Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Biofuel day is observed on August 10. What is the theme of this day?
A) Nature towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
B) Biofuels towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
C) World towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
D) Security towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
Answer: B) Biofuels towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
2. Who wins the F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone, England?
A) Valtteri Bottas
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Max Verstappen
D) Michael Schumacher
Answer: C) Max Verstappen
Top three players are,
1. Max Verstappen-Red Bull-Belgium.
2. Lewis Hamilton-Mercedes-UK.
3. Valtteri Bottas-Mercedes-Finland.
Currency: Pound Sterling
3. James Harris passed away. He is related to which sports?
Answer: B) Wrestler
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) on Monday announced that former American wrestler James Harris, better known as Kamala, has died.
Capital: Washington D.C
Currency: US Dollar
4. Pioneering comic actor Franca Valeri passed away. She is related to which country?
Answer: C) Italy
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Endiya Fund II has received a commitment of how much amount from the International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group?
A) $18 million
B) $10 million
C) $15 million
D) $13 million
Answer: B) $10 million
Endiya Fund II has a corpus target of $ 65 million (around Rs 500 crore) and has already completed its first close at Rs 280 crore ($ 40 million) in May 2019.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
6. Which organization launches a special revival campaign for its customers to revive their individual lapsed policies?
Answer: C) LIC
- Under this Special Revival Campaign, it said, policies of specific eligible plans can be revived within five years from date of the first unpaid premium subject to certain terms and conditions.
- The policyholders will get 20 per cent late fee concession for revival while 25 per cent concession between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 3 lakh.
Life Insurance Corporation:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman: M R Kumar
7. BSE StAR MF has launched a direct investment portal for corporates, which will simplify the investment process. What is the name of that portal?
A) StAR MF Corp Desk
B) StAR MF Corp Direct
C) StAR MF Corp Discount
D) StAR MF Corp Drive
Answer: B) StAR MF Corp Direct
The portal—StAR MF Corp Direct—will simplify and provide end-to-end value-based services to the asset management companies (AMCs), distributors, investors, and mutual fund industry participant.
8. Flipkart launched the e-commerce giant’s first startup accelerator programme to help new and upcoming firms. What is the name of that programme?
A) ‘Flipkart Develop’
B) ‘Flipkart Startup’
C) ‘Flipkart Leap’
D) ‘Flipkart Window’
Answer: C) ‘Flipkart Leap’
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9. Union Defence Minister to release a book chronicling the Vice President’s third year in office. What is the title of book?
A) ‘Connecting, Continuing, Changing’
B) ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’
C) ‘Connecting, Creating, Changing’
D) ‘Connecting, Controlling, Changing’
Answer: B) ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’
- A book chronicling the third year in office of the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu titled ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’ will be released by the Union Minister of Defence, Shri Rajnath Singh at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas in Delhi.
- The electronic version of the book (e-book) will be launched by the Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar.
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting:
Minister: Prakash Javadekar
Constituency:Rajya Sabha MP, Maharastra
Ministry of Defence:
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Constituency: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
10. Who is appointed as Chairman of ICRIER replaces Isher Judge Ahluwalia?
A) Praveen Bhasin
B) Pramod Bhasin
C) Prabhu Bhasin
D) Prem Bhasin
Answer: B) Pramod Bhasin
ICRIER—Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations.
11. Who will be sworn President of Belarus?
A) Ashok Lukashenko
B) Alexander Lukashenko
C) Michel Lukashenko
D) John Lukashenko
Answer: B) Alexander Lukashenko
Currency: Belarusian Ruble
12. Who has been bestowed the Dr MS Swaminathan Award for Environment Protection 2020 by the Rotary Club of Madras East?
A) Dr Manoj Paroda
B) Dr Raj Paroda
C) Dr Vignesh Paroda
D) Dr Sarath Paroda
Answer: B) Dr Raj Paroda
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
13. Which organization has launched India Innovation Network (I2Net) to accelerate research on infectious diseases, primarily the Covid-19 pandemic?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Hyderabad
C) IIT Alumni Council
D) IIT Bombay
Answer: C) IIT Alumni Council
14. IKEA India has launched an app to enable people to live a more sustainable life at home, by following simple and everyday solutions that can help make a difference. What is the name of that app?
A) IKEA Power Living App
B) IKEA Below Living App
C) IKEA Better Living App
D) IKEA Basic Living App
Answer: C) IKEA Better Living App
15. Bihar has signed MoU with which IIT the to set up a geographical information system-based platform for air quality management?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Delhi
C) IIT Alumni Council
D) IIT Bombay
Answer: B) IIT Delhi
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
16. WHO has sent to Lebanon how much amount worth of protective equipment to help fight COVID-19 as well as humanitarian aid after the deadly explosion in Beirut?
A) USD 1.4 million
B) USD 1.7 million
C) USD 1.5 million
D) USD 1.2 million
Answer: B) USD 1.7 million
Currency: Lebanese Pound
HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
17. According to the Minister of Tourism and Culture Prahlad singh patel, which year will be the year of Dekho Apna Desh?
Answer: B) 2021
Culture and Tourism:
Minister: Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency: Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
18. Which state government has announced Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana for the current Kharif season?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
Mr. Rupani said that the State Government had to pay Rs.5700 crore premium of crop insurance for the current agriculture season.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
19. Which state government has set up an Herbal Museum in a bid to promote the conservation of rare and endangered indigenous medicinal plant species?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttarakhand
Present in Chamoli district.
Capital: Dehradun(Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya