Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Andrey Rublev is related to which sports?
Answer: A) Tennis
Andrey Rublev eased to victory over Lorenzo Sonego in the Vienna final to win his fifth ATP title of the season and secure a spot at the Tour Finals in London.
Andrey Rublev – ATP title – over Lorenzo Sonego.
2. Violin maestro TN Krishnan passed away. In below option, He is not won which award?
A) Padma Bhushan
B) Padma Vibhushan
C) Bharat Ratna
D) Padma awardee
Answer: C)Bharat Ratna
- Krishnan was born on October 6, 1926, in Kerala and later settled in Chennai.
- He received many legendary awards like Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Sangeetha Kalanidhi. He performed at thousands of musical concerts.
TN Krishnan – Violin maestro.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Implements AI Enabled Solution IDEAS to Automate Motor Claim Settlements. What is an expansion of E in IDEAS?
Answer: A) Estimation
IDEAS – Intelligent Damage detection Estimation and Assessment Solution.
HDFC ERGO – AI Enabled Solution IDEAS to Automate Motor Claim Settlements.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance: Headquarters: Mumbai , Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Ritesh Kumar
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
4. According to Water Risk Filter, 30 Indian cities likely to face acute water risks by which year?
Answer: C) 2050
WWF – 30 Indian cities likely to face acute water risks by 2050.
5. According to the report ‘Shifting Gears, the evolving electric vehicle landscapes in India’, Electric 2-wheeler penetration may reach 25-35% by 2030 in India. This report prepared by which organisation with CII?
Answer: C) KPMG
KPMG + CII = Electric 2-wheeler penetration may reach 25-35% by 2030 in India.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
6. Flipkart acquires gaming startup Mech Mocha. What is the headquarters of Mech Mocha?
A) Mumbai, Maharashtra
B) Pune, Maharashtra
C) Hyderabad, Telangana
D) Bangalore, Karnataka
Answer: D) Bangalore, Karnataka Flipkart – acquire gaming startup Mech Mocha. Flipkart: Hq :Bengaluru, Karnataka
Flipkart CEO : Kalyan Krishnamurthy
7. Who is appointed as CEO global consumer banking of Citi Group?
A) Ashok Selvakesari
B) Anand Selvakesari
C) Aravind Selvakesari
D) Ashwin Selvakesari
Answer: B) Anand Selvakesari
Anand Selvakesari – CEO global consumer banking of Citi Group.
Citi group: Headquarters : New York, United States
Head: Jane Fraser
8. Duarte Pacheco is appointed has been elected the new President of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU) for the period 2020-2023. Duarte Pacheco is related to which country?
D) South Sudan
Answer: A) Portugal
Duarte Pacheco – Portugal – new President of Inter Parliamentary Union.
9. Dilip Rath is elected to the board of global dairy body International Dairy Federation. He is served as Chairman of which organisation?
Answer: A) NDDB
Dilip Rath – the board of global dairy body International Dairy Federation.
10. Musician Karsh Kale and the Salvage bagged the best original music award at the 14th Annual Asian Film Awards for which movie?
C) Gully Boy
Answer: C) Gully Boy
Karsh Kale + the Salvage = the best original music award at the 14th Annual Asian Film Awards.
11. Noted filmmaker Hariharan has been selected for the JC Daniel Award. It is the state government’s highest honour for lifetime contributions to which cinema?
Answer: B) Malayalam
Noted filmmaker Hariharan – The JC Daniel Award.
12. How many women led startups win COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge organized by MyGov in Collaboration with UN Women?
Answer: D) 6 Six women led startups have won COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge organized by MyGov in collaboration with UN Women.
With an objective to encourage and involve women led startups to come up with innovative solutions that can help in the fight against COVID19 or solve problems that impact a large number of women, MyGov in collaboration with UN Women, launched the COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge in April 2020.
The Challenge was implemented in two stages: Ideation stage and Proof of Concept (PoC) Stage.
- Dr P Gayatri Hela is the founder of Bengaluru-based Resada Life sciences Private Limited.
- Romita Ghosh,a cancer survivor, is the founder of Shimla-based iHeal HealthTech Private Limited.
- Dr Anjana Ramkumar and Dr Anushka Ashokan are the product manager and co-founder of Kerala based Thanmatra Innovations Private Limited.
- Vasanthi Palanivel, is the CEO & Co-Founder of Bengaluru-based Seragen BioTherapeutics Private Limited.
- Shivi Kapil is the cofounder of Bengaluru-based Empathy Design Labsthat.
- Jaya Parashar and Ankita Parashar – a mother daughter duo are the founder and co-founder of STREAM Minds, and ed-tech company.
6 women led startups – COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge.
13. The European Union has agreed to provide Mozambique worth of how much amount in coronavirus-related aid?
A) 200 million euros
B) 300 million euros
C) 400 million euros
D) 100 million euros
Answer: D) 100 million euros
The European Union (EU) has agreed to provide Mozambique with 100 million euros ($116.30 million) in coronavirus-related aid.
Mozambique – $116 Million Budget Support as EU Resumes Aid. Mozambique:
Capital : Maputo
Currency : Metical
14. The navies of India, Japan, Australia and the US began first joint exercises in which place?
A) Indian Ocean
B) Arabian Sea
C) The Pacific Ocean
D) Bay of Bengal
Answer: D) Bay of Bengal
US-backed Quad alliance – Start joint naval exercises in Indian Ocean.
15. Which state has notified 100 per cent motor vehicle tax exemption for battery-operated vehicles (Electric Vehicles)?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu is planning to set up the country’s first park exclusively for the electric vehicle production eco-system.
Tamil Nadu – 100% vehicle tax waiver to EVs.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
16. India’s 1st solar-powered miniature train launched in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Kerala
- A solar energy-driven miniature train, billed as the country’s first of its kind, was inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village here by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
The train, which would be an attraction for children especially, was part of a string of projects totally worth Rs 60 crore taken up to elevate the facilities at the panoramic destination to international standards.
- Vijayan also dedicated an “Urban Park” and a swimming pool at the eco-friendly tourist village, located on the outskirts of the state capital where the Veli Lake meets the Arabian Sea.
Kerala – India’s 1st solar-powered miniature train.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
17. Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) ship C-452 is commissioned through video conference in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra. This ship is built by which organization?
B) Goa Shipyards Limited
C) Kolkata Shipyards Limited
D) Larsen & Toubro
Answer: D) Larsen & Toubro
in May, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had commissioned Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Sachet and two interceptor boats (IBs) C-450 and C-451 in Goa. The ICGS Sachet, the first in the series of five offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) has been designed and built indigenously by Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
ICG ship C-452 – commissioned through video conference in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
18. Rajasthan assembly has passed the Rajasthan Epidemic Diseases (Amendments bill 2020) making it mandatory to wear masks. Who is governor of Rajasthan?
A) Vajubhai Vala
B) Anandiben Patel
C) Kalraj Mishra
D) Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Answer: C) Kalraj Mishra
Rajasthan assembly – pass bill to make wearing mask mandatory. Rajasthan:
CM- Ashok Gehlot
19. Tamil Nadu starts India’s first radio channel exclusively for fisherfolk. what is the name of that channel?
A) Kadal Osai FM 91.4
B) Kadal Osai FM 92.4
C) Kadal Osai FM 93.4
D) Kadal Osai FM 90.4
Answer: D) Kadal Osai FM 90.4
A fisherman from the Ramanathapuram district’s Pamban town has started ‘Kadal Osai FM 90.4’, India’s first and only radio channel for fisherfolk.
Armstrong Fernando, a fisherman from Pamban used to listen to the radio since his childhood.
Tamil Nadu – Kadal Osai FM 90.4 India’s first and only radio channel for fisherfolk.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
20. Which Ministry launched ‘Ayur Sanjeevani Kendra for Poshan Abhiyan’ to provide telemedicine consultation in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha?
A) Health Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) AYUSH Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) Women & Child Development Ministry
Textiles and Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated health and wellness service facilities for rural communities using AYUSH infrastructure through common service centers in 13 blocks of Amethi.
The first 13 Ayur Sanjeevani Kendras have been established at CSCs in all 13 development blocks of the Amethi district.
Smriti Irani – inaugurate Ayur Sanjeevani Kendra through CSC.
Women and Child Development and Textiles:
Minister : Smriti Irani
Constituency : Amethi, Uttar Pradesh
21. Kiren Rijiju inaugurates the Sports Authority of India (SAI) regional centre’s new centre at which place?
A) Moga, Punjab
B) Sangrur, Punjab
C) Rupnagar, Punjab
D) Zirakpur, Punjab
Answer: D) Zirakpur, Punjab
Kiren Rijiju – inaugurate SAI’s new Regional Centre at Zirakpur.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Minister- Kiren Rijiju
Constituency : Arunachal Pradesh West, Arunachal Pradesh
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore