Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Youth Day is observed on August 12. What is the theme of this day?
A) Youth Engagement for Global Skills
B) Youth Engagement for Global Action
C) Youth Engagement for Global Awareness
D) Youth Engagement for Global Health
Answer: B) Youth Engagement for Global Action
|August 12||International Youth Day|
|World Elephant Day|
2. Anshula Rao is related to which sports?
D) Table Tennis
Answer: B) Cricket
Madhya Pradesh women cricket team’s Anshula Rao has been provisionally suspended by National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) after failing a dope test.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
3. Trini Lopez passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Singer
- Trini Lopez, a singer and guitarist who gained fame for his versions of “Lemon Tree” and “If I Had a Hammer” in the 1960s and took his talents to Hollywood, died.
- Lopez received a Grammy nomination for best new artist of 1963.
- He is an American.
4. Politician Rajiv Tyagi passed away. He is related to which Party?
Answer: C) Congress
5. According to Forbes magazine, what is rank of Akshay Kumar in the list of the world’s highest-paid male actors?
Answer: C) 6
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
6. ‘The Beauty of Living Twice’ is authored by Sharon Stone. Which organization will publish the book?
A) Alfred A Knopf
C) Simon & Schuster
D) Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Answer: A) Alfred A Knopf
7. Who is appointed as Executive Chairman of Indiabulls Housing Finance replaces Sameer Gehlaut?
A) Sathish Sheoratan Mundra
B) Shakthi Sheoratan Mundra
C) Subhash Sheoratan Mundra
D) Sandhosh Sheoratan Mundra
Answer: C) Subhash Sheoratan Mundra
Subhash Sheoratan Mundra is ex-RBI deputy Governor.
8. Government forms a panel to discuss matters related to the Procurement and distribution of Covid-19 vaccines. Who is head of this committee?
A) VK Ajith
B) VK paul
C) VK prem
D) VK prabhu
Answer: B) VK paul
9. The “Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation” for the year 2020 have been awarded to 121 Police personnel. Among this awards, how many Personnel received from Madhya Pradesh?
Answer: D) 10
|10||Madhya Pradesh Police|
|8||Uttar Pradesh Police|
|7||West Bengal Police|
|64||The other States/UTs|
These include twenty one (21) women police officers.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Skyroot Aerospace has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine. What is the name of that rocket Engine?
B) Abdul Kalam
Answer: D) Raman
11. The Delhi government has signed an MoU with which IIT and Tata Projects Limited to construct a smog tower in Connaught Place?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: B) IIT Bombay
12. Reliance Foundation has partnered which organization to launch the W-GDP Women Connect Challenge across India to bridge the gender digital divide in India?
Answer: C) USAID
United States Agency for International Development:
HQ: Washington, D.C., United States
Founder: John F Kennedy
13. Which Ltd has developed two Light Combat Helicopters for operations at Leh to support IAF?
A) The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
B) The Goa Aeronautics Limited
C) The Mumbai Aeronautics Limited
D) The Madhepura Aeronautics Limited
Answer: A) The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
The state government has also started work on a detailed project report (DPR) for the proposed 601km-long Ganga Expressway between Meerut and Prayagraj.
14. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a platform for honoring the country’s honest taxpayers. what is the name of that platform?
A) Reduction Taxation–Honoring the Honest
B) Variation Taxation–Honoring the Honest
C) Transparent Taxation–Honoring the Honest
D) Deduction Taxation–Honoring the Honest
Answer: C) Transparent Taxation–Honoring the Honest
15. Which state government roll out Arunodoi scheme in state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
- Under this scheme an amount of 830 rupees will be given to eligible families per month to buy essential food items.
- Rs.400 has been allotted for the purchase of medicine, Rs.150 for vegetables, 50% off on 4kgs of ration and 4kgs of sugar.
CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
16. Who launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research and Education System-Cloud Infrastructure and Services)?
A) Narendra Modi
B) RamNath Kovind
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: D) Narendra Singh Tomar
He also launched the KVC ALUNET (Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Chhatr Alumni Network) and Online Accreditation System for Higher Agricultural Educational Institutions (HEI).
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
17. Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, in collaboration with which technologies launched Student Entrepreneurship Programme 2.0 for young innovators of Atal Tinkering Labs?
Answer: D) Dell
Hq: New Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
18. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister launched a new scheme named ‘YSR Cheyuta’ for which category?
Answer: B) Women
- Aimed at promoting entrepreneurship among women, andhra pradesh chief minister YS jagan mohan reddy launched a new Rs 17,000 crore scheme—’YSR Cheyuta’.
- The ‘YSR Cheyuta’ scheme aims to “give freedom” to “eligible women” to use the amount deposited in their unencumbered accounts for any purpose of their choice.
- Group between 45-60 years.
- Annual amount received by women eligible for pension is Rs 27,000 at the rate of Rs 2,250 per month.
- In addition to this, they would receive Rs 18,750 per annum under YSR Cheyuta.
The total amount comes to Rs 45,750 per annum.
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
19. Which state government launched ‘Karma Sathi Prakalpa’ scheme to provide soft loans, subsidies to youth?
B) West Bengal
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) West Bengal
CM: Mamata Banerjee
Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar