Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 01 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Lung Cancer Day is observed on which date?
A) August 2
B) August 3
C) August 5
D) August 1
Answer: D) August 1
|World Lung Cancer Day||August 1|
|World Breastfeeding Week||August 1—7|
2. Amar Singh passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Politician
Rajya Sabha MP and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh, 64, passed away.
3. Filmmaker Alan Parker passed away. He is related to which country?
Answer: B) UK
British filmmaker Alan Parker, director of movies ranging from Bugsy Malone, a gangster comedy featuring children armed with machineguns that fired cream, to the tense prison drama Midnight Express, died.
Currency: Pound Sterling
4. Who is appointed as NTPC Director Commercial?
A) Varun Kumar Mondol
B) Chandan Kumar Mondol
C) Madhan Kumar Mondol
D) Tarun Kumar Mondol
Answer: B) Chandan Kumar Mondol
HQ: New Delhi, India
Chairman: Shri Gurdeep Singh
5. Sumit Deb is appointed as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of NMDC Limited. He succeeds whom?
A) N. Bala Kumar
B) N. Bajaj Kumar
C) N. Baijendra Kumar
D) N. Barvai Kumar
Answer: C) N. Baijendra Kumar
6. Who has won the prestigious Zinnov Award 2020 for his contribution to the field of artificial intelligence and data analytics?
A) Sunil Kumar Vuppala
B) Sandhosh Kumar Vuppala
C) Senthil Kumar Vuppala
D) Ravi Kumar Vuppala
Answer: A) Sunil Kumar Vuppala
7. Who won Prem Bhatia Award for political reporting?
A) Divakar Ghose
B) Dinesh Ghose
C) Dipankar Ghose
D) Dhanush Ghose
Answer: C) Dipankar Ghose
- P. Sainath’s People’s Archive of India wins the Prem Bhatia Award 2020.
- The award for reporting on environmental and development issues was given to the People’s Archive of Rural India (PARI), a journalism website.
8. Which country starts up Arab world’s first nuclear power plant in the country?
Answer: D) UAE
The oil-rich United Arab Emirates on Saturday announced the startup of its Barakah nuclear power plant, scoring another first for the Arab world.
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: UAE Dirham
9. Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Nagaland and Uttarakhand have joined the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ scheme. How many states are totally connected as of now under the One Nation One Ration Card initiative?
Answer: D) 24
CM: Neiphiu Rio
Governor: R N Ravi
CM: N. Biren Singh
Governor: Najma Heptulla
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
Governor: Girish Chandra Murmu
10. Tamil Nadu government renames three Metro Rail stations in Chennai. According to a government order, the Alandur station will be called which name?
A) ‘Arignar Anna Alandur Metro’
B) ‘Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M G Ramachandran Alandur Metro’
C) ‘Periyar Alandur Metro’
D) ‘Puratchi Thalaivi Dr J Jayalalithaa Alandur Metro’
Answer: A) ‘Arignar Anna Alandur Metro’
|Previous Name||Updated Name|
|Alandur station||‘Arignar Anna Alandur Metro’|
|Central Metro||‘Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M G Ramachandran Central Metro’|
|CMBT station||‘Puratchi Thalaivi Dr J Jayalalithaa CMBT Metro’|
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
11. Madhya Pradesh begins ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ public awareness campaign in Bhopal. What is the meaning of ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’?
A) One mask-many Safety
B) One mask-many Lives
C) One mask-many Security
D) One mask-many Healthy
Answer: B) One mask-many Lives
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
12. Which Ministry launched ‘Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan, 2020-21 for popularizing science among school students of Class 6th to 11th?
A) Home Ministry
B) Ministry of Education
C) Ministry of Health
D) Ministry of Finance
Answer: C) Ministry of Health
It was designed to identify the bright minds with a scientific aptitude among the student community.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister: Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency: Chandni Chowk, Delhi
13. MSME Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari launches Khadi’s Gift Box of Silk Mask. This mask is developed by which organization?
Answer: A) KVIC
Khadi and Village Industries Commission:
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman: Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency: Nagpur, Maharashtra
14. Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched an app to market residential properties. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘CREDAI Awaas App’
B) ‘CREDIT Awaas App’
C) ‘DEBIT Awaas App’
D) ‘HOUSE Awaas App’
Answer: A) ‘CREDAI Awaas App’
- Housing Ministry has also launched NAREDCO’s online portal ‘HousingforAll.com’
- Puri released the knowledge pack of the government’s ‘Affordable Rental Housing Complexes’ (ARHCs) programme, which has been recently launched to provide rental accommodations to migrant and urban poor.
- Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister: Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency: Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh