Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 02 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won the 2020 British Grand Prix?
A) Charles Leclerc
B) Carlos Sainz
C) Lewis Hamilton
D) Max Verstappen
Answer: C) Lewis Hamilton
Top three players are,
1) Lewis Hamilton—Mercedes—UK.
2) Max Verstappen—Red Bull Racing—Belgium.
3) Charles Leclerc—Ferrari—Monaco.
2. Anant Shet passed away. He is Former speaker of which state Assembly?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Goa
Anant Shet—Former speaker of Goa Assembly and BJP leader.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor: Satya Pal Malik
3. Kamal Rani Varun passed away. She served as Minister of Technical Education of which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor: Anandiben Patel
4. Wilford Brimley is passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Actor
Wilford Brimley, who worked his way up from movie stunt rider to an indelible character actor who brought gruff charm, and sometimes menace, to a range of films that included “Cocoon,” The Natural and The Firm, has died.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which organization discuss with the Indian government for financing a $8-billion scheme for improving health infrastructure at the district level to make the country better prepared for the future healthcare challenges?
C) World Bank
Answer: B) AIIB
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank:
HQ: Beijing, China
Head: Jin Liqun
|Previous Loan Amounts|
|$1.2 billion||For India to fight the covid-19 pandemic.|
|$500 million||Towards building a resilient health system that can effectively treat covid-19 patients and prevent its spread.|
|$750 million||To help the government strengthen its battle against the adverse impact of covid-19 on poor and vulnerable households.|
|$4.3 billion||Across 17 projects in India.|
|Up to $19.6 billion||87 projects in 24 economies.|
6. Which organization to set up a virtual museum of securities market to highlight achievements and milestones in the Indian capital market?
Answer: B) SEBI
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman: Ajay Tyagi
7. The World Bank has approved how much amount to additional financing for the modern food storage facilities project in Bangladesh?
A) $205 million
B) $202 million
C) $201 million
D) $204 million
Answer: B) $202 million
- The credit from the World Bank’s International Development Association (IDA), which provides concessional financing, has a 30-year term, including a five-year grace period.
- 5.35 lakh tons for 4.5 million households.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
8. Amazon has won approval from the US FCC to deploy and operate its constellation of 3,236 satellites to beam affordable Internet services. What is the name of that project?
A) ‘Project broadband’
B) ‘Project Kuiper’
C) ‘Project Net’
D) ‘Project Job’
Answer: B) ‘Project Kuiper’
- ‘Project Kuiper’ to deliver satellite-based broadband services in the US, helping expand internet access to households and communities across the country.
- Amazon will spend $10 billion on Project Kuiper.
- Federal Communications Commission.
HQ: Seattle, Washington, United States
CEO: Jeff Bezos
9. S N Rajeswari has been appointed the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Oriental Insurance Company Limited. She is currently General Manager of which insurance Limited?
A) Tata AIA Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
B) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
C) New India Assurance Company Limited.
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Answer: C) New India Assurance Company Limited.
10. How many women entrepreneurs chosen for Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment award under ‘Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment’ initiative supported by the Department of Science and Technology?
Answer: A) 11
Ms. Priyanka Prabhakar:
To create STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths based) toys and board games managing to engage young minds during the COVID 19 lockdown.
Ms. Meghna Gandhi:
To work with underprivileged women in Vadodara during the same period and created natural textiles and COVID 19 related accessories.
Ms. Snehal Verma:
To work with the fishermen of Chhattisgarh, Telangana and AP and helped them improve their yield of fishes during the COVID 19 outbreak by helping them deploy their internet of things (IOT) machine that helps improve water quality and fish harvest.
Ms. Kalpana Arora:
Her products like sanitizers from wastewater.
Ms. Shivani Gupta:
To develop a patent applied wound healing technology that is now under clinical trial at AIIMS (New Delhi).
Ms. Neeta Doshi:
For Creating A Machine To Convert Air Particles To Rain, Ms. Rashi Verma Who Is Working In The Field Of AR For Farmers.
Ms. Momy Saikia:
To Work In Field Of Domestic Waste Management.
Ms. Abhishree Arora:
To Work On Simplifying Mathematics For Kids.
Promising Star Awards:
Ms. Nitika Sonkhiya, Ms. Ritika Amit Kumar:
For Demonstrating Extraordinary Entrepreneurial Skills And Creating Business Models That Generated Revenues Even During The COVID 19 Lockdown Period.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. JNCASR and which organization have developed devise adaptive model to estimate & strategize critical resources in Covid-19 pandemic?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Madras
C) IISc Bengaluru
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: C) IISc Bengaluru
12. Which company Ltd has received a letter of award from NHAI for executing a stretch of Vadodara-Mumbai Expressway at a cost of Rs 1,755 crore?
A) IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
B) NAL Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
C) CMERA Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
D) CSIR Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
Answer: A) IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd.
- Length of Expressway—27.5-km
- The company is also constructing another stretch on the expressway project between Padra and Vadodara having a length of 23.740 km and a cost outlay of Rs 2,043 crore.
HQ: New Delhi
Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
13. The central Government gives Rs 1,022-crore to which state to help its power distribution company tide over liquidity stress amid the Covid-19 pandemic?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) West Bengal
CM: Mamata Banerjee
Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
14. MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari has approved an employment generation programme to make India self-reliant in agarbatti production. What is the name of that programme?
A) ‘Khadi Agarbatti Varun Mission’
B) ‘Khadi Agarbatti Jeevan Mission’
C) ‘Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission’
D) ‘Khadi Agarbatti Awas Mission’
Answer: C) ‘Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission’
- Proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
- This programme aims at creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country while increasing domestic agarbatti production substantially.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency: Nagpur, Maharashtra
15. Union Minister of State for Communication Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates Bharat Air Fibre Services in which place?
A) Dhule, Maharashtra
B) Sangli, Maharashtra
C) Akola, Maharashtra
D) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Answer: C) Akola, Maharashtra
CM: Udhav Thackarey
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
16. Aadi monsoon festival is celebrated by which state?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
Aadi Perukku is also known as the Aadi monsoon festival.
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
17. Amit Shah inaugurates international webinar on ‘Lokmanya Tilak—Swaraj to Self-reliant India’. This webinar is organized by which organization?
Answer: D) ICCR
Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a two-day international webinar on the theme of ‘Lokmanya Tilak—Swaraj to Self-reliant India’ organized by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations on the 100th death anniversary of the great freedom fighter Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
Minister: Amit Shah
Constituency: Gandhinagar, Gujarat
18. India’s first conservation center for snow leopards will open in which place?
A) Nainital, Uttarakhand
B) Uttarakashi, Uttarakhand
C) Chamoli, Uttarakhand
D) Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
Answer: B) Uttarakashi, Uttarakhand
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya