Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Laura Marsh is related to which sports?
D) Table Tennis
Answer: C) Cricket
Former England all-rounder Laura Marsh has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket.
Currency: Pound Sterling
2. Yadupati Singhania passed away. He is president of which state Cricket Association?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor: Anandiben Patel
3. Sumner Redstone passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Businessman
- Sumner Redstone, who built a media empire from his family’s drive-in movie chain, has died.
- He is an American.
- On March 29, 1979, he suffered severe burns in a fire at the Copley Plaza hotel, Though he was warned that he might never be able to live a normal life again, eight years later he was fit enough to insist on playing tennis nearly every day
- As the company grew, Redstone came to believe that content would become more important than distribution mechanisms: channels of distribution (in varied forms) would always exist, but content would always be essential (Redstone coined the phrase, “Content is king!”)
“Success is not built on success.
It’s built on failure.
It’s built on frustration.
Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.”
Capital: Washington D.C
Currency: US Dollar
4. Which state government achieved first rank in operationalization of Health and Welfare Centers as per the latest rankings released by the Centre?
B) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Punjab
CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor: V P Singh Badnore
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. India announces how much amount assistance for mega infra project in Maldives?
A) $400 million
B) $500 million
C) $700 million
D) $200 million
Answer: B) $500 million
- $400 million—line of credit.
- $100 million—grant.
- The 6.7 km Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) will be the largest civilian infrastructure project in Maldives, connecting Male with three neighboring islands—Villingili, Gulhifahu and Thilafushi.
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
6. ICAI ties up with which NBFC to offer special loans for Chartered Accountants?
A) Bajaj Finance Limited
B) Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited
C) Poonawalla Finance Limited
D) Manappuram Finance Limited
Answer: C) Poonawalla Finance Limited
Loan Amount up to ₹ 30 Lakhs. Attractive Rate of Interest. Zero Prepayment Charges & No Collateral Loan Tenure up to 60 Months.
Poonawalla Finance Limited:
Hq: Pune, Maharashtra
CEO:CA Abhay Bhutada
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India:
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairman: Prafulla P Chhajed
7. Which Bank Chooses Fiserv to Support Launch of Their First Independent Credit Card?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Ban
Answer: C) Federal Bank
Hq: Aluva, Kerala
CEO: Shri Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
8. Which company Wins Prestigious IKC Innovative Kitchen Product Award (Materials) For Its Premium Edgeband Range?
A) SEVAU Polymers
B) REHAU Polymers
C) AYHAC Polymers
D) QUENC Polymers
Answer: B) REHAU Polymers
9. Gagan Arora Wins “CEO Of The Year 2020” Award. He is CEO of which company?
A) Ultra Global Services
B) Vertex Global Services
C) Intel Global Services
D) Ober Global Services
Answer: B) Vertex Global Services
10. Israel partners with which Defense Agency successfully tests advanced missile defense system Arrow-2 interceptor against long-range ballistic attacks?
A) The Iran Missile Defense Agency
B) The UK Missile Defense Agency
C) The U.S. Missile Defense Agency
D) The UAE Missile Defense Agency
Answer: C) The U.S. Missile Defense Agency
Currency: Israeli new shekel
11. Which country is signed MoU with India on space cooperation?
Answer: B) Nigeria
Currency: Nigerian naira
12. India has extended an assistance of how much amount to Antigua and Barbuda to combat the COVID-19 outbreak?
A) USD 2 million
B) USD 6 million
C) USD 1 million
D) USD 5 million
Answer: C) USD 1 million
Antigua and Barbuda:
Capital: Saint John’s
Currency: Eastern Caribbean dollar
13. According to Union minister Jitendra Singh, the Katra-Delhi Express road corridor to be completed by which Year?
Answer: C) 2023
The project is estimated to cost over Rs 35,000 crore.
Development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space:
Minister: Jitender Singh
Constituency: Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
14. Chairman Railway Board releases E-pass module of HRMS through video conferencing. Which Organization is developed this system?
Answer: D) CRIS
• HRMS—Human Resource Management System.
• CRIS—Centre For Railway Information Systems.
15. Which Ministry inaugurates HAL-IISc skill development center in Karnataka?
A) Finance Ministry
B) Home Ministry
C) AYUSH Ministry
D) Defence Ministry
Answer: D) Defence Ministry
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Ministry of Defence:
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Constituency: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
16. Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Sarthak’ launched. This vessel developed by which Shipyard Limited?
A) Kolkata Shipyard Limited
B) Mumbai Shipyard Limited
C) Goa Shipyard Limited
D) Visakhapatnam Shipyard Limited
Answer: C) Goa Shipyard Limited
OPV Sarthak is the 4th in the series of five OPVs.
17. Which state Government launches Nutritional Immunity Boosting ‘Him Haldi Dudh’?
A) Himachal Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh state government launched Nutritional Immunity Boosting ‘Him Haldi Dudh (Turmeric Latte)’ manufactured by MILKFED.
CM: Jai Ram Thakur
Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya