Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 23 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. David Pocock has announced retirement. He is related to which sports?
Answer: C) Rugby
- Former Australia flanker and captain David Pocock has retired from all rugby.
- David Pocock – Australian Rugby has announced retirement.
Currency : Australian Dollar
2. K Deep passed away. He is folk singer of which language?
Answer: A) Punjabi
K Deep – Punjabi folk singer
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. SBI Card partners with Delhi Metro that can function as a credit card as well as a metro smart card named ‘Delhi Metro SBI Card’. What is the insurance cover of which amount?
A) Rs 50,000
B) Rs. 1,00,000
C) Rs. 2,00,000
D) Rs. 5,00,000
Answer: A) Rs 50,000
- Customers can apply for the combo card through the sales team present at metro stations as well as online through e-apply platform on SBI Card website at an annual fee of Rs 499.
- The card offers benefits such as 2,000 bonus reward points and Rs 50 cashback on first auto top-up transaction, 10 per cent discount on metro travel, and top-up of card for Rs 200 at an auto top-up thresh hold of Rs 100 as well as reward points on various purchases.
- Customers can also avail benefit of 1 per cent fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps, reversal of annual fee on spends of Rs 1 lakh and complimentary lost card insurance cover of Rs 50,000.
SBI Card + Delhi Metro = Credit card as well as a metro smart card named ‘Delhi Metro SBI Card’.
4. Which company in partnership with Atlantis announced the expansion of the Digital First Program in India?
Answer: A) Mastercard
Mastercard + Atlantis = Expansion of the Digital First Program in India.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Vodafone Idea Ltd, in partnership with NASSCOM Foundation, Sayfty Trust, and UN Women has launched a new app for women safety. What is the name of that app?
A) ‘My Yuvani’
B) ‘My Women’
C) ‘My Window’
Answer: D) ‘MyAmbar’
Vodafone Idea Ltd + NASSCOM Foundation + Sayfty Trust + UN Women – ‘MyAmbar – a new app for women safety.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
6. Flipkart to acquire howmuch percent stake in Aditya Birla Fashion for Rs 1,500 crore?
Answer: D) 7.8%
Flipkart – Acquire 7.8% stake in Aditya Birla Fashion for Rs 1,500 crore.
Hq :Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO : Kalyan Krishnamurthy
7. NITI Aayog formed The 14-member advisory committee to review the urban planning education system in India and examine the availability, demand and supply of qualified urban planners in the country. who is headed in this committee?
A) Rajiv Kumar
B) Arvind Kumar Sharma
C) Ramesh Babu
D) Patrick Pichette
Answer: A) Rajiv Kumar
Rajiv Kumar – 14-member advisory committee – Reforms in urban planning education.
Hq: New Delhi
CEO : Amitabh Kant
8. Who has been selected for the Asia Pacific League of Association for Rheumatology Master Award 2020 for his contribution in the field of Rheumatology?
A) Dr A N Sadhasivam
B) Dr A N Chandrasekaran
C) Dr A N Manoharan
D) Dr A N Vijayan
Answer: B) Dr A N Chandrasekaran
Dr A N Chandrasekaran – the Asia Pacific League of Association for Rheumatology Master Award 2020.
9. Who won the Youth Icon Award for efforts to teach children through initiative named Ente Naatile Smart Class?
A) Anamika S
B) Surajit Dhara
C) Shashank Nimkar
D) Udit Singhal
Answer: A) Anamika S
Anamika S – The Youth Icon Award – teach children through Ente Naatile Smart Class
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. CCMB incubated startup Clone Deals launched mushroom-based immunity booster to fight COVID-19. What is the name of that booster?
Answer: A) CoronAid
Clone Deals – CoronAid – Mushroom-based immunity booster to fight COVID-19.
11. IAVI, Serum Institute sign pact with Merck to develop coronavirus neutralising antibodies. what is the headquarters of IAVI?
A) Tokyo, Japan
B) Geneva, Switzerland
C) New York, United States
D) Manila, Philippines
Answer: C) New York, United States
IAVI + Serum Institute + Merck = Develop coronavirus neutralising antibodies.
12. Which country set to target zero emissions by 2050 to fight climate change?
Answer: B) Japan
- Japan previously said it would aim to reduce emissions by 80% by 2050 and achieve net-zero emissions sometime in the latter half of the century.
- Japan – Set to target zero emissions by 2050 to fight climate change.
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
13. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for howmany projects totalling an investment of Rs 10,062 crore?
Answer: B) 9
- In Tamil Nadu, seven industrial projects with an investment of over 1,298 crore rupees.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami laid the foundation stone for nine projects totalling an investment of Rs 10,062 crore. These projects woudl generate 17,000-18,000 jobs.
- The projects include Vikram Solar’s investment of Rs 5,512 crore (4738 jobs), Adani Gas’ Rs 2,000 crore (1,00 jobs), DP World’s Rs 1,000 crore (1100 jobs), Philips Carbon Block Rs 600 crore (300 jobs), AGS Rs 300 crore (500 jobs), and Aqua Group Rs 200 crore (400 jobs).
Tamil Nadu CM – Foundation stone for 9 projects worth Rs 10,062 cr.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
14. Which state government’s Women & Child welfare dept launches initiative named ‘TARANG SUPOSHIT MAHARASHTRACHA’ to fulfill nutritional requirements of lactating mothers & children?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Maharashtra
Maharashtra – initiative to fulfill nutritional requirements of lactating mothers & children.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
Capital : Shimla
CM : Jai Ram Thakur
Governor : Bandaru Dattatreya
15. Which UT launched 3 e-governance services by eliminating the need to visit government offices?
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Chandigarh
- Three new e-governance services – e-licensing, e-horticulture services and e- challan encroachment – were launched.
- Chandigarh – 3 e-governance services by eliminating the need to visit government offices.
Capital : Chandigarh
Lt Governor : V.P. Singh Badnore
16. Indian Navy’s anti-ship missile launched by which INS sinks target with clinical precision?
A) INS Surya
B) INS Barlock
C) INS Prabal
D) INS Vela
Answer: C) INS Prabal
Indian Navy – Its anti-ship missile launched by INS Prabal sinks target with clinical precision.
17. Sangeet Natak Akademi award of which state has been renamed as ‘Sunanda Samman’?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Odisha
Odisha – Sangeet Natak Akademi award has been renamed as ‘Sunanda Samman’.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
18. Which railways begins ‘Bags on Wheels’ initiative to ferry passenger luggage from train coach to home, vice versa?
A) Northern Railways
B) Eastern Railways
C) Southern Railways
D) Western Railways
Answer: A) Northern Railways
Northern Railways -‘Bags on Wheels’ initiative to ferry passenger luggage from train coach to home, vice versa.
19. Which state launched an Android application and web portal called ‘Asha-Pay’ for digital payment and monitoring of the state’s authorized social health workers?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
Haryana – Android application and web portal ‘Asha-Pay’ for social health workers.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor : Satyadev Narayan Arya