Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 20 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Sadbhavana Divas is observed on 20 August. This day is celebrated which person’s Birth anniversary?
A) Mahatma Gandhi
B) Rajiv Gandhi
C) Sonia Gandhi
D) Ragul Gandhi
Answer: B) Rajiv Gandhi
|August 20||Sadbhavana Divas|
|Indian Akshay Urja Day or
Renewable Energy Day
2. Ayaka Takahashi is related to which sports?
B) Table Tennis
Answer: C) Badminton
Japan’s Olympic doubles champion Ayaka Takahashi announces retirement.
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
3. A Rahman Khan passed away . He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Politician
Former Tamil Nadu cabinet minister and senior DMK leader A Rahman Khan passed away. Rahman was a five-time MLA and secured a hattrick victory from the Chepauk constituency, in 1977, 1980, and 1984. He successfully contested from Poonga Nagar in 1989 and from Ramanathapuram in 1996.
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank launched its ‘Green Deposit Programme’ for corporate clients to finance green initiatives?
A) HSBC India
B) SBM India
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) HSBC India
Green initiatives such as renewable energy, clean transportation, pollution prevention and control, green building, sustainable water, waste water management.
HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Surendra Rosha
5. Which Bank launched a digital initiative to enable opening of savings account instantly?
Answer: B) LVB
Initiative name – Lakshmi DigiGo.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank:
Hq: Chennai, Tamilnadu
CEO : S Sundar
Tagline : The Changing Phase of Prosperity
6. Which organization has recommended a ‘5 C’ approach for dissemination of financial education in the country?
Answer: B) RBI
- ‘Content’ development,
- ‘Capacity’ building,
- ‘Community’ model,
- ‘Communication strategy’,
- ‘Collaboration’ of stakeholders.
- National Strategy for Financial Education 2020-25.
7. Which City won India’s cleanest city in the Swachh Survekshan awards 2020?
A) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
B) Surat, Gujarat
C) Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|1st||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|3rd||Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra|
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
- The Swachh Survekshan awards 2020 — the fifth annual cleanliness survey of the country — were announced by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri at a ceremony where 129 awards were given in different categories.
- Among the towns along the banks of river Ganga, Varanasi has been awarded the cleanest town award.
- New Delhi has been awarded as the cleanest capital city in the country.
- Chhattisgarh was awarded the first place in the states with over 100 cities.
- Jharkhand bagged it for being the state in the category of states with less than 100 cities.
- Jalandhar Cantonment Board was conferred the cleanest cantonment board in the country.
- Ahmedabad in Gujarat was awarded for being the cleanest city with over 40 lakh population.
8. Techgentsia Software Technologies Private Limited won ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovation Challenge for the development of videoconferencing solution’ .This limited is related to which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Kerala
V-Consol, the videoconferencing solution developed by Techgentsia, will now become the official videoconferencing partner of Government of India.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Maruti Suzuki ties up with start-up hub in which IIM to spearhead innovations in the mobility space?
A) IIM Bombay
B) IIM Mandi
C) IIM Hyderabad
D) IIM Bangalore
Answer: D) IIM Bangalore
Startup Hub – Nadathur S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning.
10. Which Institution Scientists have developed a prototype device that non-invasively detects the novel coronavirus in the exhaled breath of COVID-19 patients?
A) Stanford University.
B) University of Chicago.
C) The University of Science and Technology of China
D) University of Oxford.
Answer: C) The University of Science and Technology of China
11. Iran unveiled a new ballistic missile named after Qasem Soleimani. It has a range of how many kilometres?
Answer: B) 1,400
- This country is also unveiled the cruise missile, called Abu Mahdi.
- The latter is named after Iraqi Shia militia deputy commander Abu Mahdi Muhandis, who was killed alongside Soleimani near Baghdad.
- The Abu Mahdi Muhandis missile hits targets at a range of 1,000 kilometres.
Capital : Tehran
Currency : Rial
12. India and which country signed a cultural agreement to further strengthen their strategic bilateral relations by promoting greater people-to-people exchanges?
A) New Zealand
Answer: C) Israel
This is a three-year programme.
Capital : Jerusalem
Currency : Israeli new shekel
13. Economic Explosives Ltd signs a technology transfer agreement with the DRDO to create the Pinaka rockets. This rockets were tested at which place?
A) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
B) Pokharan, Rajasthan
C) Cuttack , Odisha
D) Kolkata, West Bengal
Answer: B) Pokharan, Rajasthan
DRDO has also successfully tested an extended range guided Pinaka rocket that can hit targets at a distance of 75 km, a significant boost from the current range of 40 km. can fire a salvo of 12 HE rockets in 44 seconds.
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
14. Rajasthan Chief Minister will launch the ‘Indira Rasoi Yojana’ to provide quality nutritious food to the poor at which rate?
A) Rs. 5
B) Rs. 8
C) RS. 10
D) Rs. 2
Answer: B) Rs. 8
CM: Ashok Gehlot
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
15. The Indian Coast Guard has commissioned Interceptor boat C-449 for East Region. This boat is developed by which organization?
A) Mumbai Shipyards Limited
B) Goa Shipyards Limited
C) Larsen & Toubro
D) Kochi Shipyards Limited
Answer: C) Larsen & Toubro