Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. V Swaminathan passed away. He is related to which field?
A) Film producer
Answer: A) Film producer
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
2. According to ASEEM portal, which state is topped in seeking skilled workforce to resume industrial activities?
Answer: D) Karnataka
- The Skills Ministry’s recently launched ASEEM portal.
- ASEEM—AtmaNirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping.
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Payment solution launched Payment Buttons for startups and small businesses?
Answer: D) Razorpay
Payment button enables businesses and freelancers to add a single line of code on their website or blog and go live with an integrated payment gateway, in less than 5 minutes.
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Harshil Mathur
4. RBI governor announces a new feature to help avert cheque frauds. What is the name of that feature?
A) ‘Positive Check’
B) ‘Positive payment’
C) ‘Positive pay’
D) ‘Positive Cheque’
Answer: C) ‘Positive pay’
- Under the ‘Positive pay’ system, a customer who issues the cheque clicks a picture of the cheque before handing it over to the beneficiary and uploads the same on the bank’s mobile application.
- The limit of Rs 50,000 will cover approximately 20 per cent of transactions by volume and 80 per cent by value.
5. Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund has launched a scheme for investment in arbitrage opportunities available in equity, derivatives and debt markets. What is the name of that scheme?
A) Mahindra Manulife Finance Yojana
B) Mahindra Manulife Arbitrage Yojana
C) Mahindra Manulife Kisan Yojana
D) Mahindra Manulife Orbitage Yojana
Answer: B) Mahindra Manulife Arbitrage Yojana
6. Soma Mondal is appointed as the next chairman of Steel Authority of India. She replaces whom?
A) Aathish Chaudhary
B) Anil Chaudhary
C) Aravind Chaudhary
D) Ashok Chaudhary
Answer: B) Anil Chaudhary
7. Walter Roger Martos Ruiz is appointed as 18th Prime Minister of which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: C) Peru
8. Who is appointed as brand ambassador of eBikeGO?
A) M S Dhoni
B) Virat Kholi
C) Rohit Sharma
D) Harbhajan Singh
Answer: D) Harbhajan Singh
eBikeGO—Amritsar based e-mobility start-up.
9. Who won the Indian Achievers Award 2020 for Healthcare Excellence?
A) Arun Malik
B) Ajay Malik
C) Akshat Malik
D) Ashok Malik
Answer: C) Akshat Malik
ClickOnCare as its Founder & CEO, Akshat Malik bags colossal achievement by winning the Indian Achievers Award 2020 for Healthcare Excellence in recognition of outstanding and professional achievements and inspiring social contributions in the society.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Who has designed a ‘Multi-Mask’ to enable complete protection against Covid-19?
A) Sundar Pathania
B) Karthika Pathania
C) Pavi Pathania
D) Deepak Pathania
Answer: D) Deepak Pathania
Deepak Pathania, a South Goa-based industrial designer from National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad), has designed a ‘Multi-Mask’ to enable complete protection against Covid-19.
11. Which organization has developed catalyst to improve hydrogen extraction from water?
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: B) CeNS
CeNS—Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences.
12. Russia becomes first country to approve a COVID-19 vaccine. What is the name of vaccine?
A) Sputnik I
B) Sputnik II
C) Sputnik V
D) Sputnik IV
Answer: C) Sputnik V
Russia’s vaccine candidate, developed by Gamaleya Research Institute and Russian Defence Ministry.
Currency: Russian Ruble
13. Which state government to launch to scheme to distribute smartphones among youth?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Punjab
CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor: V P Singh Badnore
14. Kailash Satyarthi’s foundation launched a campaign against child trafficking in Bihar. What is the name of that campaign?
A) ‘Bharat Caravan’
B) ‘Mukti Caravan’
C) ‘Swachh Caravan’
D) ‘Kisan Caravan’
Answer: B) ‘Mukti Caravan’
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
15. Which state government and SIDBI ink an agreement to create newer avenues and growth opportunities for MSME units in the State?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Rajasthan
HQ: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
MD and Chairman: Mohammad Mustafa
CM: Ashok Gehlot
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
16. The Defence Acquisition Council approves procurement proposals worth how much amount including 106 Basic Trainer Aircraft for IAF?
A) Rs 7,722.38 crore
B) Rs 8,722.38 crore
C) Rs 3,722.38 crore
D) Rs 6,722.38 crore
Answer: B) Rs 8,722.38 crore
Ministry of Defence:
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Constituency: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
17. The Minister for Environment and Forest Prakash Javadekar launched a portal on Human Elephant Conflict. What is the name of that portal?
Answer: C) SURAKHSYA
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting:
Minister: Prakash Javadekar
Constituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Maharastra