Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 07 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. National Cancer awareness day is observed on November 7. In this day is celebrated as birth anniversary of which person?
A) Thomas Edison
B) Marie Curie
C) Henri Becquerel
D) CV Raman
Answer: B) Marie Curie
International Stress awareness Week – Nov 2 to 6.
2. Elton Chigumbura announces retirement from international cricket. He is related to which country?
Answer: A) Zimbabwe
- The veteran Zimbabwe all-rounder will bring the curtain down on a 16-year international career that began in 2004.
- Chigumbura had featured in 14 Tests, 213 ODIs and 54 T20I matches before the start of his farewell series.
- He is only the second player from Zimbabwe to achieve a double of 4000 runs and 100 wickets in ODI cricket, after Grant Flower.
Elton Chigumbura – will retire from international cricket – Zimbabwe.
Capital : Harare
Currency : Zimbabwe Dollar
3. The 14th edition of Hero I-League will kick off on January 9 2021. This League will held in which place?
A) Kolkata, West Bengal
B) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
C) Hyderabad, Telangana
D) Bangalore, Karnataka
Answer: A) Kolkata, West Bengal
4. M.R. Vasudeva Samaga passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: A) Musician
Yakshagana artist M.R. Vasudeva Samaga passed away.
M.R. Vasudeva Samaga – Yakshagana artist.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Rasaathi: The Other Side of a Transgender is authored by whom?
A) Sasikumar Kallinkeel
B) Sasindran Kallinkeel
C) Sacchinadhan Kallinkeel
D) Saraswathi Kallinkeel
Answer: B) Sasindran Kallinkeel
Published by BookMitra.
6. Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) Bimal Julka. What is the tenure period of CIO?
Answer: D) 5
- Sinha, a former diplomat, joined as the Information Commissioner on January 1, 2019.
- He has served as India’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka.
- Sinha, aged 62, will have a tenure of about three years as the CIC.
- A CIC and Information Commissioner are appointed for a tenure of five years or till they attain the age of 65 years.
- There are four Information Commissioners — Vanaja N Sarna, Neeraj Kumar Gupta, Suresh Chandra and Amita Pandove in the Central Information Commission against the sanctioned strength of 10.
Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha – new Chief Information Commissioner.
7. who has been appointed the White House Fellow for the year 2020-21?
A) Pia Dandiya
B) Pia Sandiya
C) Pia Pandiya
D) Pia Kannan
Answer: A) Pia Dandiya
Pia Dandiya – the White House Fellow for the year 2020-21.
8. S Hareesh won JCB Prize for Literature 2020 for Moustache. He is related to which language author?
Answer: C) Malayalam
Moustache which been translated into English by Jayasree Kalathil and published by HarperCollins India.
S Hareesh – JCB Prize for Literature 2020 – Moustache.
9. Which state has bagged the best State award for water management for the year 2019?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
In all 98 awards in 16 different categories presented for various States, Tamil Nadu won 11 prizes under five key categories.
Tamil Nadu – best state award for water management.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. ISRO launched India’s latest earth observation satellite EOS-01 from the spaceport in Sriharikota. Total howmany satellite launched including EOS-01?
Answer: C) 10
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) on Saturday successfully launched PSLV-C49 carrying India’s latest earth observation satellite EOS-01 and nine customer satellites from the spaceport in Sriharikota.
- The primary passenger of the 44.5 metre tall PSLV-C49 was the Indian radar imaging satellite EOS-01 (formerly RISAT-2BR2) with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) which can take pictures in all weather conditions.
- The nine foreign satellites that would piggyback are from: Lithuania (1-technology demonstrator), Luxembourg (4 maritime application satellites by Kleos Space) and the US (4-Lemur multi mission remote sensing satellites).
ISRO – launch EOS-01 from the spaceport in Sriharikota.
ISRO: HQ: Bangaluru, Karnataka
ISRO Chairman : Kailasavadivoo Sivan
11. The Sports Ministry has approved six centres as the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) amount of Rs 67.32 crore for FY 2020-21. Out of these, How much amount allocated States Sports Academy, Sarusajai, Assam?
A) Rs 7.96 crore
B) Rs 8.39 crore
C) Rs 8.05 crore
D) Rs 19 crore
Answer: A) Rs 7.96 crore
The States of Assam, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya and Sikkim and Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, have been identified in the second leg.
- Assam: States Sports Academy, Sarusajai- Rs 7.96 crore.
- Meghalaya: J N S Complex, Shillong, Meghalaya- Rs 8.39 crore.
- Daman & Diu: New Sports Complex Silvassa- Rs 8.05 crore.
- Madhya Pradesh: MP State Academy- Rs 19 crore.
- Maharashtra: Shree Shivchhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi, Pune- Rs 16 crore.
- Sikkim: Paljor Stadium, Gangtok – Rs 7.91 crore.
Sports Ministry – Rs 67.32 cr to 6 Khelo India State CoE.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports: Minister- Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
12. The Kerala government has granted a fund of Rs 20 lakh as financial assistance for the education of children of jail inmates.Out of these, Howmuch amount allocated for the assistance of their basic education?
A) Rs. 10 Lakh
B) Rs. 12 Lakh
C) Rs. 15 Lakh
D) Rs. 5 Lakh
Answer: C) Rs. 15 Lakh
- The Kerala government has granted a fund of Rs 20 lakh as financial assistance for the education of children of jail inmates.
- A total of Rs 15 lakh has been sanctioned for the assistance of their basic education.
Rs 5 lakh as the aid for their professional studies.
Kerala govt – grant Rs 20 lakh aid for education of children of prisoners.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
13. Which state has launched an awareness campaign regarding the burning of Crop remains in many parts of the state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
UP – awareness campaign regarding burning of Crop remains.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
14. Bongaigaon District Administration of Assam has initiated Mission in a bid to improve the health condition of the malnourished children.what is the name of that mission?
A) Mission Selvapoorna
B) Mission Sampoorna
C) Mission Sarpathi
D) Mission Sabarmathi
Answer: B) Mission Sampoorna
The Mission Sampoorna initiative is not only to improve the health of the malnourished child but also to relish the dream of women empowerment.
Bongaigaon District Administration – Mission Sampoorna to improve health of malnourished children.
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
15. Delhi govt to impose fine up to ₹1 lakh for bursting firecrackers this season. This action will be taken under which act?
A) The Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1982
B) The Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1981
C) The Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1980
D) The Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1983
Answer: B) The Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1981
Delhi – impose fine up to ₹1 lakh for bursting firecrackers this season.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
16. Haryana passes a Bill to amend the Haryana Panchayati Raj Act to ensure that how many percent seats are kept for women?
Answer: B) 50
Haryana – passes a Bill to amend the Haryana Panchayati Raj Act to ensure that 50 percent seats are kept for women.
17. Which organisation Sirius, Russia launched ‘AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’– a 14-day virtual programme for Indian and Russian schoolchildren?
A) AIM, NITI Aayog
Answer: A) AIM, NITI Aayog
Atal Innovation Mission + Sirius (Russia) – Launch ‘AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’.
NITI Agyog: Hq : New Delhi
CEO : Amitabh Kant
18. Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched India’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP) in which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Arunachal Pradesh
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched India’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The solar-based lift water supply project for 39 villages in Lower Dibang Valley district in Arunachal has been commissioned at a cost of Rs 28.50 crore.
Jal Shakti Minister – First solar-based water supply project of India launched in Arunachal Pradesh.
Minister : Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency : Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Capital : Itanagar
CM : Pema Khandu
Governor : B.D. Mishra
19. Kerala launches a pioneering eco-sustainable programme Parivarthanam to help which category?
Answer: B) Fishers
- A pioneering eco-sustainable programme Parivarthanam, to help the fishing community was launched kerala , aiming to improve the livelihood skills of youngsters along the coastline and also enable socio-economic uplift of the fishermen community.
- Conceived to manage the states aquatic and agricultural products through intelligent use of human resources, the scheme will promote processing and marketing of clean fish and its fresh products.
- Parivarthanam, which means change.
- Parivarthanam will also guarantee a fixed price to fish-catchers as a fair compensation.
Kerala – pioneering eco-sustainable programme Parivarthanam for fishers. Kerala:
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan