Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly Current affairs pdf.
November – 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won “best T20 fast bowler in the world”?
A) Venketesh Prasad
B) Ladhabhai Nakum Amar Singh
C) Jasprit Bumrah
D) Ishant Sharma
Answer: C) Jasprit Bumrah
Jasprit Bumrah – “Best T20 fast bowler in the world”.
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. SEBI has introduced a new category fund for mutual funds under equity schemes. What is the name of that category Fund?
A) Flexi Safe Fund
B) Flexi Income Fund
C) Flexi Cap Fund
D) Flexi Ex Fund
Answer: C) Flexi Cap Fund
In the ‘Flexi Cap Fund’, minimum investment in equity and equity related instruments should be 65 per cent of total assets.
SEBI – introduce ‘Flexi Cap Fund’ for mutual funds.
Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman : Ajay Tyagi
3. German development bank KfW has approved a loan of how much amount to India to fund Mumbai Metro?
A) € 545 million
B) € 145 million
C) € 345 million
D) € 445 million
Answer: A) € 545 million
German development bank KfW – € 545 million – to India to fund Mumbai Metro.
4. NPCI permitted WhatsApp Pay to go live on UPI in India. This pay is available in how many languages?
Answer: C) 10
The cap of 30 percent will be effective from January 1, 2021, and it will be calculated on the basis of the total volume of transactions processed in UPI during the preceding three months.
NPCI – WhatsApp Pay to go live on UPI in India.
5. IFFCO Bazar partners with which app Boosting accessibility of Quality Agri-products in India?
A) U PAY
B) SBI YONO Krishi
C) YUVA PAY
D) KISAN PAY
Answer: B) SBI YONO Krishi
IFFCO Bazar + SBI YONO Krishi = Boosting accessibility of Quality Agri-products in India.
6. ADB and which country signs MoU $3 million grant to demonstrate the viability and sustainability of solar power as an alternative energy and income source?
Answer: D) Bhutan
Bhutan + ADB – $3mn grant for alternative renewable energy project.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Capital : Thimphu
Currency : Bhutanese ngultrum
7. John Pombe Magufuli is appointed as President of Tanzania. What is the capital of Tanzania?
Answer: B) Dodoma
John Pombe Magufuli – President of Tanzania.
Capital : Dodoma
Currency : Tanzanian Shilling
8. Gyanendro Ningombam is appointed as the Hockey India (HI) president replaced Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad. He is related to which state?
Answer: B) Manipur
Gyanendro Ningombam – Hockey India (HI) president – replaced Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Which technologies has developed a portable medical-grade refrigeration system for the effective transportation of vaccines?
A) TermX Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
B) Vistar Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
C) AirOK Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
D) Blackfrog Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
Answer: D) Blackfrog Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
Blackfrog Technologies Pvt Ltd., – a portable medical-grade refrigeration system for the effective transportation of vaccines.
10. Which IIIT has developed a method to sync-lip movements of speakers in out-of-sync videos?
A) IIIT Hyderabad
B) IIIT Mumbai
C) IIIT Bombay
D) IIIT Mandi
Answer: A) IIIT Hyderabad
A team of researchers from the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) have developed a method to sync-lip movements of speakers in out-of-sync videos.
The artificial intelligence and machine learning powered solution, researchers say, has an array of applications, such as in gaming that involve three dimensional virtual avatars, which ‘talk’ to each other, and also in tackling problems posed by deep fake videos.
IIIT Hyderabad – a method to sync-lip movements of speakers in out-of-sync videos.
11. China successfully launches 13 satellites into orbit with a Long March-6 carrier rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre. Out of these, how many satelites are from Argentina?
Answer: D) 10
- China successfully sent 13 satellites, including 10 from Argentina, into the orbit in what was stated to be the biggest launch of foreign satellites by the country that could fetch hundreds of millions of dollars to the communist nation.
- The satellites, including 10 commercial remote sensing satellites developed by Argentinian company Satellogic, blasted off atop a Long March-6 carrier rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in north China’s Shanxi Province.
China – successfully launch 13 satellites into orbit with a single rocket.
Currency : Renminbi
Capital : Buenos Aires
Currency : Argentine Peso
12. India successfully hosted which edition of Joint Working Group (JWG) on Coal between India and Indonesia through video conference?
Answer: D) 5th
- India successfully hosted 5th Joint Working Group (JWG) on Coal between India and Indonesia through video conference due to travel restrictions on account of Covid-19 pandemic.
- The JWG was co-chaired from the Indian side by Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, Government of India and by Jonson Pakpahan, Director for Mineral and Coal, Non Tax State Revenue of Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Republic of Indonesia, from the Indonesian side.
India – host 5th Joint Working Group on Coal between India and Indonesia through video conference.
Capital : Jakarta
Currency : Rupiah
13. Which state government accorded in-principle approval for five mega investment proposals worth Rs 92,713 crore which upon grounding will generate employment for 31,979 people?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
Odisha – approve 5 mega investment proposals worth Rs 92,713 crore.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
14. According to Nitin Gadkari, Govt working to make India automobile manufacturing hub in next how many Years?
Answer: C) 5
Gadkari – Govt working to make India automobile manufacturing hub in next 5 Years.
Road Transport and Highways and MSME:
Ministry : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
15. A two-day joint coastal security exercise was launched at Paradip Coast, Odisha. What is the name of that exercise?
A) “Corona Kavach”
B) “Sagar Kavach”
C) “Raksha Kavach”
D) “Covid Kavach”
Answer: B) “Sagar Kavach”
Odisha – Two-day joint coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
16. Which Elephant Rehabilitation Centre is set to become the largest care and cure centre for elephants in the world?
Answer: D) Kottoor
- The Elephant Rehabilitation Centre at Kottoor in Thiruvananthapuram is set to become the largest care and cure centre for elephants in the world.
- The first phase of the Elephant Rehabilitation Centre will be commissioned in February 2021. The project is being implemented at a cost of Rs 108 crore with funding from Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB). The centre has facilities to accommodate 50 elephants including the existing 16 elephants.
- The project will also include the construction of various reservoirs and check dams at the Neyyar Dam and also special facilities for the care of elephant calves. The aim of the centre is to give elephants a natural ecosystem just like in the forest.
Kottoor Elephant Rehabilitation Centre – the largest care and cure centre for elephants in the world.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
17. Govt disbursed over ₹42,700 crore to 20.6 lakh ex-servicemen in 5 years under OROP scheme. This scheme was launched which year?
Answer: A) 2014
The Centre has disbursed over ₹42,700 crore to 20.6 lakh retired defence personnel under the One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme since its inception.
One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme:
The OROP scheme has been effective since 1 July, 2014.
Under the scheme, the armed forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service regardless gets the uniform pension, regardless of their date of retirement.
Govt – disburse over ₹42,700 crore to 20.6 lakh ex-servicemen in 5 years.
18. Which Ministry and Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the 3600 video-immersive experience in circular dome and Digital Exhibits on Mahatma Gandhi installed at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat, in New Delhi?
A) Home Ministry
B) Health Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) AYUSH Ministry
Answer: B) Health Ministry
Dr. Harsh Vardhan + Shri Prahlad Singh Patel = inaugurate the circular dome with 3600 video-immersive experience at Gandhi Darshan, Rajghat.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constitency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Culture and Tourism Ministry : Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency : Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal