Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Police Commemoration Day is observed on which date?
A) 20th October
B) 21st October
C) 26th October
D) 22th October
Answer: B) 21st October
World Statistics Day – October 20 – “Connecting the world with data we can trust”.
2. The first woman commissioned officer of the Indian Air Force Dr Vijayalakshmi Ramanan passed away. She won which award?
A) Param Vir Chakra
B) Vir Chakra
C) Vayu Sena Medal
D) Vishisht Seva Medal
Answer: D) Vishisht Seva Medal
Ramanan was promoted to the rank of Wing Commander in August 1972 and honoured with the Vishisht Seva Medal five years later. She had retired in February, 1979.
Dr Vijayalakshmi Ramanan – The first woman commissioned officer of the Indian Air Force.
3. Haryana has the best Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index among 29 states in the country. The Anemia Mukt Bharat, an initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and which organisation?
Answer: D) UNICEF
Haryana – The best in Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor : Satyadev Narayan Arya
4. Which airport is topped in safest aerodrome globally for effective implementation of coronavirus-related health and safety protocols?
A) Tokyo International Airport Haneda
B) Hamad International Airport
C) Delhi International Airport
D) Singapore Changi Airport
Answer: D) Singapore Changi Airport
|1st||Singapore Changi Airport|
|2nd||Delhi’s IGI Airport|
|Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Indian Bank in collaboration with IIT-Madras Incubation Cell (IITMIC) launched an initiative for funding start-ups. What is the name of that initiative?
A) IND Winter Board
B) IND Autumn Board
C) IND Hot Board
D) IND Spring Board
Answer: D) IND Spring Board
The lender will extend loans of up to Rs 50 crore to these start-ups for their working capital requirements or purchase of machinery and equipment, among others.
Indian Bank + IIT-Madras = Set up incubation cell for startups.
6. The Mangdechhu hydroelectric project has been awarded the prestigious Brunel Medal for excellence in civil engineering. This project is joined Venture of India and which country?
Answer: D) Bhutan
The Mangdechhu hydroelectric project – The prestigious Brunel Medal for excellence in civil engineering.
Capital : Thimphu
Currency : Bhutanese ngultrum
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. IIT Kharagpur has developed diagnostic Machine used to Covid-19 detection. What is the name of that Machine?
Answer: B) COVIRAP
‘COVIRAP,’ the diagnostic machine developed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur researchers, has been successfully validated for its efficacy in Covid-19 detection by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
IIT Kharagpur – ‘COVIRAP’ diagnostic test gets ICMR certification.
8. Researchers in which country have developed a model that can calculate a person’s risk of contracting the coronavirus and getting critically affected by it?
Answer: D) England
England Researchers – A model to estimate Covid-19 severity and deaths.
9. Which country scientists have discovered a potential new organ in the human throat that they stumbled upon while carrying out research on prostate cancer?
Answer: A) Netherlands
- Scientists in the Netherlands have discovered a potential new organ in the human throat that they stumbled upon while carrying out research on prostate cancer, Livescience reported.
- Researchers at the Netherlands Cancer Institute have identified a set of salivary glands deep in the upper part of the throat and have named them “tubarial salivary glands”.
Netherlands Cancer Institute – New organ in the human throat while studying prostrate cancer.
10. The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI) and the Certified Practising Accountants of which country to work together in capacity building and strengthening the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge base in the country?
A) The Philippines
C) Papua New Guinea
D) New Zealand
Answer: C) Papua New Guinea
ICAI + CPA PNG = capacity building and strengthening the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge base in Papua New Guinea.
Papua New Guinea:
Capital: Port Moresby
Currency: Papua New Guinean kina
11. Odisha partners with which organisation as its national industry partner for the third edition of ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave?
Answer: B) FICCI
- The state government signed an agreement with the Federation of Indian Chambers of
Commerce and Industry (FICCI) as its national industry partner for the third edition of ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave.
- The agreement was signed on a virtual platform, in presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik between the state owned IPICOL, the nodal investment promotion and industrial facilitation agency and FICCI for investment promotion and investor outreach activities to be undertaken leading up to the next edition of ‘Make in Odisha’ Conclave.
FICCI – National industry partner of third edition of ‘Make in Odisha’.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
12. Khadi and Village Industries Commission launches India’s first-ever Khadi fabric footwear. What is the price of that footwear?
A) Rs 1,100 to Rs 3,300
B) Rs 1,100 to Rs 3,500
C) Rs 2,100 to Rs 3,300
D) Rs 1,100 to Rs 2,300
Answer: A) Rs 1,100 to Rs 3,300
KVIC – Khadi fabric footwear..
Khadi and Village Industries Commission:
Hq : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman : Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena
13. Which state government announces Rs 75 lakh allocation for martyrs fund to paid tribute to police and paramilitary personnel martyred in the line of duty?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand – Announces Rs 75 lakh allocation for martyrs fund.
Capital : Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
14. Which state Government is implementing the Smart Black Board scheme in 80,000 government schools to ensure better teaching environment?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu – Implements Smart Black Board scheme in 80,000 govt schools.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
15. The third phase of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) will kickstart in which month of 2021?
Answer: A) January
Third phase of National Supercomputing Mission – January 2021.
16. Andhra Pradesh launched YSR Bima scheme by providing insurance cover.what is the insurance amount for accidental death and total permanent disability for people aged between 18-50 years?
A) Rs. 1 Lakh
B) Rs. 2 Lakh
C) Rs. 5 Lakh
D) Rs. 7 Lakh
Answer: C) Rs. 5 Lakh
- Under this scheme, insurance amount for accidental death and total permanent disability for people aged between 18-50 years is ₹5 lakh and for those between 51-70 years ₹3 lakh.
- Similarly, for natural death cases (18-50 years) ₹2 lakh and for partial permanent disability in an accident case (18-70 years) ₹1.5 lakh assistance will be provided.
- In addition to this, an immediate assistance of ₹10,000 will be provided to the families.
Andhra Pradesh – YSR Bima scheme by providing insurance cover.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
17. Minister of state Jal Shakti launched Mobile application for Geo tagging of the components of projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana. What is the name of Minister of state Jal Shakti?
A) Som Parkash
B) Sh. Rattan Lal Kataria
C) V. Muraleedharan
D) Renuka Singh Saruta
Answer: B) Sh. Rattan Lal Kataria
MOS Jal Shakti – Mobile application for Geo tagging of the components of projects PMKSY-AIBP.
Minister : Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency : Jodhpur, Rajasthan
18. Which IIT and the Tamil Nadu Science and Expertise Centre will collectively conduct ‘Shaastra Juniors?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Bombay
Answer: B) IIT Madras
IIT Madras + Tamil Nadu Science and Expertise Centre = Collectively conduct ‘Shaastra Juniors.