Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Hindi Diwas is observed on which date?
A) September 13
B) September 15
C) September 14
D) September 19
Answer: C) September 14
2. Who won chaotic Tuscan Grand Prix?
A) Valtteri Bottas
B) Alexander Albon
C) Daniel Ricciardo
D) Lewis Hamilton
Answer: D) Lewis Hamilton
|N||Indicates the race was not restarted|
|Y||Indicates the race was restarted over the original distance|
|R||Indicates the race was resumed with the originally scheduled distance completed|
|S||Indicates the race was restarted over a shortened distance|
3. Domnic Theim is related to which sports?
A) Table Tennis
Answer: B) Tennis
Domnic Thiem to beat Alexander Zverev in a nervy five-setter and win the US Open.
4. Former MLA Baban Naik passed away. He is related to which state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Goa
Veteran Congress leader and former Chhattisgarh minister Chanesh Ram Rathiya died of COVID-19.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor : Bhagat singh koshyari
5. Ajit Das passed away. He is actor of which language?
Answer: D) Odia
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd has entered into a bancassurance tie-up with which bank for selling its insurance products?
A) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
B) Yes Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) Bandhan Bank
Answer: B) Yes Bank
SBI General insurance and YES BANK have signed a Corporate Agency Agreement for the distribution of retail products of SBI General Insurance Company for its corporate and retail customers.
7. Which Bank to roll out portal for restructuring retail loans?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) Federal Bank
Answer: C) State Bank of India
It will also suggest the moratorium period for which the customer will be eligible, and that ranges from 6 months to 2 years. SBI has a customer base of 49 crore.
8. Which Bank Launches Digi Home Loans for its customers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) UCO Bank
Answer: A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) today further sharpened its digital edge by announcing the launch of Kotak Digi Home Loans.
- With a completely online sanction journey, consumers can apply, submit documents and get their home loans sanctioned in less than 48 hours.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9. “My Life In Design” is authored by whom?
A) Sudha Khan
B) Priya Khan
C) Iswarya Khan
D) Gauri Khan
Answer: D) Gauri Khan
My Life In Design, will be released in 2021 under Penguin’s ‘Ebury Press’ imprint.
10. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of World Bank?
A) Ramesh Khullar
B) Rajesh Khullar
C) Raja Khullar
D) Vinesh Khullar
Answer:B) Rajesh Khullar
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
|Rajesh Khullar||Executive Director of World Bank|
|Sameer Kumar Khare||New executive director at Asian Development Bank.|
|Takeo Konishi||Country Director for India, Asian Development Bank||Kenichi Yokoyama|
|Arun Srinivas||Director of Global Business Group in Facebook India|
11. Who is the brand ambassador of Educational technology company Great Learning?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Virat Kholi
C) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
D) Rahul Dravid
Answer: B) Virat Kholi
12. Yoshihide Suga is appointed as which country’s Prime Minister?
Answer: A) Japan
Yoshihide Suga to succeed Shinzo Abe as Japan’s Prime minister.
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
13. The government has formed an expert committee of how many members for conducting a study on the origin and evolution of Indian culture?
Answer: C) 16
14. Margaret Atwood wins Dayton Literary Peace Prize. She is related to which country?
Answer: B) Canada
The Canadian writer and teacher has earned the Richard C. Holbrooke Distinguished Achievement Award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
15. Which country scientists have developed a web-based COVID predictor to predict the sequence of viruses online?
Answer: C) India
Dr. IndrajitSaha, Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata and his team have developed a web-based COVID- Predictor to predict the sequence of viruses online on the basis of machine learning and analysed 566 Indian SARS-CoV-2 genomes to find the genetic variability in terms of point mutation and Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP).
16. Which IIT launched a website named “HOPE” that will connect students to counsellors and help fight the stigma attached to mental illnesses?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: B) IIT Bombay
- Techfest, the annual science and technology festival of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, launched a nationwide initiative for college-goers to address mental health concerns among the youth amid the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.
- The initiative will comprise organising extensive workshops that will be attended by over 90 counsellors from across the country. The festival committee has also launched a section on its official website that will connect students to counsellors and help fight the stigma attached to mental illnesses. It is called HOPE (Healing Occurs with Positivity and Expression).
17. BJP has launched a week-long campaign to mark the 70th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. What is the name of campaign?
A) Bharat Saptah
B) Swachh Saptah
C) Seva Saptah
D) Surak Saptah
Answer:C) Seva Saptah
18. Kiren Rijiju has laid foundation stones for various sports facilities at the cost of over how much amount in Leh, Ladakh?
A) 10 crore rupees
B) 8 crore rupees
C) 15 crore rupees
D) 12 crore rupees
Answer: D) 12 crore rupees
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister: Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
19. Which state government will celebrate an ‘Anna Utsav’ (food grains festival) on September 16?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Himachal Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
- Madhya Pradesh will celebrate an ‘Anna Utsav’ (food grains festival) on September 16, the eve of PM Narendra Modi’s birthday, during which 37 lakh new below poverty line (BPL) beneficiaries will be covered under the government’s scheme to provide food grains to them on highly subsidised rates, as per a decision taken by state government.
- Under the scheme, the beneficiaries will get rice, wheat and salt at Re 1 per kg. Every beneficiary will get 5 kg of food grains per month, according to the food and civil supplies department.
20. Which state government announced Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) — a scheme of providing interest-free loans to women’s groups in the state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
The government is planning to provide total lending up to Rs 1,000 crore to these groups to be registered as joint liability and earning group (JLEG). Each group will have 10 women members in it.
Capital : Gandhinagar
CM : Vijay Rupani
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat