Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who became the fifth batsman and third Indian to hit 200 sixes in the Indian Premier League?
A) Yuvraj Singh
B) Virat Kohli
C) Rohit Sharma
D) Zaheer Khan
Answer: B) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli – Third Indian to hit 200 sixes in IPL.
2. Who won Portuguese Grand Prix?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Sergio Perez
C) Valtteri Bottas
D) Lewis Hamilton
Answer: D) Lewis Hamilton
|Portuguese Grand Prix|
|1st||Lewis Hamilton||The Mercedes|
|2nd||Valtteri Bottas||The Mercedes|
|3rd||Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Teruel Grand Prix – Motorcycling|
3. Screenwriter William Blinn passed away. He won which award?
A) Tony Award
B) Emmy Award
C) Oscars Award
D) Grammy Award
Answer: B) Emmy Award
He won an Emmy and a Humanitas Prize. He is related to USA.
William Blinn – Screenwriter.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
4. K.S. Subramanian passed away. He served as Former Director of which organisation?
A) World Bank
B) Asian Development Bank
Answer: B) Asian Development Bank
- K. S. Subramanian, a former director of the Asian Development Bank, and a founder trustee of the National Agro Foundation (NAF) passed away.
- K. S. Subramanian – Former director of the Asian Development Bank.
5. Lee Kun-hee passed away. He was Chairman of which company?
Answer: B) Samsung
Lee Kun-hee – Samsung Chairman.
6. Who is appointed as first chairman of newly formed Bangladesh India Mediators Forum?
A) Manoj Jain
B) Arvind Kumar Sharma
C) Biman Bagchi
D) GYV Victor
Answer: D) GYV Victor
GYV Victor – First chairman of newly formed Bangladesh India Mediators Forum.
7. Wavel Ramkalawan is appointed as President of Seychelles. What is the capital of Seychelles?
Answer: D) Victoria
Wavel Ramkalawan – President of Seychelles
Capital : Victoria
Currency : Rupee
8. The Centre set up a high-level committee to commemorate the 400th birth anniversary of Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur. Who is headed in this committee?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Amit Shah
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
The Centre – Narendra Modi – to commemorate the 400th birth anniversary of Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur.
9. Which city is introducing a facial recognition system on public transport to beef up security?
A) Manila, Philippines
B) Dubai, UAE
C) Tokyo, Japan
D) Washington DC, USA
Answer: B) Dubai, UAE
Dubai, UAE – A facial recognition system on public transport to beef up security.
Capital : Abu Dhabi
Currency : UAE Dirham
10. According to WHO, which country could be next polio-free country?
Answer: D) Pakistan
Pakistan – Next polio-free country.
HQ : Geneva, Switzerland
Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Capital : Islamabad
Currency : Rupee
11. Narendra Modi will inaugurate the national conference on vigilance and anti-corruption. What is the theme of that day?
A) Vigilant India, Prosperous India
B) Vigilant India, Fight India
C) Corruption India, Prosperous India
D) Vigilant India, Corruption India
Answer: A) vigilant India, prosperous India
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) organises the national conference.
“Vigilance Awareness Week”, which is observed from October 27 to November 2 every year.
Narendra Modi – Inaugurate the national conference on vigilance and anti-corruption.
12. Kiren Rijiju will flag off a howmany long ‘Fit India Walkathon’in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer?
A) 100 km
B) 200 km
C) 300 km
D) 400 km
Answer: B) 200 km
- Union minister Kiren Rijiju will flag off a 200-km long ‘Fit India Walkathon’ being organised by border guarding force ITBP in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer next week.
- Kiren Rijiju – flag off a 200km long ‘Fit India Walkathon’in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister : Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
Capital : Jaipur
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
13. Indian Navy operationalises first batch of 3 women pilots on Dornier Aircraft at Kochi. In below option, who is not in this batch?
A) Lieutenant Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar
B) Lieutenant Shivangi
C) Lieutenant Divya Sharma
D) Lieutenant Shubhangi Swaroop
Answer: A) Lieutenant Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar
Indian Navy – First batch of 3 women pilots on Dornier Aircraft at Kochi.
14. Narendra Modi digitally inaugurated the newly-built passenger ropeway service at Girnar in Junagadh district.what is length of this ropeway?
Answer: C) 2.3-km
The 2.3-km-long passenger ropeway is among the longest in the world to connect a temple.
Narendra Modi – Inaugurate Girnar ropeway in Gujarat – 2.3-km.
15. Punjab CM laid the foundation stone of Punjab’s first dedicated sports university and various other development projects in Patiala. What is an allocated cost to develop this university?
A) Rs 700 crore
B) Rs 600 crore
C) Rs 500 crore
D) Rs 400 crore
Answer: C) Rs 500 crore
The Maharaja Bhupinder Singh Sports University will be developed at Rs 500 crore, of which Rs 60 crore will be invested in the initial phase for the development of academic and administrative blocks and hostels on the campus.
Punjab CM – Foundation stone of sports university in Patiala.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore
16. The Uttar Pradesh government announced the state’s first data centre would be set up in Greater Noida with an estimated investment of over how much amount?
A) Rs 400 crore
B) Rs 500 crore
C) Rs 600 crore
D) Rs 700 crore
Answer: C) Rs 600 crore
UP govt – ₹600 crore data centre park near Greater Noida.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel