Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Day of Peace or World Peace Day is observed on which date?
A) September 20
B) September 21
C) September 22
D) September 23
Answer: B) September 21
|September 21||International Day of Peace or World Peace Day||‘Shaping Peace Together’|
|September 21||World Alzheimer’s Day||‘Let’s talk about dementia’|
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. Bharti AXA Life Insurance announced the launch of a unit linked individual insurance plan. what is the name of that plan?
A) Bharti AXA Life Health Pro
B) Bharti AXA Life Wealth Pro
C) Bharti AXA Life Nature Pro
D) Bharti AXA Life Safety Pro
Answer: B) Bharti AXA Life Wealth Pro
The plan ‘Wealth Pro’ offers triple benefits of savings, enhanced protection and market-linked returns.
3. Which Payment app partners with Visa for card-based payments with tokenization?
C) Google Pay
D) Amazon Pay
Answer:C) Google Pay
The feature will also facilitate use of tap-to-pay feature on near-field communications (NFC) -enabled point of sale (PoS) terminals and online merchants.
4. Which bank has launched an online portal for smooth and hassle-free implementation of the Restructuring Policy?
Answer: B) SBI
State Bank of India:
Capital : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Rajnish Kumar
Tagline : With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else
5. SBI Life Insurance and which bank have signed a bancassurance?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) YES Bank
Answer: D) YES Bank
MD and CEO : Prashant Kumar
Tagline: Experience our Expertise
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which e-platform launched ‘Stand for Handmade’ initiative helps artisans, women entrepreneurs double sales?
Answer: A) Amazon
Hq : Seattle, Washington, United States
CEO: Jeff Bezos
7. Who becomes the youngest winner of the best lead actress in a drama trophy at the 72nd Emmy Awards?
A) Jennifer Aniston
B) Jodie Comer
D) Laura Linney
8. Which Film won the Amplify Voices Award at the 45th Toronto International Film Festival?
A) “Nailed It”
B) “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee”
C) “The Disciple”
D) “Top Chef”
Answer:C) “The Disciple”
Indian director Chaitanya Tamhane’s “The Disciple” won the Amplify Voices Award at the 45th Toronto International Film Festival sharing the prize with Ivorian director Phillipe Lacote’s “Night of the Kings”.
9. Which city Management Association won the award for the ‘Best Management Association in India’ for the year 2019-20?
Answer: B) Madras
Madras Management Association (MMA)
10. Who has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for 2020?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Donald Trump
C) Justin Trudeau
D) Hassan Rouhani
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for 2020 for his contributions to medical education, alongside the heads of the governments of Brazil, the UK, Mexico, Belarus, the US, Turkey, Russia and Turkmenistan.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which country has developed a robot SwabBot that carries out nasal swabbing to diagnose COVID-19?
Answer: A) Singapore
The National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) and Singapore General Hospital (SGH) have partnered with Biobot Surgical, a firm specialising in medical robotics technology, to develop the SwabBot.
capital : Singapore
Currency : Singapore Dollar
12. Which start-up has developed ‘SENS’ a contactless and wireless thermal scanner that uses AI to detect body temperature?
A) Narco Robotics
Answer: C) Bluesemi
13. Shipping Minister of India and Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation of which country jointly e- launched a direct cargo ferry service between the countries?
The aim of cutting costs and time taken to transport goods between the two countries.
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
14. Which state government distributed a loan amount of Rs 200 crores to empower Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in the state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
15. Which state launched a unified Covid-19 application which will help in better tracking of the pandemic in the state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
App Name : labreports.upcovid19tracks.in
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
16. The government has set food grain production target at a record 301 million tonnes for which year?
Answer: B) 2020-21
17. Nutrition park to be set up in which place?
A) Bangalore, Karnataka
B) Namakkal, Tamil Nadu
C) Hyderabad, Telangana
D) Mumbai, Maharashtra
Answer: B) Namakkal, Tamil Nadu
- Nutrition park in Chandrasekharapuram.
- Thiruvananthapuram-based Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology will join hands with the Kerala government to set up a ₹260-crore medical devices park.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
18. The Indian Army organized a Shikara race in which lake?
A) Gurudongmar Lake
B) Wular Lake
C) Manasbal Lake
D) Dal Lake
Answer: D) Dal Lake
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Indian Army organized a Shikara race in world-famous Dal Lake in Srinagar to promote tourism in the newly carved Union Territory. Around 15 Shikaras participated in the competition.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
19. Who unveils the Logo and song for festival “Destination North East-2020”?
A) Dr Jitendra Singh
B) Narendra Modi
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Smirti Irani
Answer: A) Dr Jitendra Singh
Development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space:
Minister : Jitender Singh
Constituency : Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir
20. The Tiruchi Range Police has launched a unique initiative that will help combat crimes against women and children. What is the name of that initiative?
A) ‘Project Beat’
B) ‘Project Combat’
C) ‘Project Shield’
D) ‘Project Protect’
Answer: C) ‘Project Shield’
- The Tiruchi Range Police has launched ‘Project Shield’ – a unique initiative aimed at combating crimes against women and children and to create safe and violence-free communities for them in the five districts of Tiruchi, Pudukottai, Karur, Perambalur and Ariyalur.
- The project would be implemented in collaboration with the International Justice Mission and stakeholders working for the welfare of women and children in Tiruchi range.