeeper. Iker Casillas announced his retirement.
2. Politician Sunnam Rajaiah passed away. He is related to which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Telangana
- Three-time MLA and CPM state secretariat member.
- Sunnam Rajaiah known for his simplicity and unwavering commitment to the cause of the people’s issues, died of COVID-19.
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. The Asian Development Bank will provide a USD 1.5 billion loan to which country to aid its response to the coronavirus pandemic?
A) New Zealand
Answer: D) Thailand
Asian Development Bank:
HQ: Manila, Philippines
Head: Masatsugu Asakawa
Currency: Thai bhat
4. Which Insurance Company has launched an initiative ‘Active Dayz@Home’ during the lockdown to facilitate seamless healthcare to patrons during the lockdown?
A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
B) Aegon Life Insurance
C) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: C) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- ABHICL also recently launched ‘Corona Kavach Policy’- an indemnity health insurance product covering COVID-19.
- Additionally, all indemnity products of ABHICL, namely, Activ Health, Activ Assure and Activ Care offer hospitalisation covers, in-patient treatment, pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, and ambulance cover for COVID-19
- ABHICL also launched a campaign #HealthFromHome that re-imagined a healthy lifestyle for Indians during the lockdown. The campaign leveraged the strength of Facebook Live and health influencers to organise 100 plus sessions across topics like yoga, fitness, nutrition, mental wellness and others for over seven weeks.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance:
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO:Mayank Bathwal
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. The book titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” is authored by whom?
A) Venu Kumar Choudhary
B) Dinesh Kumar Choudhary
C) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
D) Sundar Kumar Choudhary
Answer: C) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday released a book—a compilation of articles, views and life journey—of Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary.
- Kumar released the book titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata”.
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
6. Union Ministers Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Smt Smriti Irani launched the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’. This book is edited by whom?
A) Shri Sundareswaran Iyer
B) Shri Parameswaran Iyer
C) Shri Premeswaran Iyer
D) Shri Pandeeswaran Iyer
Answer: B) Shri Parameswaran Iyer
The book “The Swachh Bharat Revolution”, edited by Shri Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has been translated into Hindi and published by as the Swachh Bharat Kranti. The book was officially launched by Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child Development Smt. Smriti Irani in New Delhi.
7. Who is appointed as new CEO of HDFC Bank succeeds Aditya Puri ?
A) Chandran Jagdishan
B) Saravanan Jagdishan
C) Sashidhar Jagdishan
D) Sudhakar Jagdishan
Answer: C) Sashidhar Jagdishan
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline: We Understand Your World
8. Ashwini Kumar Tewari is appointed as MD and CEO of SBI Cards & Payment Services ltd. He succeeds whom?
A) Hardayal Prasad
B) Vanitha Prasad
C) Kesavan Prasad
D) Sundhar Prasad
Answer: A) Hardayal Prasad
9. Who has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office?
A) Naval Anand Ram
B) Naval Vasanth Ram
C) Naval Kishore Ram
D) Naval Varun Ram
Answer: C) Naval Kishore Ram
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which IIT signed a MoU with the Ministry of Defence for developing a prompt and predictive grievance redress mechanism using artificial intelligence and machine learning tools?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Kanpur
Answer: D) IIT Kanpur
11. Which Ministry inaugurated world class Thenzawl Golf Resort project implemented in Mizoram under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Home Ministry
C) Tourism Ministry
D) Ministry of External Affairs
Answer: C) Tourism Ministry
12. Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation. What is name of that initiative?
A) The Sugam Cooptube NCDC Channel
B) The Science Cooptube NCDC Channel
C) The Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
D) The Swachh Cooptube NCDC Channel
Answer: C) The Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar today launched the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- Shri Tomar also launched guidance videos produced by NCDC on ‘Formation and Registration of A Cooperative’ for eighteen different states in Hindi and regional languages.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,Rural Development and Panchayati Raj:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh