Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Earth Overshoot Day is observed on which date?
A) August 22
B) August 21
C) August 24
D) August 26
Answer: A) August 22
2. Sevilla clinched the Europa League title win over Inter Milan. Sevilla is a which country’s professional football club?
C) New Zealand
Answer: B) Spain
Inter Milan – Italy.
3. Jack Sherman passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Guitarist
Guitarist Jack Sherman, best known for his association with American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers, has died.
HQ : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
4. Which Insurance company to merge Bharti AXA’s non-life insurance business with itself?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Answer: C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
Rs. 16,447 crore and a market share of nearly 8.7 per cent.
CEO : Bhargav Dasgupta
5. Ashwani Bhatia is appointed as MD of which bank?
Answer: B) SBI
- The government appointed Ashwani Bhatia as the Managing Director(MD) of the State Bank of India until his retirement on May 31,2022.
- Bhatia will be the fourth MD of the country’s largest lender. At present three other managing director at the bank are – Arjith Basu, Dinesh Khara and C S Setti.
- Bhatia comes in the place of P K Gupta.
6. Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as an Election Commissioner replaces whom?
A) Ashok Lavasa
B) Aravind Lavasa
C) Arun Lavasa
D) Ajay Lavasa
Answer: A) Ashok Lavasa
- Former Finance Secretary and presently the Chairman of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB), Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as an Election Commissioner.
- He will take the place of Ashok Lavasa who has resigned and will join the Asian Development Bank as Vice-President.
7. Shantanu Narayen to receive USISPF’s 2020 Leadership Awards. He is Chairman and CEO of which Company?
Answer: B) Adobe
Mahindra group Chairman Anand Mahindra has also received this award.
8. National Fertilizers Limited to set up an Organic Waste Converter Plant in which place?
A) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
B) Mumbai, Maharashtra
C) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
D) Vijaipur, Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Vijaipur, Madhya Pradesh
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
9. Tourism Ministry has virtually signed an MoU with the TAAI and which organization to promote tourism as a sustainable livelihood model for the economic empowerment of women?
Answer: C) FLO
TAAI – Travel Agents Association of India
FLO – FICCI Ladies Organisation
Culture and Tourism:
Minister : Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency : Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
10. Which state Government has decided to provide 100% tap water connections to all the households in the State by 2023 Jal Jeevan Mission?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Arunachal Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Arunachal Pradesh
Capital : Itanagar
CM : Pema Khandu
Governor : B.D. Mishra
11. Which Ministry launched digital solutions for registration and renewal process for licenses for jewelers and for recognition and renewal of Assaying and Hallmarking Centers?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Consumer Affairs Ministry
C) Home Ministry
D) WCD Ministry
Answer: B) Consumer Affairs Ministry
Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution:
Minister : Ram Vilas Paswan
Constituency : MP Rajyasabha from Bihar